Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Right... people are having different issues that aren't matching up...

1: The up-smash and Up-B have sweet spots. If you hit this, if will make a Ping noise and for Ryu it gives off the Aura effect. Ken gives off fire.

2: I don't know what "Falling Strangely" means...

3: The sliding with the FS will be fixed soon. I just found how to fix that earlier.

4: Ken will get a different Up-B then Ryu in v2 and Ryu wont have so much air control for his.

5: If one of you don't mind, could you instead make a Ryu vs Ken video in a stamina match (Smash ball on low, no items) on a flat walk off stage? Perhaps with a street fighter theme playing in the background. That would be the best option and it would be hilarious if at the end the announcer could say "KAAAAY OOOOOOOOOH" lol :af2:

And remember guys... if you port it and release it, I'd like to be credited and the people I collabed with credited as well. :D
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: jokekid on July 23, 2012, 12:26:27 AM
ur capture device (whatever ur using) is drunk...

i know :srs:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 23, 2012, 01:55:50 AM #812 Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:01:26 AM by mr.mugenwii
-on a side note

I think Ryu needs to have his head tilted up and facing the opponent when he is charging and throwing the haduken
like this




Also the final smash should go a little slower...

hey, Kagemaru is it possible to give ken an air throw. If so, why dont you give ken the throw he used in
marvel vs capcom 2
Life is good! Life is good! Life is good, no matter
what, Life is good!

my usual final smash tips:

-if it's short, make some parts go slow-motion, i believe there's a command for that in PSA... (not the frame rate modifier, but a general speed one)
-it's a FS, make it more spectacular, make some big gfx when a hit connects (mustnt be too big, or it'll look weird...)
-this kind of FS are better seen if you use some zoom effect when it works

-this is more for a major update and change:
use CFs FS data, you can make a fully customized cut-scene editting CF's FS animations, and keeping the mechanics as it is (getting ridof the car of course... xD)

Quote from: twinztd on July 23, 2012, 02:35:15 AM
hey, Kagemaru is it possible to give ken an air throw. If so, why dont you give ken the throw he used in
marvel vs capcom 2

Technically since it's over Falcon it is, but he shouldn't because an air throw isn't a defining thing about Ken, especially since he doesn't even have it in every game.  He only has it in games where it's a universal mechanic.  Ken's never been a throw based character.

Jokekid: I tried the Slow motion thing and the Zoom thing. But I couldn't get it to work right in time for the release date. It'll be fixed in the updated version.

GFX is my weakness. I have trouble thinking of what good gfx to use where and when. But I'll work on it.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

July 23, 2012, 08:55:05 PM #817 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:59:27 AM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: Kagemaru on July 22, 2012, 05:42:51 PM
I didn't feel like doing the stuff I had to do for the IST release of Ryu and Ken... Since I had to make a picture and edit it in photoshop and upload it... Didn't feel like doing all that last night. But I decided to get it overwith.

So... Feedback... I wanna hear it. They were released, lemme know what you think so when I get around to v2 both Ryu and Ken will be way better.

They will also have EX moves in v2.

I didn't try Ken yet but i can tell you what i think should be improved for Ryu's V.2. Also i will add thing and maybe made a few change to the original movelist i made for the V.2. I let you know when the change will be made and i would highly appriciate you to look at it from time to time. So anyway, here my feedback to how i think should be done to improved Ryu and my personal thoughts. Since It might be  long i put it in "Spoiler", still i hope you to read the whole thing. Btw, i'm aware it's a BETA :  

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is my honnest thoughts, and i hope you will really take these in consideration when you'll make V.2. This is a  contructive critique/feedback, i hope you won't take any of this as an insult. I'm sorry if i'm picky it just that i'm a big fan and like SDo0m says (ithink it was him) with an iconic character like him, the moves must be really well done otherwise it won't feel like Ryu. Tell me what you think and thank you once again for making this
お前はもう死んでいる。

Are you going to release recolors for ryu anytime soon?

there arre recolors already..download GBC'S ryu model it comes with all of the recolors
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

hey kagemaru, sorry for such vague description. xD

I mean strange by he falls waaay tooo horitzontally. xD

and also i noticed when you do Ryu vs Ken matches, Ken has a blue hadouken. thats it.

