WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 16, 2015, 05:43:35 PM
I could make one-slot motion files for his eyes to use his eye textures if you want.

If you can, that'd be great


well here's an update to mario galaxy stage! inb4manypeopleaskwhereit'sbeen :notimp:
im still working on the tree's to get them to look the same..
[spoiler]

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

So, as a general critique to people making models with speculars or planned speculars: I want to direct you all to Captain Falcon for something I think will be of benefit to your models.

[spoiler]


Notice the subtle tactile texture on there? With the shine? This is something a lot of models with speculars that I've seen don't utilize: it's a grayscale texture that Falcon's model uses, and there's a similar texture on Aafyre's Poliwrath vertex from a long while ago.

I really think making a similar kind of texture would enhance quite a few models that utilize speculars.


3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on March 17, 2015, 03:49:22 PM
So, as a general critique to people making models with speculars or planned speculars: I want to direct you all to Captain Falcon for something I think will be of benefit to your models.

[spoiler]


Notice the subtle tactile texture on there? With the shine? This is something a lot of models with speculars that I've seen don't utilize: it's a grayscale texture that Falcon's model uses, and there's a similar texture on Aafyre's Poliwrath vertex from a long while ago.

I really think making a similar kind of texture would enhance quite a few models that utilize speculars.


fixed image

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Some Galaxy Man progress. I'm currently trying to lean how bone-edits work but until then I'll be fitting him over regular Ganon.


Quote from: Velen on March 17, 2015, 03:49:22 PM
So, as a general critique to people making models with speculars or planned speculars: I want to direct you all to Captain Falcon for something I think will be of benefit to your models.

[spoiler]


Notice the subtle tactile texture on there? With the shine? This is something a lot of models with speculars that I've seen don't utilize: it's a grayscale texture that Falcon's model uses, and there's a similar texture on Aafyre's Poliwrath vertex from a long while ago.

I really think making a similar kind of texture would enhance quite a few models that utilize speculars.


the actual shader/material used for spec maps comes from Captain Falcon
i dont know if you knew that

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 17, 2015, 10:38:19 PM
the actual shader/material used for spec maps comes from Captain Falcon
i dont know if you knew that

it's about the specular texture, not the material...

March 17, 2015, 11:48:49 PM #18472 Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:50:19 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 17, 2015, 11:27:20 PM
it's about the specular texture, not the material...
i know what he meant
it was just some trivia.
i plan on doing Carnage sometime, and using spec maps to bump out the Muscular tensions out of Carnage's body
but yea
good tip Velen.



Just in case y'all don't follow KJP's thread.

Quote from: StarWaffle on March 18, 2015, 12:31:02 AM
[spoiler]


Just in case y'all don't follow KJP's thread.

Yep, I'm in love. XD the toes scare me.


Two characters I'm working on (slowly)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Doshin the Giant? very interesting title, and very unusual character. i'd download.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: StarWaffle on March 18, 2015, 12:31:02 AM


Just in case y'all don't follow KJP's thread.
I. MUST. have. that. NOW!!
Pm if you want to add me on 3ds
My fc is 0018 2359 9048

doshin will be over DK right?

Quote from: Gamidame_K on March 19, 2015, 12:15:03 AM
doshin will be over DK right?
He's going to have a custom boneset, so he could be over anybody that gives me the necessary resources for the planned moveset. Right now I'm still plotting out moves while finishing the model.