WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Almost done. Just gotta fix the shoulders a bit.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 10, 2014, 05:28:30 PM #17266 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:30:28 PM by KingJigglypuff
There's various noticeable issues with the Normals on the shoulders, hair, knees, wrists/hands, elbows, and thighs. The rig looks pretty good though.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 10, 2014, 05:28:30 PM
There's various noticeable issues with the Normals on the shoulders, hair, knees, wrists/hands, elbows, and thighs. The rig looks pretty good though.

I know. I tried Edit Normals and it wouldn't let me edit them. As in Unify didn't do anything.

@Tabuu
That happened to me tons of times

Try this:
Edit Normals, check Vertices/by Vertex, then select all of them & rotate them in any  random direction,
then Normals-> Check Flip Normals, then Uncheck it, somehow it fixes the problem, if she looks too polygonal, go to smooth or Vertex Weld, if this doesnt work try smooth/Vertex Weld at first.

This method resets the Normals, its something weird i discovered by accident but this fixed each normal problem i had.

December 10, 2014, 06:08:28 PM #17269 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:09:24 PM by Nαnobuds
Quote from: Anivernage on December 10, 2014, 05:55:23 PM
@Tabuu
That happened to me tons of times

Try this:
Edit Normals, check Vertices/by Vertex, then select all of them & rotate them in any  random direction,
then Normals-> Check Flip Normals, then Uncheck it, somehow it fixes the problem, if she looks too polygonal, go to smooth or Vertex Weld, if this doesnt work try smooth/Vertex Weld at first.

This method resets the Normals, its something weird i discovered by accident but this fixed each normal problem i had.
This works, but there is a much simpler.

Go to Edit Normals->Average Normals

Make sure the threshold is .01, and that you select all the normals before averaging.

If Unify didnt work, then that means the verts there probably aren't welded. Go in and manually weld them using the Edit Mesh or Edit Poly modifiers..

Thanks for the tip guys, but none worked, especially on the pigtails.

And I have another problem, this time it's the Nidoking I'm rigging over Bowser for Omni X. The UVs are all wrong on him, how do I make one object use 2 textures like the original seems to?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 10, 2014, 07:06:37 PM
Thanks for the tip guys, but none worked, especially on the pigtails.

And I have another problem, this time it's the Nidoking I'm rigging over Bowser for Omni X. The UVs are all wrong on him, how do I make one object use 2 textures like the original seems to?

I fixed the UV's on the model I was working on, but then Nido crashed on me.

Shoot me a PM


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Anivernage on December 10, 2014, 02:39:15 AM
@Gamidame_K
Nice import!, i hope you also make the girl in your sig as well..... :P
yes, I have Bismarck model planned over ganon soon
meanwhile, I have something I just cant resist to import...

AWAKEN MY MASTERS



related thing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Archer/Elen on December 09, 2014, 10:45:06 PM

As for you, SLNG, that Dry Mega Mewtwo looks silly, but great! The fingers look a bit weird though.

Taken into consideration. I may just make the tips slimmer to appear more as actual finger bones.


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 10, 2014, 07:06:37 PM
Thanks for the tip guys, but none worked, especially on the pigtails.

And I have another problem, this time it's the Nidoking I'm rigging over Bowser for Omni X. The UVs are all wrong on him, how do I make one object use 2 textures like the original seems to?
Try selecting the normals, hitting "Break" and then "Average" (set to 0.1). I've had to do this a couple of times, infact I did once or twice while making this model.

Will be a little while before I actually do any real work getting her into Brawl. I'm making a video trailer for my English class, and because it's the semester exam, I decided to put in over 9000% effort and animate it. Have to make a trailer about Macbeth, so I'm using a bunch of N64 models, so I had to rip Gruntilda from BK, her sisters from BT, Adult Zelda here from OoT myself and will have to rip some levels from different games, Future Ganondorf from OoT and so on because a lot of the models I need/want aren't on the model's resource (which is fine because those models usually have bizarrely remapped textures :srs:).
Anyways Zelda here has a modified boneset for the animation, so I'll have to re-rig her later on Zelda's actual boneset, she had over 30 textures and they're mapped in game to be mirrored and such so there wasn't any easy way to combine textures. I don't mind too much, it just takes forever to do all the BrawlBox editing, spent over 4 hours on her today. You know what they say, no pain no gain. I know all this effort will pay off in a week, just been hard keeping track of all my homework. :>.>palm:
So how much should I bet that barely anyone actually read all this? :notimp:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

  :notimp: It's weird that your posts on here are usually the most informative, yet often ignored.

-----

Not sure if I posted this before, but here you go. I may be the only one actually doing "Dry" characters aside from those who do Dry Bones and Dry Bowser.  :srs:



He's done, just have to give him proper eyes and metal. Eventually forget about him. I may just rigg the wings over. What do you guys think?


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 11, 2014, 04:20:52 AM
  :notimp: It's weird that your posts on here are usually the most informative, yet often ignored.

-----

Not sure if I posted this before, but here you go. I may be the only one actually doing "Dry" characters aside from those who do Dry Bones and Dry Bowser.  :srs:



He's done, just have to give him proper eyes and metal. Eventually forget about him. I may just rigg the wings over. What do you guys think?
Yah, though at this point it's not surprising. :P
Dry Charizard looks awesome! I love how creative you get with these Dry characters, and I guess you're really the only one who's thought of making skeleton versions of the existing characters and has the ability to make them. Now this is probably a stupid question, but is he over Bowser or Charizard? I ask because the pose he's in looks a lot like one of Bowser's poses and you mentioned something about the wings.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 11, 2014, 04:29:56 PM #17277 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:31:34 PM by Ashley and Red
I did it!!! It is my best rig ever...but the arms still sucks...I am planning on do a Ponytail versio of her too. Ah, I also did her parasol  :af2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

thats good ash, but the face needs to be fixed, them normals are weird
talking about some of your best rigs, Joseph ended up better than expected; the normals were  total pain but its ready

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Ashley and Red on December 11, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
I did it!!! It is my best rig ever...but the arms still sucks...I am planning on do a Ponytail versio of her too. Ah, I also did her parasol  :af2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I hope you didn't release that with messed up normals..


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.