Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1060 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 1066 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4653048 times)
Zikkh
Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15930 on: August 16, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »

This might just be me, but I hope that shield gets a better texture.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15931 on: August 16, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »

This might just be me, but I hope that shield gets a better texture.
    Is it the quality? I can change it from CMPR to C18, otherwise no it's not getting replaced....I mean I guess I could attempt to make a Brawl-styled version....no I won't, someone else can if they want when I finish and release him.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15932 on: August 16, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »

Is it the quality? I can change it from CMPR to C18, otherwise no it's not getting replaced....I mean I guess I could attempt to make a Brawl-styled version....no I won't, someone else can if they want when I finish and release him.

Might be a nice challenge to attempt a higher quality texture. I'd be interested. We shall see if I actually get to it though as I haven't done squat for modding as of late.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15933 on: August 16, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

im likin it

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15934 on: August 16, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

I see..... keep in mind that I already improved the other Simon since the public release and the hair texture was significantly improved from the last time since I learned how to make a hair texture from scratch. I also cleaned up the topology and also added a few hair bangs for the front in that Simon, but had to stop because I hit my tri limit that I try to stay under to keep things silky smooth. I suppose I should release the version with the updated model when the Toon Link BrawlEx module gets more stable(I think it's results screen article coding is borked).

The numbers you see are only the number of things on screen not the whole model, the whole model is near about 7K tris(Simon's face model has movable lips and eyelids, not multiple faces since it's built for the former and has far too many tris for the latter), which is my limit.

For this other Simon I have a lot more breathing room so I'll give it a shot.

How many tri's in the face? 5k seems like a lot for the size of the screenshot.

Your classic Simon looks pretty good for a start, though. Mind if I ask how you intend to proceed with the model?

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15935 on: August 16, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »

It just looks bad compared to the rest of the model. Way too low quality. But yea, a higher quality texture for the shield would be cool.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15936 on: August 16, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

Fixed her shoulders. I'm becoming very proud of this rig.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15937 on: August 16, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »

The face object is 786 tris. This doesn't take into account the back of the head, inside the mouth or neck. The face and hands are all that remains from the Judgement model; and the face was designed to have riggable lips and eyelids, which I use instead of multiple faces because it's less taxing on file size.

I've taken way too long with that particular model so I've decided to rig it and leave it as is for the time being. I will return to it later, but not right now. I am taking input to improve it when I DO return to Chronicles Simon's model.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15938 on: August 16, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »

It just looks bad compared to the rest of the model. Way too low quality. But yea, a higher quality texture for the shield would be cool.
    Funny thing is, it's about the same size as half of the other textures, it's probably because the other 64x64 textures are used on smaller objects so they don't look as blurred. I'm going to assume you'll think the same of the Hylian Shield because it's texture is about the same size, and is a bit blurry. The biggest texture for the model is 128x128 and that's the tunic and body textures. Tongue

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15939 on: August 16, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »

Well... this is as good as I can get her. Tongue My first successful import, I'll revisit it when I improve my rigging substantially.

Saria is next.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15940 on: August 16, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »

Well if Flotonic was still on the internet I would've asked him how he got Child Link's other eye and mouth textures but oh well, thanks to him including it in his OoT model hack, redid my yellow eyes, made the up eyes since Link doesn't actually look up in OoT apparently and redid the down eyes so it didn't look weird, and added the mouth textures.

Also I'm claiming Ganondorf (All versions except Ganon, ShadowLuigi has that massive boss), Darunia, and Malon (Child and Adult)
    I have a list of who is and isn't taken on my thread that I am currently making, refresh the page every five or so minutes and the list will be bigger. Not submitting the entire thing at once because it'd end up getting requests half way through. Tongue

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15941 on: August 17, 2014, 03:55:15 AM »

Now that I look at it, 1986(That's what I'm calling Classic Simon now, named after the release date of Vampire Killer/Castlevania) Simon's hair is way too thin. I'm gonna look at some models in Maya for examples on how to convey thickness economically.....

To the modeler's resource!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15942 on: August 17, 2014, 07:25:14 PM »

There really isn't a better character to import her over, I mean the personality, size, hair and clothes just fit perfectly.

Still have to fix her shoes, but otherwise she's ready to be rigged. Awesome Face

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15943 on: August 17, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »

I am just waiting for Saria Awesome Face

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15944 on: August 17, 2014, 07:34:55 PM »

I am just waiting for Saria Awesome Face

I'm working on her as we speak. Grin