WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Might I suggest making a new mesh around the geometry you want to import? You could probably control vert, polys, and whatnot to a better degree.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, I don't think I have the patience nor ability to recreate this guy's mesh. XP Not to mention the whole damn thing would have to be UV'd all over to fit the textures.

Well, got the FP count to 18991, including using the tristripper. The previous one I did loaded just fine with a higher one. This one looks better cuz of textures, but will be able to have a far better rigged jiggle on his belly (I ProOptimized the upper body the least of all the objects to keep the quality, had to move some verts around though to make rigging easier on myself) and pecs and a rigged mouth. The horn got the [censored] optimized out of it though.

18991 is still too high, even if node count was kept to bare minimum.

UVing isn't that terribly hard. Render to texture would make it really easy.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well I have no stinkin' idea what else to do to reduce that facepoint count aside from reducing the poly count to the point of destroying the mesh.

He doesn't even have any bones yet and his node count is at 15.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 19, 2016, 05:09:47 PM
Well I have no stinkin' idea what else to do to reduce that facepoint count aside from reducing the poly count to the point of destroying the mesh.

He doesn't even have any bones yet and his node count is at 15.

When importing via new bbox it assigns bones to the object and single binds them.

But yeah, just box model around the mesh. It's what I did for most of Lyn.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hmmmmm... I just checked Vanilla Ike's model in BB.

His Facepoint count is around the same as Lord Fredrik's. I might reduce poly count a little more depending on what his bones add.

There's got to be another way to reduce the face points without destroying the model in terms of overall shape. Only 8,000  verts, yet over 20,000 facepoints :/

sometimes models just cant work out for brawl in terms of poly count and looking at least decent

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Got him in.

Turns out the only, one issue I got was due to a ExtGFX command in the PSA file, but nothing with the model itself. Caused him to crash. Otherwise the only lag I got was on the Wii U Boxing Ring model, and even that was minimal.


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 19, 2016, 07:15:00 PM
Hmmmmm... I just checked Vanilla Ike's model in BB.

His Facepoint count is around the same as Lord Fredrik's. I might reduce poly count a little more depending on what his bones add.

That's because Ike has VIS0 faces. Vis0 faces aren't counted if they aren't visible.

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 19, 2016, 11:40:43 PM
There's got to be another way to reduce the face points without destroying the model in terms of overall shape. Only 8,000  verts, yet over 20,000 facepoints :/

RIP.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 20, 2016, 12:33:22 AM
Got him in.

Turns out the only, one issue I got was due to a ExtGFX command in the PSA file, but nothing with the model itself. Caused him to crash. Otherwise the only lag I got was on the Wii U Boxing Ring model, and even that was minimal.

I personally strive to make characters be lagless as possible if I am able to. I'd really suggest box modelling around it and look into render to texturing.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorta because they're not rendered, right?

I use 2 subobjects that have "pseudo" VIS0: actual visibility on his neck horn, and I zero out the big one when unused (wish there was a way to add VIS to it)


Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 19, 2016, 11:40:43 PM
There's got to be another way to reduce the face points without destroying the model in terms of overall shape. Only 8,000  verts, yet over 20,000 facepoints :/

Facepoint count will usually "reset" if you export it as a .obj, and then re-import it. You will have to re-rig though.

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 20, 2016, 03:21:45 PM
Facepoint count will usually "reset" if you export it as a .obj, and then re-import it. You will have to re-rig though.
well then it's a good thing I haven't rigged my 2nd attempt yet then :P

AW crud, that filthy ape is back to get me!! and he's huge. D:

Rig is done, and I added shines.