WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 23, 2016, 08:26:07 PM #19845 Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:33:27 PM by BraveDragonWolf
Quote from: Nanobuds on March 23, 2016, 02:29:48 PM
But the fingers....


I said "Rig is finished" yes...But it's still a work in progress.

Post Merge: March 23, 2016, 08:33:26 PM

Quote from: DastardlyRidleylash on March 23, 2016, 01:33:48 AM
If you want, I could always try and see if the PM Ridley team could manage to salvage the project.

The way I rigged this model is perfect. I don't know if they will have to start from scratch on rigging and they might rig it carelessly...OR, I could give them my 3DS max scene because, once this model has been imported to brawlbox, it cannot be exported and imported back into 3DS Max, because I'd have already placed the finger and hand bones in the correct spots, once imported into 3DS, you may see some issues with his fingers. They'll need my 3DS scene where the bones are untouched.

And also, I'll be trying to get 3DS Max 2013 back, I think I'm on a good path to get ridley into Smash.

You say perfect, but the fingers and toes look odd to me.


how can the rig be finishied and a WIP at the same time?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 24, 2016, 12:43:11 AM
how can the rig be finishied and a WIP at the same time?
schrodinger's ridley
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 24, 2016, 03:14:58 AM #19849 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:04:39 PM by BraveDragonWolf
Clearly I said rig is finished. But still, there are things to be done with the custom animation file, people.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 05:04:39 PM

I'm just gonna say this, since Project M Ridley has that range, but his tail is shorter than sm4sh Ridley's tail. Now Sm4sh Ridley has a longer tail and it matches Project M Ridley's side smash range.
This Ridley's tail bone translations isn't animated....(yet) So I think it's 100% fair that his tail doesn't need anymore shrinking for his tail attacks.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



But, his wait animation or maybe some other ones as well, may need some fixing because of his long tail. It doesn't look right the way I needed to shrink anyway.
Also, I'm gonna figure out the size his wings may need...

Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on March 24, 2016, 03:14:58 AM
Clearly I said rig is finished. But still, there are things to be done with the custom animation file, people.

Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 05:04:39 PM

I'm just gonna say this, since Project M Ridley has that range, but his tail is shorter than sm4sh Ridley's tail. Now Sm4sh Ridley has a longer tail and it matches Project M Ridley's side smash range.
This Ridley's tail bone translations isn't animated....(yet) So I think it's 100% fair that his tail doesn't need anymore shrinking for his tail attacks.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



But, his wait animation or maybe some other ones as well, may need some fixing because of his long tail. It doesn't look right the way I needed to shrink anyway.
Also, I'm gonna figure out the size his wings may need...

I'm confused, is this rigged over the Bagan Ridley model? Or does it use the original bones?

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 24, 2016, 06:34:58 PM
I'm confused, is this rigged over the Bagan Ridley model? Or does it use the original bones?

I think he said that it's using the original bones, but I'm not sure if that's happening anymore.

I'd suggested using the mod's bones simply for compatiblity, but it's his mod, so I'm just making suggestions. :p
Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

March 24, 2016, 10:57:05 PM #19852 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:50:27 AM by StupidMarioFan1
I agree with using the PM Ridley bones, especially for ease of swapping out the models like DastardlyRidleylash said.
Also I can sympathize with how people were overlooking the part where you said you had to edit the animations and might've gotten a little annoyed. I can sympathize almost too much to be honest. :>.>palm:

Post Merge: March 25, 2016, 12:50:26 AM

I have discovered the next step for model imports:
Vertex Coloring!!!!!
(Please ignore the mess of the model, was testing to see if it truly worked ingame)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: DastardlyRidleylash on March 24, 2016, 09:55:52 PM
I think he said that it's using the original bones, but I'm not sure if that's happening anymore.

I'd suggested using the mod's bones simply for compatiblity, but it's his mod, so I'm just making suggestions. :p

It's gonna be using PM Ridley's bones.

Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on March 25, 2016, 02:25:00 AM
It's gonna be using PM Ridley's bones.
Sweet; looks like we won't need to edit anything after all, then. And since we're on the topic...how are you going to handle cosmetics like CSP's and BP's?

Are you going to pose it like the unused icon in the game's data?


Or are you going to use the trophy pose?


Or are you making an entirely original render for the CSP's, BP's and whatnot?
Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 24, 2016, 10:57:05 PM
-snippers-

Well, that's informative. I knew it was possible, but never really had a reason to attempt. Now I know the proper procedure. Thanks.


March 25, 2016, 06:46:07 PM #19856 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:47:06 PM by BraveDragonWolf
Quote from: DastardlyRidleylash on March 25, 2016, 02:46:06 AM
Sweet; looks like we won't need to edit anything after all, then. And since we're on the topic...how are you going to handle cosmetics like CSP's and BP's?

Are you going to pose it like the unused icon in the game's data?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Or are you going to use the trophy pose?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Or are you making an entirely original render for the CSP's, BP's and whatnot?

Well, I was wondering if the PM Ridley team could edit a few animations for Sm4sh Ridley's long tail. I already got the wing size figured out.
I'm already working on recolors for the model...The CSP's...I can recolor the trophy image, I've made a render with PM Ridley in the trophy pose for my VBrawl compatibility hack. I'd rather use the actual image...I've been through worse in my past portrait recoloring experiences. I can handle it.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 24, 2016, 10:57:05 PM
I agree with using the PM Ridley bones, especially for ease of swapping out the models like DastardlyRidleylash said.
Also I can sympathize with how people were overlooking the part where you said you had to edit the animations and might've gotten a little annoyed. I can sympathize almost too much to be honest. :>.>palm:

Post Merge: March 25, 2016, 12:50:26 AM

I have discovered the next step for model imports:
Vertex Coloring!!!!!
(Please ignore the mess of the model, was testing to see if it truly worked ingame)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You can also paint Vertex Alpha to make something transparent. I did it for my WiiU Mega Charizard

Really? How useful is that because wouldn't that be only effective on high quality models or am I just not thinking of how that would be useful. Still that's awesome.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 26, 2016, 03:32:07 AM
Really? How useful is that because wouldn't that be only effective on high quality models or am I just not thinking of how that would be useful. Still that's awesome.
Yeah it would only be good on higher poly models, but you can use a soft brush to make a gradual fade from opaque to transparent.