WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Reference picture perhaps? Don't remember who she's supposed to be.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

This is Emmeryn.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

She's Chrom's older sister from Fire Emblem: Awakening. The Exalt of Ylisse.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 29, 2015, 03:10:02 AM #19383 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:41:50 AM by Unkown Kokiri
shovel knight fans
i am working on the forests of passage
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

@Rosseta Ah okay, thanks. At the moment I think her hair needs to be changed a little, look at the way the top of her head in the pic is, your hair is like just symmetrically coming out of her head, while in the picture (and assumingly in the game) one side is a little above the other, and covers her head slightly differently from what you have. The ponytails are also twisted a bit earlier than what you have.
@Dr. Brawl versions of MK8 Metal Mario Bros and NSMB2 Gold Mario & Silver Luigi? I likey but in some shots the metal shine looks off smoothness-wise. Is that the texture itself (looks like it was edited from the standard Brawl metal) or did the normals/smoothness get messed up...is this an import or just texture & material/shader edits?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 29, 2015, 03:30:23 AM
...in some shots the metal shine looks off smoothness-wise.

...is this an import or just texture & material/shader edits?

It's juste texture & shader edits
Could you be more specific as to where the shine looks "rough"?
I want to make this as good as I can :)

I see now that most of this is just the texture itself where it has a sharp change in brightness, but it still looks weird to me. Mario's eye though look like an actual lighting flaw though it might be unavoidable, I have seen some material/shader edits cause the smoothness between two objects to break (thinks about v2 of SM64 Peach that I put on hold because of that)
Now did you edit the metal texture, or are using two textures like how the Dark (Subspace) characters have a weird shine texture & a white glow texture?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

yeah the eyes are always a problem maybe I'll try to fix them if posible.

I'm using 2 textures, a greyscale and the shine. Texture gives definition and the shine.. well the shine. The FLUDD actually has 3 textures, so maaaaybe I'll add another one to mario and luigi and see how it looks

So I worked on the hair more.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I am really pleased with the outcome of her hair. I went ahead and started the crown/halo thingy.
I've already got Emm's arms and legs done. All that's left is her dress and her robes. Gotta think of a way to rig the robes and make them have physics.

Quote from: iwantgames on August 28, 2015, 10:08:44 PM
decided to re-attempt this guy since I lost him do to a computer crash(BSOD) last time


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

managed to get this 41k model within brawl's limit(18k), currently optimizing the head so that he's lagless. has expressions, FS eyes, and will come with the usual material stuff. recolors are classic, x-force(white), x-men, x-men alt, ultimate, underwear(fan service), no mask, the punisher, and green lantern.

just wish the latest ver. of the psa wasn't broken. :(


I was just about to pick up your work. I just finished T-posing him months ago but, I see you did a better job than me. Plus the optimizing.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on August 29, 2015, 07:11:30 PM
So I worked on the hair more.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I am really pleased with the outcome of her hair. I went ahead and started the crown/halo thingy.
I've already got Emm's arms and legs done. All that's left is her dress and her robes. Gotta think of a way to rig the robes and make them have physics.
Who is she over? If she's over someone with cape bones like say Marth then you wouldn't have to worry about robe physics....at least I believe Marth has cape physics, haven't looked at Marth in quite sometime, and I think Mariodk was looking at him to try and add cape physics to SMBZ Mario.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Most likely Zelda. But I may put her on someone else for her robes. I think I may have figured out a way for her robes to have physics though. I'll just have to try it out and see.

Still not sure over who


... Pikachu

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Umaru for Pikachu?
Yeah, that's extremely fitting, haha.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!