WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: StarWaffle on March 11, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

Something's happening
Please, for the love of all things holy, tell me this is going to be PSA'd


Quote from: StarWaffle on March 11, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

Something's happening
Is that Diddy's tail? Looks like bone edits to place it on his head. That's my guess.

It looks like it's rigged better than Snoopy's (no offense if you see this, Snoopy).
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 12, 2014, 06:43:26 AM #13458 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:15:30 AM by the_randomizer
Since we're on the topic of Donkey Kong



Many things were done better this time:

- Symmetry modifier, model is perfectly mirrored and has no anomalies
- Mirror Mode, rigging didn't take nearly as long and is much smoother
- Textures show up properly in all levels, so no texture corruption
- When I mirrored it, the UV maps on the word "Candy" were reversed, fixed that too!  ;D

Only thing now is to find out if it's even feasible to use that fur effect on Diddy/Donkey Kong. Is that an actual texture, a material/shader, I'm curious as that'd be sweet on Candy Kong! Yeah, I'd say it's a lot better that the last attempt!


Edit:

Messing with DK's textures and it works in game, looks more like how it should, but not quite there...




Oh, and the Kalypso I just released?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A liiiiitle too dark on the texture there.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 12, 2014, 02:56:16 PM #13460 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:48:38 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Segtendo on March 12, 2014, 02:54:02 PM
A liiiiitle too dark on the texture there.

So brighten them a bit for Kalypso? That should be easy enough in Photoshop :D What about the actual look/style of the texture itself? And the one for Candy Kong?

So for both characters' textures, brighten them up a bit? Anything else?   ;)

Edit: Does this look any better/brighter?  ;)



Edit 2: Also redid Kalypso's textures again, to see if they looked any better  ;D  Though it's probably too late since I already released it on the Vault XD

I love Photoshop!  Here's both characters' retexture


Quote from: Segtendo on March 12, 2014, 04:38:28 AM
It looks like it's rigged better than Snoopy's (no offense if you see this, Snoopy).

meh, mine's about 2 years old.  i'm not surprised it could be improved.  kind of like my Rosalina a few months back.

Randomizer, try matching Candy's fur and skin to DK's.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 12, 2014, 07:34:30 PM
Randomizer, try matching Candy's fur and skin to DK's.

I used DK's fur in the textures, with some alterations of course, since the placement of the transparency in his fur textures makes a bunch of weird white spots on Candy Kong; this is how the textures were mapped on his materials and not Peach's, as a result, it looked way too weird unaltered. As a result, there's no way currently to have it look exactly perfect as DK's fur unfortunately unless someone with experience wants to take a deep look at how the texture match up with how they get mapped. As for DK's skin, the skin hasn't been changed yet, I'll give that a shot, but it's gonna take a bit of time.

how is the tanooki mario i saw on here a few pages ago going?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

March 13, 2014, 12:23:30 AM #13465 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:26:31 AM by the_randomizer
Okay, tried to replicate the skin to look close to DK's as close as possible ;D




Again, given the way the transparency is distributed in DK's texture files, making that "fuzz" or "fur-like" feeling to match up to how her materials map textures will prove to be quite the task.

Skin looks a lot better.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 13, 2014, 12:52:36 AM
Skin looks a lot better.

Good to hear that I was able to (mostly) fix it lol.  Any other things I should tweak with to make it better? I'm also doing recolors as well.

For recolors, may I suggest them being based on DK's colors?

As for other stuff, you gonna edit the clothes to be more "Brawl-styled" as well?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 13, 2014, 01:00:21 AM #13469 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:06:11 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Segtendo on March 13, 2014, 12:58:49 AM
For recolors, may I suggest them being based on DK's colors?

As for other stuff, you gonna edit the clothes to be more "Brawl-styled" as well?

Yeah, I can definitely match up the texture colors from DK in Photoshop, that shouldn't be an issue. For the clothes being more Brawl-like...that, I haven't a clue how to go about doing, so...ugh. I don't have any ideas on how to make them better. ;)4

Should the clothes remain their default colors or should they get recolored alongside the fur?