WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 23, 2014, 10:28:08 PM #15555 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:45:29 PM by ShadowRockShoota
so.......anybody here good at rigging stuff to pikachu?
because apparently I suck

no matter what I try to do, I can't get this to look good(look at the legs and arms!)
Anybody got any advice for rigging to pikachu or anything?
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


I just looked at Pikachu's vertices and rigging, and boy is his rig something strange. O_o It's pretty unique considering the arms are rigged slightly different than most characters but his legs.....not only does he barely have any vertices on the back of his legs, his legs are just rigged very differently. Man those legs look like a nightmare to rig over correctly because his animations make full use of the strange rig, so just rigging them like normal legs probably won't get you that far....it's the LegN bones that will cause you a lot of trouble.
Ivysaur has a safer rig, his legs are atleast rigged like most characters are. idk if you care about the moveset, but if you're just trying to get Glaceon into Brawl, Ivy might not be a bad choice.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

July 23, 2014, 11:44:55 PM #15557 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:33:54 AM by ShadowRockShoota
Yeah im thinking of going with ivysaur instead, or squirtle because i just remembered flygon made both Vaporeon and Flareon on Squirtle.

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 04:33:52 AM

"Use ivysaur" they said....."it'll look better" they said.......

ughhhhhhh no
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Blame Ivysaur for having stubby legs.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I'm assuming you didn't move the legs to fit the bones, which is a problem most imports have, they don't move or modify the model to fit the bones so it has the right proportions and thus gets a crappy rig.
If you make him fit the bones then it won't look bad, just keep him thinner than Ivy and it'll be fine, it'll be easier to rig him (as long as he fits the bones) than it would be to rig over Pikachu.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on July 22, 2014, 07:58:33 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yes.
I've been waiting on this guy since I first saw him in your thread a long while back.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on July 23, 2014, 04:07:58 PM
AAaannndd I've made a monster.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
YES.
Also a good reminder that I need to get back to working on a Tales-related mod I started a while back.


Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 23, 2014, 06:59:57 PM
Can I do Sully over Bowser? That'd be a fun challenge plus help with my Bowser rigging skills.
Have just marathoned a ton of Fire Emblem Awakening over the past few days, I totally thought this was referring to the first Cavalier in that game and was wondering how I missed her in this thread.



Rokko-Chan!

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Kage Ryu on July 24, 2014, 05:36:17 AM

YES.
Haven't even played Master of Disguise, but this is possibly my favorite Wario outfit anyway. Because dragons.

Model is complete, now to fix up the rig and work on Brawl styled textures.  :kdance:  :kdance:  :kdance:


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on July 24, 2014, 07:35:57 AM
Model is complete, now to fix up the rig and work on Brawl styled textures.  :kdance:  :kdance:  :kdance:
Awesome! I can't wait to see him finished ;D

i've waited long enough for someone else to make this...


still a heavy WIP, everything is subject to change, i really want to start making models, and thought this would be a nice project to try my hand at...

What if Brawl/PoR Ike was a gorrila?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


i'd like that face, sir, since i've been working on a smash4 ike as well...

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 24, 2014, 01:03:00 PM
i've waited long enough for someone else to make this...


still a heavy WIP, everything is subject to change, i really want to start making models, and thought this would be a nice project to try my hand at...

It looks like a really good start.

Better than anything I've tried to make myself lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SJS on July 24, 2014, 02:55:03 PM
What if Brawl/PoR Ike was a gorrila?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.