WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 12:51:57 AM
Inb4 Edits LAWL

My stuff never gets the recognition it deserves, if only it was 2011-12.
if its about brawl hacks, dont worry, most of the hacks that deserves recognition doesnt get it unless is made by any of the pmdt

Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on July 16, 2015, 01:43:48 AM
Maybe it doesn't deserve as much recognition as you think it does...

Same can easily be said to texture only hacks *cough* SSB3

lol I kept getting 503'd a min ago.

I'm pretty sure custom texture work done by professionals who know what they're doing would get more attention than someone who's just learning the basics (the age of animation swaps has passed). And you advertising yourself in multiple places doesn't help your cause. It just makes you look like an entitled child when you throw a fit after people call you out for it.

Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 12:51:57 AMMy stuff never gets the recognition it deserves
You aren't entitled to something just because you worked hard at it. It's just as bad as the children who can't take criticism.

My work doesn't get the recognition I think it should get, but you don't see me [censored]ing, complaining, and advertising. Get over yourself.

Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 12:51:57 AMf only it was 2011-12.
Standards were very low back in 2011/2012, as moveset editing was just barely becoming a thing, so of course your totally original OC with animation swaps would get some form of attention
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 02:02:36 AM
Same can easily be said to texture only hacks *cough* SSB3

lol I kept getting 503'd a min ago.

Possibly because we do models and textures at a quality that is very rare to find nowadays. They aren't just imports of Smash4, anyone can do that. We work with what we have and make it look damn good.

It's 2015. Anyone can do basic animation swaps and hitbox editing with brawlbox. If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

now for something related to the thread:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Current progress on a new model. Trashed Raven because I had no idea what I'm doing. Should be easy to guess who it is.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 16, 2015, 02:43:50 AM #19174 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:46:41 AM by Darkon360
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 16, 2015, 02:14:42 AM
I'm pretty sure custom texture work done by professionals who know what they're doing would get more attention than someone who's just learning the basics (the age of animation swaps has passed). And you advertising yourself in multiple places doesn't help your cause. It just makes you look like an entitled child when you throw a fit after people call you out for it.
You aren't entitled to something just because you worked hard at it. It's just as bad as the children who can't take criticism.

My work doesn't get the recognition I think it should get, but you don't see me [censored]ing, complaining, and advertising. Get over yourself.
Standards were very low back in 2011/2012, as moveset editing was just barely becoming a thing, so of course your totally original OC with animation swaps would get some form of attention

So basically, custom animations > mechanics and balance? is what matters? no wonder.
clearly I wasn't [censored]ing at the slightest. and what were you talking about "entitled child"?
my previous response wasn't meant to be taken very seriously, just stating facts and I'm not looking or asking for a resolve.

Quote from: Large Leader on July 16, 2015, 02:17:31 AM
If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

You know I don't mean JUST my PSA (keyword: stuff), also Give me less than 2 months...


Back on Topic (Reposted):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[censored]ing 503's.

I'm about to fix Fredrik's rig again. Shoulders and arms are damn awful.

Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 02:43:50 AM
So basically, custom animations > mechanics and balance? is what matters? no wonder.
clearly I wasn't [censored]ing at the slightest. and what were you talking about "entitled child"?
my previous response wasn't meant to be taken very seriously, just stating facts and I'm not looking or asking for a resolve.

Custom Animations =/= balancing + mechanics. He's saying that the whole package has to be good and polished, if I understood correctly. And yeah, advertising and lamenting that you get no attention / recognition makes you look a bit... bad. Hack because you like it, not because you want recognition.

July 16, 2015, 03:28:17 AM #19176 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:30:53 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Darkon360 on July 16, 2015, 12:51:57 AM
Inb4 Edits LAWL

My stuff never gets the recognition it deserves, if only it was 2011-12.

just do a dbz hack or a shadow da hedgehog and ur in business

also @ everyone else
can we drop the put downs already
point has been made, we dont want to discourage anyone too
if you know what i mean...

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on July 16, 2015, 03:28:17 AM
just do a dbz hack or a shadow da hedgehog and ur in business

also @ everyone else
can we drop the put downs already
point has been made, we dont want to discourage anyone too
if you know what i mean...
its this or making melee-related hacks

personally, I know I'll be ninja'd again but idc, I dont really feel like posting previews here anymore because the way the characters are uknown here is like speaking another language

After many attempts, I still cant fix the texture problem with my Mimicutie import. The textures still come out wrong in game at random times.

I did end up making a portrait for it though:



Quote from: Large Leader on July 16, 2015, 02:17:31 AM
Possibly because we do models and textures at a quality that is very rare to find nowadays. They aren't just imports of Smash4, anyone can do that. We work with what we have and make it look damn good.

It's 2015. Anyone can do basic animation swaps and hitbox editing with brawlbox. If you want to wow the community, then do something great. Or you can keep wishing that it's 2012 and whine about lack of recognition.

now for something related to the thread:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Current progress on a new model. Trashed Raven because I had no idea what I'm doing. Should be easy to guess who it is.

Not sure if you're downplaying importing Sm4sh models or not. Just like you said about Sma4sh model, anyone can add subtle rimlighting and make custom textures. The difference is the effort put into our work that makes the difference. It's tedious work to import, optimize, rig, do materials, and texture work to emulate Sm4sh characters respectfully. Heck, models in general are a pain to do. I probably give myself more work because I don't use the "Skin Wrap" method. I mean, I, personally, don't just do a quick rig for those models and call it a day with something that looks bland. Same can be said for Smash 3 stuff. Hard work was definately put in to make those customs textures, balancing file size with quality, renders, and making constant changes before release. I could have misunderstood your post though. If so, I apologize :kdance:.


gewd enuff or needs moar of a Modern touch? *cough* details.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on July 16, 2015, 02:55:59 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I honestly hate it when people just use the generated rig for fingers, it bugs greatly. I mean you put the hard work on everything but the fingers because they're not as noticeable? Lazy. Also yes about the smash 4 imports, the difference is quality and effort. Even though most of the time it took me to finish Mario was just not working on him at all, still put in tons f effort to recreate his textures perfectly due to normal maps not being supposed correctly in Brawl, not to mention the rig, even though most of Wii U Mario was basically a remapped Brawl Mario, still didn't use any parts of Mario except for the eyes because otherwise I wouldn't get perfect eye movement. Eyes are pretty much the only thing I'm perfectly fine with reusing from Brawl, hands I'm okay with if the original hands are too high poly. Anyways I would post a pic of a WIP I'm making except I don't have anything to post at the moment, busy fighting to import a ragdoll into Garry's mod, keeps breaking for no f-ing reason. Hate it when a model breaks or doesn't work ingame for no understandable reason.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

If you're creating any kind of art solely for recognition, you are doing it wrong.

This thread should be used for critique, preferably constructive (even though critique is very rare here), not inflating your ego.

There's actually a thread that I made for the sole purpose of critiquing, but knowing how KCMM is, it died pretty quickly.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73551.0
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]