Boygos' Avenging Models - Hello everyone

Started by Boygos, March 14, 2012, 03:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boygos, you have too many unfinished WIPs, let's pick one for you.

Batman over Snake (Arkham City edited model)
Wolverine over Wolf (Deadpool: The Game)
Batgirl over Sheik (Injustice: Gods Among Us)
Ahsoka Tano over Sheik (Clone Wars)
Anakin Skywalker over Marth (Clone Wars)
Nightwing over Sheik (Arkham City/Injustice Hybrid)
Bane over Donkey Kong (Arkham Asylum)
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on April 19, 2012, 12:47:08 AM
why don't you use the pokepark wii model? it's higher quailty and I'm pretty sure it's a t-posed model

http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/pokeparkwii/sheet/1952

Havn't checked if it is t-posed yet though I assume it is as all the others were.
That was my original thought. However, strangely, the melee model is actually better 0_o
And the guy who made the Melee Mewtwo PSA is making a Pichu one with SOnicBrawler, so the Melee one would kinda fit that one better :P
Idk if that makes any sense ^ xD I ramble a lot


pichu talk! i is hyped
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

cant wait for a carnage preview :P if you can lb  make me a tentacles with bones that can be animated so i can do a psa for my fav marvel char and put it like a gfx xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 19, 2012, 02:25:21 PM #273 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:32:01 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: Carnage on April 18, 2012, 08:32:08 PMalso doesnt the gmod deoxys  have them separate tentacles and arms?
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122099
I'll answer this, since that's my Garry's Mod pack there.

It's simply Deoxys's model from PokéPark Wii. Nintendo has a weird way of using what are called "bodygroups" for that game -- the way Deoxys's arms/tentacles work (along with any winged Pokémon's wings) is that it has two sets of bones -- one for its tentacles, and one for its arms. The animations shrink down the unused limbs to "0", which makes 'em invisible without needing VIS0 or anything like that... but honestly if you look close enough, it looks kinda odd having it pinch in a bit where the original limb set was. Oh, well.

So on that note, just get the Deoxys model from The Models Resource or something. Just... please make sure that the smoothing groups are set up correctly -- weld the vertices or blend the normals together if you have to, don't keep it blocky like certain other ports I've seen in the past.

And in relation to what you should work on next, in my honest opinion you should finish up the ports that you've got almost complete first -- in this case, it would be Rouge? Working on too many different ports at once isn't the best idea, if you ask me. For instance, I've got EIGHT hacks that I have significant-to-no-progress on (in order -- Bandage Girl, Drunk and Dranko, Dejiko and Puchiko, Sol-Triumvirate Kit, Bonkers, Bulma, Kuro and Toro, SMA Peach), guess how many of them are finished: none of them!

So take the time to finish up what you've got right now, then work on new things, or else it might possibly pile up and nothing will be "finished".

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 19, 2012, 02:25:21 PM
I'll answer this, since that's my Garry's Mod pack there.

It's simply Deoxys's model from PokéPark Wii. Nintendo has a weird way of using what are called "bodygroups" for that game -- the way Deoxys's arms/tentacles work (along with any winged Pokémon's wings) is that it has two sets of bones -- one for its tentacles, and one for its arms. The animations shrink down the unused limbs to "0", which makes 'em invisible without needing VIS0 or anything like that... but honestly if you look close enough, it looks kinda odd having it pinch in a bit where the original limb set was. Oh, well.

So on that note, just get the Deoxys model from The Models Resource or something. Just... please make sure that the smoothing groups are set up correctly -- weld the vertices or blend the normals together if you have to, don't keep it blocky like certain other ports I've seen in the past.

And in relation to what you should work on next, in my honest opinion you should finish up the ports that you've got almost complete first -- in this case, it would be Rouge? Working on too many different ports at once isn't the best idea, if you ask me. For instance, I've got EIGHT hacks that I have significant-to-no-progress on (in order -- Bandage Girl, Drunk and Dranko, Dejiko and Puchiko, Sol-Triumvirate Kit, Bonkers, Bulma, Kuro and Toro, SMA Peach), guess how many of them are finished: none of them!

