WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Very close to being done!  Should be out today!


Quote from: jokekid on July 20, 2012, 11:50:12 AM
>.>

<.<

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


upper body finished...
i want it to look like this when finished completely:
[huge pic alert]
[spoiler]

i'll have to make some nice horns too, cuz these are still the N64 ones xD
after that, i'll start browing brawl files to find the clothes he needs...

looking great! who is he going to be over?


most credit to KTH i only revamped his rig:
Stuff like to do:
animted eyes/a good shader so he looks like he is in melee/small fixes on the rig but not many

@pikazz now we can have melee mario vs. melee bowser xD
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 20, 2012, 04:26:31 PM
This would not work at all, look at Ridley and Charizard's proportions. If Ridley were to be on Charizard, his proportions would be totally off and would not look that good. Precisely why half of my team tried importing him on Charizard and failed.
Half of the team tried? I still haven't, sounds like a challenge 8)

About that hair Randomizer, you said you are rigging it? So the hair is gonna move? or just follow the head? cause if it moves, that'll be awesome. And what is that rope looking thing? My advice is that you edit those to be in a more natural position  (the rope thingies and that thing on her wrist). They will obviusly not have their own bone so If they stay in that position it would look weird. Try vertexing them to point in the direction of  her hand. That way when she is standing up (arms down) those things will seem to naturally fall. Or you could delete those, just remember to uncheck "Always deform" before deleting anything.

Quote from: Iwvi on July 20, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
Half of the team tried? I still haven't, sounds like a challenge 8)

Myself, Nano and GBC all tried, so why not have another try.
I will warn you though you will have to due a bit of editing to Ridely's model for him to fit Charizard.
As Ridley's all around structure is more like that of a human then Charizard's lard ass dragon stature, it will take a great deal of editing.

Quote from: Iwvi on July 20, 2012, 07:02:57 PM

About that hair Randomizer, you said you are rigging it? So the hair is gonna move? or just follow the head? cause if it moves, that'll be awesome. And what is that rope looking thing? My advice is that you edit those to be in a more natural position  (the rope thingies and that thing on her wrist). They will obviusly not have their own bone so If they stay in that position it would look weird. Try vertexing them to point in the direction of  her hand. That way when she is standing up (arms down) those things will seem to naturally fall. Or you could delete those, just remember to uncheck "Always deform" before deleting anything.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to animate the hair (waving, moving, etc), for now, it will merely follow the head.  Sorry that my Shiva over Peach rig is disappointing :(   I've spend two and a half days rigging the vertices on all sixteen hair tendrils, heck, the very fact I managed to do that (despite only having two months' experience) is a miracle in and of itself.  Here, check it out and let me know what you think:




Have you tried rigging Shiva's hair to Peach's hair bones?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 20, 2012, 07:34:16 PM
Have you tried rigging Shiva's hair to Peach's hair bones?
Just what I was gonna say.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Mariodk on July 20, 2012, 06:42:19 PM

most credit to KTH i only revamped his rig:
Stuff like to do:
animted eyes/a good shader so he looks like he is in melee/small fixes on the rig but not many

@pikazz now we can have melee mario vs. melee bowser xD
Sweet, where did the capless hair polygon come from? Or did KTH make that himself? Still looks pretty good, I wonder how long it'll be before all of the Melee charaters are back.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 20, 2012, 07:34:16 PM
Have you tried rigging Shiva's hair to Peach's hair bones?

I personally don't want to risk undoing all I've done to alter the hair vertices.  Do you guys really want me to rig it to the hair bones?

Quote from: Iwvi on July 20, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
Half of the team tried? I still haven't, sounds like a challenge 8)

About that hair Randomizer, you said you are rigging it? So the hair is gonna move? or just follow the head? cause if it moves, that'll be awesome. And what is that rope looking thing? My advice is that you edit those to be in a more natural position  (the rope thingies and that thing on her wrist). They will obviusly not have their own bone so If they stay in that position it would look weird. Try vertexing them to point in the direction of  her hand. That way when she is standing up (arms down) those things will seem to naturally fall. Or you could delete those, just remember to uncheck "Always deform" before deleting anything.

I call nexties, if you don't accomplish it that is.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 20, 2012, 07:42:50 PMI personally don't want to risk undoing all I've done to alter the hair vertices.  Do you guys really want me to rig it to the hair bones?
Well it's the only way to make her hair move.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

July 20, 2012, 07:46:32 PM #3327 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:47:54 PM by the_randomizer
Ugh. I'm the one who started the rig, and I'll be damned if someone tries to deprive me of that.  I'm finishing this come hell or high water.

I'll rig it to the bones and see what happens.  Will test in Brawl.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 20, 2012, 07:39:48 PM
Sweet, where did the capless hair polygon come from? Or did KTH make that himself? Still looks pretty good, I wonder how long it'll be before all of the Melee charaters are back.
KTH did not made it that hair
i just vertex the brawl one to melee mario and UV edited it alittle to not use a 512x512 texture just for hair

i am also alittle thinking on making melee luigi but thats a maybe and will think more about it after my WIP movesets is done
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I know, admit it, I suck at rigging.