WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Interesting stage. Out of the box too. Do I spy my Dry Super Mario? Yeesh. The normals were bad. Then again, that was before I knew how to fix them.


So I've been playing a lot of Mario & Luigi recently and decided it was finally time for me to update my Dark Bowser.

Not finished, infact I thought finished multiple times, but I'm constantly reopening 3ds Max to fix errors like normals or mess with the hair, as I'm trying to get this one as accurate as possible.

Now by accurate I mean as accurate as he would've appeared in Brawl, so colors are supposed to be less saturated like Brawl Bowser, and same proportions as Brawl Bowser except for the eyes and hair. As you can (hopefully) see, I need to make the hair thinner, also I need to fix a few holes in his head near the hair.
Fun Fact: I made this update from scratch, didn't use my old one as a base at all, textures and model edits are completely new.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

If it is possible, could you make the eyes have a soft glow? Like kinda radiating a small area of light? IDK how to describe it better...

Anyway, a bit of progress on a character
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The star texture on her is actually a spec map. I'm attempting to recreate it mimicking how they made the Cosmic Witch in SMG2. Gotta work on the face and hair texture.

Also, got my hands on FE:A textures...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The textures are actually much more detailed than I expected...Now I just wish I had the models, or could at least model them myself and make them match the textures. But I'll keep trying.

Quote from: Emmeryn on June 02, 2015, 07:18:10 PM
If it is possible, could you make the eyes have a soft glow? Like kinda radiating a small area of light? IDK how to describe it better...
Well his eyes only glow when he is in his giant form, so i don't really think it's necessary.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Wow. FE:A's textures are pretty high res. *Whistle*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on June 02, 2015, 08:03:49 PM
Wow. FE:A's textures are pretty high res. *Whistle*
My reaction exactly. I was really shocked, compared to how they look in the game.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on June 02, 2015, 08:00:59 PM
Well his eyes only glow when he is in his giant form, so i don't really think it's necessary.
Ah okay. I was just asking because his eyes right now look... a little plain?

Well his eyes do have detail.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Yo! Guys!

I released Tiki Tong, and Zeena may follow him later.

But to keep my post relevant, I'mma get back to this shortly.


Expand Dong comfirmed?
retired

Hopefully an Expand pack is confirmed.


I added some strings I guess, don't know if I should keep the ones on her boots.

Quote from: SonicTheBrawlhog on June 03, 2015, 02:08:31 AM
Expand Dong comfirmed?

Your signature already answered it for you
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 03, 2015, 02:53:40 AM
Your signature already answered it for you
You just reminded me that signatures were even a thing, I've had them disabled for years here.

cant wait for that DK, love his DKCR design

Wow! Didn't think my DK WIP would get this big of a response, considering my other WIPs just got completely ignored. lol

Well, I suppose it's back to work. ;D