WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yup, he looks creepy as [censored] without eyelashes.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


In all honesty... these WiiU models would look loads better if you used assets from Brawl, like Marth's face, gloves, armor, etc. It would help with optimization and the textures wouldnt look as out of place.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on June 21, 2015, 08:35:01 PM
In all honesty... these WiiU models would look loads better if you used assets from Brawl, like Marth's face, gloves, armor, etc. It would help with optimization and the textures wouldnt look as out of place.

Normally I'd agree with this (Wii U Yoshi with Brawl egg, for one), but some just don't seem to fit. I can't picture Brawl Marth's face on the Wii U body. Some models are just meant to stay the way they are, like SLNG's Wii U Bowser.

June 21, 2015, 10:31:02 PM #19053 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:57:41 PM by iwantgames
u can always vertex and then re-UV to use smash u textures

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 21, 2015, 09:03:44 PM
Normally I'd agree with this (Wii U Yoshi with Brawl egg, for one), but some just don't seem to fit. I can't picture Brawl Marth's face on the Wii U body. Some models are just meant to stay the way they are, like SLNG's Wii U Bowser.

The difference are so minimal that they can be edited no problrm.

My biggest issue is trying to emulate the Wii U look as much as possible without categorizing it as a complete texture hack at the same time. Bowser lacks detail to to file size limitations and I tried Nano's method for Link a little while back. The results were pretty good. I may have to do that for Marth's face, sword, shealth and eyes if anything.


Quote from: Nαnobuds on June 21, 2015, 11:31:06 PM
The difference are so minimal that they can be edited no problrm.
True, though some characters require less editing than others like Mario & Luigi for example, they barely require any vertex editing whereas characters like Bowser have a whole new model for Smash 4.
Some people though like to have better accuracy and thus stick with using the whole model...like me for example, never liked reusing the Brawl hands unless the new model's were too high poly. If the new model's hands are of Brawl quality then I just import them so I get perfect texture mapping (unless remapping is required to combine textures, then it might be slightly off)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Kumatora's back after the original file corrupted and I lost a lot of work, including the whole torso.
I made a head but it looks kinda weird atm.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Mansta8 on June 23, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
Kumatora's back after the original file corrupted and I lost a lot of work, including the whole torso.
I made a head but it looks kinda weird atm.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think she still looks good.
ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶫᵘᶜᵃˢ ʰᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵒ
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Mansta8 on June 23, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
Kumatora's back after the original file corrupted and I lost a lot of work, including the whole torso.
I made a head but it looks kinda weird atm.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry about that, I hate when stuff like that happens to me too. What? You've been working on this texture in photoshop for hours and everything has been fine... I think I'll crash for no apparent reason now! It's still looking really good though. Also, are you rigging it over Lucas, Ness, or someone else?

She will be rigged to Lucas with a size mod.

Custom trophies for Dark Bowser & Giga Dark Bowser.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

^ Dude. You go 3 extra miles and above & beyond expectations. Talk about dedication right there. You cannot hide. I still await Sm4sh Luigi and Mario. I'll be watching you...





Comparison

All Smash U objects

Faces: 24,067 + 88 = 24,155 (if belt strap was there)







Smash U and Brawl hybrid

Faces: 14,811




W.I.P textures.


Ignore the light sources. Picture 1 already had a spec map and highlights.


Since Marth uses VIS0, you can use the Smash Wii U faces (as long as the poly count with only one face doesn't hit the limit), as with VIS0, the other faces aren't rendered until they're called with their respective VIS0 bone.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 24, 2015, 12:32:43 AM #19064 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:13:27 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on June 23, 2015, 11:49:00 PM
^ Dude. You go 3 extra miles and above & beyond expectations. Talk about dedication right there.
Being a perfectionist has its perks, but sometimes it can be infuriating. lol Loving that Marth so far, I really should work on Wii U Mario. :/

Post Merge: June 24, 2015, 07:13:25 PM

Friendly reminder that I am still working on this guy,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.