WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 26, 2014, 05:00:08 PM #12930 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:17:45 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: dikekoj on January 26, 2014, 11:35:56 AM
i'd touch the texture a bit up so the fur matches the color of the other kongs...
other than that it's looking great

Yeah....the thing about texture hacking is I've no skill set to undertake such a task as making the fur/hair look better, my skills are lacking, no, nonexistent, I wouldn't know how to make the fur look as good as Diddy's or Donkey's to be honest. Glad you like it regardless of my inability to texture edit!   :D

Quote from: Kyouma on January 26, 2014, 09:09:10 AM
YES
My desire of having all the Kongs is materializing on a really good way... *-*

Glad you like it! It would seem I hit another snag; yeah, it's a very strange one at that, but I'll leave that to the thread I made lol. If it ain't one thing, it's something else huh  :laugh:

This is the bad paradigm of brawl hacking.. Most texturers can't import, and most importers can't texture...

Quote from: Kyouma on January 26, 2014, 05:50:22 PM
This is the bad paradigm of brawl hacking.. Most texturers can't import, and most importers can't texture...
Thus why team Naffle exists.

Quote from: Nanobuds on January 26, 2014, 06:01:28 PMThus why team Naffle exists.
This^
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Nanobuds on January 26, 2014, 06:01:28 PM
Thus why team Naffle exists.
Team Naffle needs more hacks, good sir.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 26, 2014, 09:48:36 PM #12935 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:54:49 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Kyouma on January 26, 2014, 05:50:22 PM
This is the bad paradigm of brawl hacking.. Most texturers can't import, and most importers can't texture...

Major edit: Word to the wise, don't use Brawl Box 0.69 and above, it's broken to the depths of hell and breaks how textures are being applied. Using 0.68 solved the texturing issues with Candy Kong. Too bad Blackjax96 is no longer working on Brawl Box, but at least it's open source so hopefully, someone will get to the bottom of this.

I would report the texture corruption issue, but there's no use in telling him now.

Similar things have been happening to me, it'd make half of the polygons extremely dark and the rest extremely bright. I've only been using v0.71 for animating, rest I've been using v0.68d for. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: the_randomizer on January 26, 2014, 09:48:36 PM
Major edit: Word to the wise, don't use Brawl Box 0.69 and above, it's broken to the depths of hell and breaks how textures are being applied. Using 0.68 solved the texturing issues with Candy Kong. Too bad Blackjax96 is no longer working on Brawl Box, but at least it's open source so hopefully, someone will get to the bottom of this.

I would report the texture corruption issue, but there's no use in telling him now.
Now, THAT explain why the textures of my model were messed-up badly in-game :srs: Back to the drawing board, I guess
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

January 26, 2014, 11:07:36 PM #12938 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:12:34 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 26, 2014, 11:00:04 PM
Similar things have been happening to me, it'd make half of the polygons extremely dark and the rest extremely bright. I've only been using v0.71 for animating, rest I've been using v0.68d for. :P

Yeah, something's definitely broken and I refuse to use newer versions for this reason alone. I wonder why it's never been reported, but it no longer can be reported as the Brawl Box thread is locked due to cessation of Blackjax's working on it. So yeah, just a warning to those who use newer versions.  Man that was frustrating trying to figure out why it kept screwing up, nope, not me, 0.69 and above just wigging out :laugh: Hope someone fixes it now the source is available :P ;D

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on January 26, 2014, 11:06:21 PM
Now, THAT explain why the textures of my model were messed-up badly in-game :srs: Back to the drawing board, I guess

No need, just roll back to 0.68 in the mean time.  ;D

i been using .68b as my default. haven't had any issues.

also i believe you can still use .71 for tristripper still, but you should make sure the model's material and shaders are finished and just open the pac/pcs to tristripper it. haven't had an error doing this yet.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

January 26, 2014, 11:37:57 PM #12940 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:38:55 PM by TokoyamiTheDark
I FINALLY found out why the hips and legs were out of whack when rigged :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It has been fixed now, so I should have screencaps in an hour or so.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

January 26, 2014, 11:43:37 PM #12941 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:45:13 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: iwantgames on January 26, 2014, 11:27:26 PM
i been using .68b as my default. haven't had any issues.

also i believe you can still use .71 for tristripper still, but you should make sure the model's material and shaders are finished and just open the pac/pcs to tristripper it. haven't had an error doing this yet.

Yeah, don't know anything about the tristripper as my understanding on the function is beyond my reach, I'll stick to 0.68 just to be safe until this can be resolved. (I have doubts since it's no longer being worked on, but the source is there for anyone). ;D  I don't mess with shaders at all when porting a new model hack, never had to mess with them to be honest.  Would the tristripper prevent the issues on 0.71? I don't see what it would do.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on January 26, 2014, 11:37:57 PMI FINALLY found out why the hips and legs were out of whack when rigged :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It has been fixed now, so I should have screencaps in an hour or so.
Wow. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on January 26, 2014, 11:37:57 PM
I FINALLY found out why the hips and legs were out of whack when rigged :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It has been fixed now, so I should have screencaps in an hour or so.
XD

Quote from: the_randomizer on January 26, 2014, 11:43:37 PM
Yeah, don't know anything about the tristripper as my understanding on the function is beyond my reach, I'll stick to 0.68 just to be safe until this can be resolved. (I have doubts since it's no longer being worked on, but the source is there for anyone). ;D  I don't mess with shaders at all when porting a new model hack, never had to mess with them to be honest.  Would the tristripper prevent the issues on 0.71? I don't see what it would do.
tristripper is for less lag and optimizing

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

how about importing and optimizing with the lates BB, and then fix the materials in a older version of BB?