WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

looks cool, pestering a bit more i'd say there is a slight clipping between the hat and the plate, but thats a simple fix ^^

also
Quote from: jokekid on August 01, 2012, 05:38:53 PM
btw, is that done in 3ds max? i really need to learn how to use blueprints...

Quote from: DemonBoy on August 01, 2012, 09:58:22 PM
how is this?

Looking at the dimensions...good enough.
The brim of the hat looks low vertice-count. Also, maybe extrude the brim a bit to give it depth. It just looks like a flat plane and needs more vertices to round the front.
Just some suggestions.

August 01, 2012, 10:08:36 PM #3677 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:09:53 PM by DemonBoy
Quote from: jokekid on August 01, 2012, 10:01:06 PM
looks cool, pestering a bit more i'd say there is a slight clipping between the hat and the plate, but thats a simple fix ^^


i'll get to that

Quote from: jokekid on August 01, 2012, 05:38:53 PM
btw, is that done in 3ds max? i really need to learn how to use blueprints...

Yep. it's pretty simple, just get a front and side view of a character, put them on 2 planes like the ones I have intersecting in the background, and just start molding the mesh so that it fits the images.

Quote from: SmashClash on August 01, 2012, 10:01:27 PM
Looking at the dimensions...good enough.
The brim of the hat looks low vertice-count. Also, maybe extrude the brim a bit to give it depth. It just looks like a flat plane and needs more vertices to round the front.
Just some suggestions.

thanks. I think I might end up redoing the hat.

maybe after this i'll make Curly Brace

Quote from: DemonBoy on August 01, 2012, 10:08:36 PM
Yep. it's pretty simple, just get a front and side view of a character, put them on 2 planes like the ones I have intersecting in the background, and just start molding the mesh so that it fits the images.
but, this way it wont load in the side/front views in wireframe mode...

Quote from: jokekid on August 01, 2012, 10:34:52 PM
but, this way it wont load in the side/front views in wireframe mode...
If you need a wireframe the you can turn the model transparent using ALT+X and turn on edged faces. It's what I have been doing.



Alright the hat should look better now


Quote from: jokekid on August 01, 2012, 10:34:52 PM
but, this way it wont load in the side/front views in wireframe mode...
Set background images for those viewports. Just go to that viewport and alt-b (i think it was the shortcut). Then It'll let you choose an image to have as background for those viewports. Lock Pan and zoom so the background image remain in position. It would be better not to have white background since white wiregrames are the default when selected.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I see a difference :D
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

August 02, 2012, 03:02:06 AM #3683 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:09:39 AM by the_randomizer
Loving all these awesome WIPs here!  ;D

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 02, 2012, 03:02:06 AM
I think for my next import, I'll do King K. Rool over Dedede, just as an improvement over the only other one that was released a long time ago.  Will post pictures as soon I as start rigging it.
Yo randomizer

This thread is to show previews of current projects... not to talk about future projects or ask for help.

It doesnt really bother me, but some picky others may find it annoying. I just dont want you to get in any trouble.

If you really want to continue this importing stuff, make a thread about it. You can talk about your stuff and ask questions all you want in there.

Quote from: Nanobuds on August 02, 2012, 03:05:57 AM
Yo randomizer

This thread is to show previews of current projects... not to talk about future projects or ask for help.

It doesnt really bother me, but some picky others may find it annoying. I just dont want you to get in any trouble.

If you really want to continue this importing stuff, make a thread about it. You can talk about your stuff and ask questions all you want in there.

I probably should make one. By making a thread, you mean a page dedicated entirely to any future project(s) I'm working on or plan on working on....that sort of thing?


Quote from: Nanobuds on August 02, 2012, 03:15:36 AM
Yeah, like I do.

heres mine:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=35392.0

An excellent idea, now to find a way to update the thread title every time I have a new WIP.

Just modify the first post

Quote from: Nanobuds on August 02, 2012, 03:41:06 AM
Just modify the first post

Sounds good to me. I'll create a thread that lists my previous and current/future projects.