WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 12, 2014, 11:47:28 PM

Honestly...I hate the UV mapping of XY.


Quote from: DSX8 on December 12, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
u got the wrong texture applied to his head object mate...

This lol.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: DSX8 on December 12, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
u got the wrong texture applied to his head object mate...

Not really. This comes with 3 texture files. One for the head, one for the eyes, and then for the body. Not sure how to fix this as it uses a multimap method I have not seen before on any brawl mod. I have to separate the models...but the head will look odd detached.


Have you tried running the detach by ID script?

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 13, 2014, 12:39:00 AM
Not really. This comes with 3 texture files. One for the head, one for the eyes, and then for the body. Not sure how to fix this as it uses a multimap method I have not seen before on any brawl mod. I have to separate the models...but the head will look odd detached.
well idk what ur talking about... he imports fine for me xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 13, 2014, 12:39:00 AM
Not really. This comes with 3 texture files. One for the head, one for the eyes, and then for the body. Not sure how to fix this as it uses a multimap method I have not seen before on any brawl mod. I have to separate the models...but the head will look odd detached.
There's more than one model type in the download for him, one of them doesn't have messed up Uvs, but you may have to use the DetachbyID like Turbo Chaos said though :)

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 13, 2014, 12:39:00 AM
Not really. This comes with 3 texture files. One for the head, one for the eyes, and then for the body. Not sure how to fix this as it uses a multimap method I have not seen before on any brawl mod. I have to separate the models...but the head will look odd detached.
How? just rig it to look normal once you detach it..

Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 13, 2014, 02:51:55 AM
How? just rig it to look normal once you detach it..
He might've meant the normals depending on what parts of the head use different textures.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Alright, so Tabuu rigged up Nidoking to Bowser.

I put all the textures together in one PNG, and UV Mapped it so that all the parts of the model use that one texture correctly.

It shows up fine in BBox, but like this in Game:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I think it has something to do with the shaders, but Shader0's texturereference0 is set to true. I used BBox ver 0.68b, and my other imports have worked perfectly (no problem with shaders or anything). Just this one.

Maybe because it's all using one map?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 03:00:21 AM
Alright, so Tabuu rigged up Nidoking to Bowser.

I put all the textures together in one PNG, and UV Mapped it so that all the parts of the model use that one texture correctly.

It shows up fine in BBox, but like this in Game:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I think it has something to do with the shaders, but Shader0's texturereference0 is set to true. I used BBox ver 0.68b, and my other imports have worked perfectly (no problem with shaders or anything). Just this one.

Maybe because it's all using one map?
Objects cant use multiple textures. You gotta separate the model so that each one only uses one texture.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 13, 2014, 03:04:40 AM
Objects cant use multiple textures. You gotta separate the model so that each one only uses one texture.

It's all one texture.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That looks like a UV problem to me. Parts of the texture are showing up in several different places.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on December 13, 2014, 03:19:07 AM
That looks like a UV problem to me. Parts of the texture are showing up in several different places.

I'm sure I UV'd it correctly.

Maybe it's because I moved it under the skin modifier?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 03:24:15 AM
I'm sure I UV'd it correctly.

Maybe it's because I moved it under the skin modifier?
no everything should be under the skin.

Is the texture CMPR?

Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 13, 2014, 03:44:53 AM
no everything should be under the skin.

Is the texture CMPR?

Yep.

I changed it to C18 just to see if that was the reason why it wasn't working. But changing it caused to crash.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What are the texture dimensions?

Remember that they have to have the number 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. No other numbers for the dimensions will work.