Everything else is friggen awesome. ^_^ its beast. Ive been waiting for a Ryu psa for a while... ^^



kirby fan character

Credits to Snivy, mr.mugenwii, Anivernage, and myself. :D

SonicUnderground: Read it, will take it into consideration. Yes, the animations could be better. There are two reason why they aren't that great. 1: When I made 75% of these animations, that wasn't as good at animating as I am now. Granted, that wasn't too long ago, but apparently, I learn fast and have a natural talent for this. So I agree that the animations aren't my best. 2: Porting the animations from a Ike to CF. The model has different bone tranlations, and as such the animations look different. On the Ike model I think the hands in the Hadoken were together, on the CF model I don't think they are. Probably because CF has broader shoulders then Ike does. Ken's animations the ones I did recently, would be a better example of my animation skill. His Final Smash on the ground for example I think is amazing. As for Ryu, most of his moves were recycled since a lot of them are the same. He's got 3 Tatsumaki's 4 Shoryukens, and because of a slight mix up, the Neutral B air is both the ground and air animation.

So, in v2 I'll have those done better.

- The Side Smash: The problem is he moves during the start, and not the execution. Giving the illusion of a shorter ranged move then it is. I can just move a couple frames from the start to the attack and it will look more like he's taking a step towards the opponent.

- Up Smash: He does the second spin because when I made the animation, the way he hit the ground was strange looking. I'll look into it though.

- Neutral B: Thats not the gif you had... I had to go off of literally 1 frame of animation in the gifs provided to make that loop. But that one there is better so it can be done. Also, I prefer the Aura. It may look out of control, but the effect closer resembles that of the Hadoken aside from electricity.

- Side B: I'll make it look better. That was made with the Ike model. I know it can be better.

- Shin Shoryuken: Dragging the opponent up with the shoryuken would make the animation look strange. Since its a near instant kill, if I did it how you wanted, then they would be dragged up then suddenly go flying really fast. So I just made them go flying when the third hit connects. Which is basically what it does.

- Air attacks: Mario and Luigi have lingering hitboxes on their neutral air moves. I made Ryu's more of a striking type of attack. Instead of it just pecking at the opponent if it hits, it actually could send the opponent somewhere. Granted, its weak, but its better distance then what Mario and Luigi's do.

- And I lowered his jump height a bit. Basically to make his attributes differ from CF's. Made his Run speed slower... that kinda thing.

- Tilts: The Up-Tilt... Why would it raise the opponent upward? Its a leg drop. I'm gonna change it anyway never liked it... I'll probably find something to switch it with from MvC3. The side tilt is staying what it is but I could lower the knockback. It is what it is because the down punch you wanted is the Dash attack. Cause you didn't put that in the movelist. Down tilt... the trip rate works off percentages. I could give him the trip. I thought about it once, but then I couldn't stop calling it the Mortal Kombat trip. And I hate that game... So I went with a punch. Its not effective, but its something Ryu does.

- Grabs... Gonna switch the front grab for something similar to the one Ken does. They both do that one and I like it more then what I have.


All that stuff... + better gfx and animations will come for both Ryu and Ken in the v2.

Thanks for the feedback.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Ryu vs Goku Epic Battle

check this out. :D



kirby fan character

Credits to Snivy, mr.mugenwii, Anivernage, and myself. :D

Quote from: kirbyboi :3 on July 24, 2012, 01:46:53 AM
Ryu vs Goku Epic Battle

check this out. :D
thats wut im talkin bout!!(misspelled on purpose) loved the announcer in the beginning
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: AnImAiNe on July 24, 2012, 01:57:08 AM
thats wut im talkin bout!!(misspelled on purpose) loved the announcer in the beginning

Haha thanks! ^_^ i knew people would luv the intro. :D

No, sorry, there are no sfx for this. D: i put in my own sfx in Sony Vegas. I will do this frequently on my videos. xD



kirby fan character

Credits to Snivy, mr.mugenwii, Anivernage, and myself. :D