WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

I know, Jiro. XD I was being a little poetic. XD

Modeling the hands right now, and will post a new WIP pic after I've done that and his shoes.


update on Cell rigging:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's actually Facepoint count that matters, not the Poly count. Though unfortunately, you can only check the Facepoint count after importing into BrawlBox.

The absolute maximum Facepoint count is about 17k Facepoints, and even then, there's a chance there may be slight lag.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Update time.

Did the gloves (including spiked knuckles) and the shoes. All I gotta do now is model the head and the skulls at the tip of his shoes, and then I can start to UV. When the time comes, I'll UV a single hand then once applied, I copy and flip the hand.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 14, 2016, 12:28:49 AM
It's actually Facepoint count that matters, not the Poly count. Though unfortunately, you can only check the Facepoint count after importing into BrawlBox.

The absolute maximum Facepoint count is about 17k Facepoints, and even then, there's a chance there may be slight lag.
hmm....Okay, I shall see what I can do. Thanks KJP

Also, did an arm:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 14, 2016, 12:36:19 AM
Update time.

Did the gloves (including spiked knuckles) and the shoes. All I gotta do now is model the head and the skulls at the tip of his shoes, and then I can start to UV. When the time comes, I'll UV a single hand then once applied, I copy and flip the hand.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

over DK, Bowser or Ganon?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

http://imgur.com/a/yj2rX
Inb4 perfect emo sonic.
Just gotta remove some little vertices that stick out and i'll be done~
retired

the first shadow of the year

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on January 14, 2016, 01:09:37 AM
over DK, Bowser or Ganon?

Well, I'm not sure yet. Depends what kind of poly count and file size I end up with.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on January 14, 2016, 01:38:02 AM
the first shadow of the year
ayy lmao thx brotha
And tabuu, maybe it should be over DK. I mean, looks like he doesn't breathe out fire...right? And if it was over ganon.. It would look weird as hell imo.

retired

I was thinking Wario himself, depending on how he ends up. But then there's his mouth.

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on January 14, 2016, 12:09:11 AM
update on Cell rigging:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 14, 2016, 12:28:49 AM
It's actually Facepoint count that matters, not the Poly count. Though unfortunately, you can only check the Facepoint count after importing into BrawlBox.

The absolute maximum Facepoint count is about 17k Facepoints, and even then, there's a chance there may be slight lag.

While facepoint count is indeed important, remember that node count is also important. Node count isn't usually an issue unless you use skinwrap, so you don't really need to worry about it.

Do keep in mind that you should keep your model as optimized as necessary (low poly enough so that facepoints aren't an issue, but high poly enough that you can rig the model properly).

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 14, 2016, 01:47:55 AM
file size.

I should make a thread about this.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on January 14, 2016, 02:21:32 AM
While facepoint count is indeed important, remember that node count is also important. Node count isn't usually an issue unless you use skinwrap, so you don't really need to worry about it.

Do keep in mind that you should keep your model as optimized as necessary (low poly enough so that facepoints aren't an issue, but high poly enough that you can rig the model properly).

I should make a thread about this.
You should make a thread on file size. Would highly recommend it.
retired

January 14, 2016, 03:54:33 AM #19574 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:02:27 AM by Mareeo 64
That definitely would come in handy.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot to do the mouth and teeth. Any tips/things to consider while doing so?

So here's the final rig: