WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 28, 2016, 01:51:50 PM #19605 Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:48:23 PM by Mareeo 64
Quote from: Large Leader on January 28, 2016, 06:07:24 AM
If he's freezing on the CSS then it's a problem with file size. Make sure texture dimensions aren't 2048x2048 or something ridiculous. Also, compressing to CMPR might help, but you'll lose details (and I believe alpha transparencies too, although I'm not sure about that).
Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on January 28, 2016, 05:43:26 AM


File size, texture size, materials, or even shaders. Judging by when it froze it may just be the file size. Compare it to the original character's .pac and/or .pcs
Ok, so i lost some texture size/detail and got the pac and pcs filesize under Captain's original size. Now i shall test it once more

Post Merge: January 28, 2016, 03:16:23 PM

aaaaaaaaand failure
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


EDIT: Ok, so i just read through one of Pikazz's tutorials on how to fix this, so it shouldn't be a problem afterwards.

January 29, 2016, 04:30:14 AM #19606 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:32:18 AM by Sir Kirby the 4th
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on January 28, 2016, 01:51:50 PM
aaaaaaaaand failure
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

His face makes him look like he got hit in the :dk:.

So it's been like a few months or so since I last posted any pics of anything I'm working on, so here's a preview of an update that I'm working on. I will be releasing a video teaser for this later today (past 3 am for me):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also I wasn't lazy this time around:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So what do you guys think? :af2:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

I like the N64 FLUDD! The textures on it look a bit too smooth, though. Maybe try sharpening the edges and reducing the number of colors used for the texture? That could help give it that authentic N64 look.


Also, I never noticed before that Mario really does have a blocky right leg in Super Mario 64. Now I can't unsee it...
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Peardian on January 30, 2016, 04:37:52 AM
The textures on it look a bit too smooth, though. Maybe try sharpening the edges and reducing the number of colors used for the texture? That could help give it that authentic N64 look.
Well the colors wasn't really limited in SM64, it's really just the quality of the textures, which isn't bad either. I guess I could try to make it less blurred but I didn't want to use Un-Edited Sunshine textures which are in kind of bad quality:

I'll see what I can do.
Video previews are fine right? Didn't see anything against it or about it on the Original Post, but I'm going to have the link in a spoiler just in case:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 31, 2016, 01:05:36 AM
Well the colors wasn't really limited in SM64, it's really just the quality of the textures, which isn't bad either. I guess I could try to make it less blurred but I didn't want to use Un-Edited Sunshine textures which are in kind of bad quality:

I'll see what I can do.
Ah, I see. I forgot how horribly compressed the textures were. In that case, maybe increasing the contrast on the metal parts will help. Chain Chomp and Pokey come to mind as good examples of the level of contrast used by SM64.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Peardian on January 31, 2016, 03:43:47 AM
Ah, I see. I forgot how horribly compressed the textures were. In that case, maybe increasing the contrast on the metal parts will help. Chain Chomp and Pokey come to mind as good examples of the level of contrast used by SM64.
Thanks, I'll look at them and other textures for reference, should've done that in the beginning to be honest. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

February 01, 2016, 03:46:36 PM #19612 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:48:55 PM by Mareeo 64
Getting better!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Only problem now is that the lighting is on the wrong side of Cell (he's brighter on the side you can't see), and that i don't remember how to add shine in brawlbox (and Nano's tutorial videos have been removed)

What version of BrawlBox are you using to import him? Have you edited the shaders and materials at all?
He looks great so far. :)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

February 01, 2016, 10:25:48 PM #19614 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:28:09 PM by DastardlyRidleylash
Currently working on making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M; me and Ridley have finished importing rigging the model, but now I need to decide who he'll go over, if anybody (since BEX is compatible with PM now).

Here's the CSS render I have;


And I even have a preliminary Kirby hat set for the mod (though I still need to figure out how to make that sort of thing work, because this is my first time making a mod from scratch);


The hat's not rigged at all in that image, though; it's basically just Tyrantrum's model with most everything left invisible but the parts I wanted to use on Kirby and stretched around to look like a concise hat. All of the cosmetics are done, though.

I can't use Pit or Tink as bases, since those are used by Ridley's K.Rool and Ridley mods. I'm thinking about maybe using Yoshi as a base, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to place Tyrantrum over?

Post Merge: February 01, 2016, 10:26:20 PM

Currently working on making a Tyrantrum mod for Project M; me and Ridley have finished importing rigging the model, but now I need to decide who he'll go over, if anybody (since BEX is compatible with PM now).

Here's the CSS render I have;
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And I even have a preliminary Kirby hat set for the mod (though I still need to figure out how to make that sort of thing work, because this is my first time making a mod from scratch);
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The hat's not rigged at all in that image, though; it's basically just Tyrantrum's model with most everything left invisible but the parts I wanted to use on Kirby and stretched around to look like a concise hat. All of the cosmetics are done, though.

I can't use Pit or Tink as bases, since those are used by Ridley's K.Rool and Ridley mods. I'm thinking about maybe using Yoshi as a base, but I'm not entirely sure. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to place Tyrantrum over?

EDIT: Doh, didn't mean to DP. :p That's my bad.
Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on February 01, 2016, 09:33:39 PM
What version of BrawlBox are you using to import him? Have you edited the shaders and materials at all?
He looks great so far. :)
The latest version. 0.71 I think. I've only changed hastexturematrix0 to true on the shader that was already there after I imported Cell. I haven't imported any other materials or shaders yet since I don't know how to add effects like shine or cell shading.
And thanks!

Post Merge: February 01, 2016, 10:50:44 PM

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on February 01, 2016, 09:33:39 PM
What version of BrawlBox are you using to import him? Have you edited the shaders and materials at all?
He looks great so far. :)
The latest version. 0.71 I think. I've only changed hastexturematrix0 to true on the shader that was already there after I imported Cell. I haven't imported any other materials or shaders yet since I don't know how to add effects like shine or cell shading.
And thanks!

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 01, 2016, 10:49:59 PM
The latest version. 0.71 I think. I've only changed hastexturematrix0 to true on the shader that was already there after I imported Cell. I haven't imported any other materials or shaders yet since I don't know how to add effects like shine or cell shading.
And thanks!
It's not the latest anymore, try 0.76b
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Gamidame_K on February 02, 2016, 04:34:06 AM
I will rise again!

No you won't, get outta here
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es