So take the time to finish up what you've got right now, then work on new things, or else it might possibly pile up and nothing will be "finished".
the problem is if i understood correctly he has troubles sparating deoxys arms and tentacles  from the models recouces atleast thats what i understood
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on April 19, 2012, 02:50:27 PMthe problem is if i understood correctly he has troubles sparating deoxys arms and tentacles  from the models recouces atleast thats what i understood
The tentacles are a bit easier to do than the arms, since they're separate elements. In 3DS Max, for example, you can just add an "Edit Mesh", select by element, click on the tentacles, then delete them. The arms are a little bit harder, moving the tentacles out of the way temporarily (then moving it back afterwards) can help with that.

Aaaaand if it's still a bit tricky to do, I can just send the models I've got with the arms/tentacles separated.

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 19, 2012, 02:55:06 PM
The tentacles are a bit easier to do than the arms, since they're separate elements. In 3DS Max, for example, you can just add an "Edit Mesh", select by element, click on the tentacles, then delete them. The arms are a little bit harder, moving the tentacles out of the way temporarily (then moving it back afterwards) can help with that.

Aaaaand if it's still a bit tricky to do, I can just send the models I've got with the arms/tentacles separated.
thats what boygo's was requesting in the last page  that someone sended him a deoxys in object one with arms and other with tentacles
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well thanks for the advice RTB xD
I have a giant to-do list, yes, xD However, I like to keep the model importers and the community involved in my work, so I usually have a poll, mainly to see if the community likes my ideas, or Nano's ideas (lol Nano has a lot of the ideas I use)
I don't ACTUALLY follow the poll right away... I do sometimes, but I am an ADHD child and I usually get sidetracked xD
Deoxys is one my todo list, and I'd love to do your model rather than the Brawl one when I do. However, on the edit mesh, the tentacles are not their own elements, and are rather difficult to seperate... If you would do that for me, that'd be awesome.


Quote from: LittleBoygos on April 19, 2012, 05:42:51 PM
Well thanks for the advice RTB xD
I have a giant to-do list, yes, xD However, I like to keep the model importers and the community involved in my work, so I usually have a poll, mainly to see if the community likes my ideas, or Nano's ideas (lol Nano has a lot of the ideas I use)
I don't ACTUALLY follow the poll right away... I do sometimes, but I am an ADHD child and I usually get sidetracked xD
Deoxys is one my todo list, and I'd love to do your model rather than the Brawl one when I do. However, on the edit mesh, the tentacles are not their own elements, and are rather difficult to seperate... If you would do that for me, that'd be awesome.
Alright, which format would you like the model in? DAE, SMD, OBJ, something else?

ugh too many pkmn+sonic fanboys. I want Thor!

Quote from: LittleBoygos on April 18, 2012, 08:39:37 PM
Okay, so I can't download that... because I don't feel like making a GMod account and logging in... just send me an .obj, please :P

For carnage, maybe. I will probably have them on all the time...
Quote from: RandomTBush on April 19, 2012, 06:50:27 PM
Alright, which format would you like the model in? DAE, SMD, OBJ, something else?
guess this awnser your question about the format :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on April 19, 2012, 06:54:23 PM
guess this awnser your question about the format :P
D'oh, didn't notice that. Sorry 'bout that, lot of things going through my mind lately.  :-\

Deoxys didn't take me long at all, and the rig looks actually really nice. Expect a release tonight! I'm currently taking advantage of Lucario's hurt eyes, blink eye, and other expressions.


April 20, 2012, 02:05:32 AM #283 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:06:46 AM by Nanobuds
Quote from: LittleBoygos on April 20, 2012, 02:02:47 AM
Deoxys didn't take me long at all, and the rig looks actually really nice. Expect a release tonight! I'm currently taking advantage of Lucario's hurt eyes, blink eye, and other expressions.

looks great! i will for sure download this :P

make his jewel shiny!

I can in like 5 minutes if you want me too

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 20, 2012, 02:05:32 AM
looks great! i will for sure download this :P

make his jewel shiny!

I can in like 5 minutes if you want me too
I'll send him to you :P But you gotta do the shader thing though xD I gotta go in like 10 minutes, so if I want to release tonight, I'll go take ingame pics, while you make it shiny, and tomorrow I will take new pics of the shiny one. But let's release it with the shiny? You know what I mean? xD