WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 29, 2014, 11:53:17 PM #14550 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:27:28 AM by Trisepta
Ah yes, I see. So would you be able to just use a simple gradient texture to create the effect?


EDIT: Lol! No problem. Glad to help.

Quote from: Trisepta on May 29, 2014, 11:53:17 PM
Ah yes, I see. So would you be able to just use a simple gradient texture to create the effect?

Yep I'm tired today because I didn't think to do that. Thanks for giving me that idea. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 29, 2014, 10:45:46 PM
No those are actual textures, it'd just be extremely hard and time consuming to try and match the effect he had in the original game.

See how the colors of his tail blend? The texture itself was just white with lines for the fur effect, the actual coloring was done through vertex coloring which a lot of N64 games did to save on file space since a black & white texture took up less space than a colored one (GoldenEye 007 has so many B&W textures) and also to make cool effects, like having the colors merge without having to make multiple textures.
Moving the bones around to give him a rigged tail causes animation glitches regarding items, so should I make two versions (one with and one without rigged tail) or just have him have a static tail? :srs:

Years ago, I saw and downloaded an animated Winged-Zelda with a .PCS, .PAC, and a FitZelda file included. However, it replaced her reflection barrier, but her wings stayed in a fluid looped animation despite her actions. Perhaps the same can be done for Conker?


The wings were likely used as an external GFX stored and invoked from the FitZelda.pac included. I guess you could do a simple animation for the tail and have it constantly wiggling.

I guess that could be done for the tail's movement, but that doesn't solve the item glitching when making the bones.
Here's a pic to show what happened when moving a few bones to make Tail ones.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I mean it doesn't really effect gameplay, it just looks weird, but the items still function like they normally do (the cracker launcher is a little harder to aim but it still works), so think I should make two versions so for those who do want a rigged tail get it but those who want items to work normally can still have that? :-\
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

I think he'd be perfect for Fox.
-has a tail
-uses a gun (Conker: Live and Reloaded)
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 30, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
I think he'd be perfect for Fox.
-has a tail
-uses a gun (Conker: Live and Reloaded)
But that's about it, Mario & Conker both do platforming so Mario's weight and jumping height fits better than Fox's, I don't care about the voice because I can't think of a character in brawl that sounds like Conker, Mario's body shape and size is closer to Conker than Fox (like really the legs were the only parts that were majorly modified to fit the bones and they don't look too bad). Fox is also much faster and athletic than Mario & Conker. It could just be me, but I feel like Conker and Mario are pretty close together in their N64 games, like SM64 Mario wouldn't feel too out of place if he was imported into CBFD, but maybe that's just me. I'll probably look harder into getting the tail it's own bones and not get glitches tomorrow.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Conker looks pretty nice so far, as for stuff I've been working on
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


May 30, 2014, 02:30:41 AM #14558 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:04:38 AM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on May 30, 2014, 01:50:32 AM
Conker looks pretty nice so far, as for stuff I've been working on
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


OMG !!! The New Miyu look fantastic ! Keep working on the eyes a bit though just so she look a bit more "distinctively femine". On the sprite and many fan art (and fan model), her eyes are more "cat like" and seductive, showing her eyelids a little more. You know:  

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Then again that's just my opinion. That comment was meant to be constructive so no offence.
   
お前はもう死んでいる。

well, I already made a thread on the model help board, but I know people barely visits that board so I prefered to ask the help here too; can someone help me to get  this model on 3ds max?

and this post wasnt against the rules: here have a preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

who should I make this character over? I cant decide between sheik and ganon

Quote from: Kyouma on May 30, 2014, 04:17:27 AM
well, I already made a thread on the model help board, but I know people barely visits that board so I prefered to ask the help here too; can someone help me to get  this model on 3ds max?

and this post wasnt against the rules: here have a preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

who should I make this character over? I cant decide between sheik and ganon
Maybe Sheik? Since that would let Dio throw knives... kinda. Well technically they're needles.... But you get the idea.

Quote from: Kyouma on May 30, 2014, 04:17:27 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

who should I make this character over? I cant decide between sheik and ganon

I'd say both, Ganon seems to be fitting for most attacks, but I think he'll go well over Sheik with Sakuya's PSA too
(Or you could make DIO from Part I over Ganondorf and DIO from Part III over Sheik)

Quote from: LJSTAR on May 30, 2014, 04:49:57 AM
(Or you could make DIO from Part I over Ganondorf and DIO from Part III over Sheik)
thats nire convincing, then Ill need youto give me a Dio III model owo

Quote from: Kyouma on May 30, 2014, 04:56:41 AM
thats nire convincing, then Ill need youto give me a Dio III model owo
I guess this should do ?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: LJSTAR on May 30, 2014, 06:14:35 AM
I guess this should do ?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you read my mind ewe