Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT

Started by Omniscient X, April 11, 2012, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yeah Ra in Smite is alot of fun, but I think I've done enough fireballs and fire streams, although I know there's much more to tap into on his front than what I've stated.  So I think Anubis or Poseidon would be a nice change of pace.

Yeah well if Anubis wins I don't see myself doing too many PSAs after this one so I'll package up the water GFX I have and I'll send them to you, Carnage.

Since Anubis has been in the lead, I've taken it upon myself to come up with a mockup moveset and it should be up by tmrw.
-Omni

well i hope they use a model since i cant work with the reff gfxs :(
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah I don't like reff GFX either, I prefer to work with models and most of them do some of them still need to be rigged if I get some free time this weekend I'll definitely rig them up (It's only 3 or 4 bones, but I'm terrible at rigging).  What exactly are you looking for as far as water GFX?
-Omni

i really wanted a wave or a waterfall, i need to make gyaraodos climb the waterfall or ride a wave xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well that's excruciatingly simple lol so I'll get those GFX to you when I get a chance.

In other news Anubis has won the poll, I ended it a day early because he was winning by quite a large margin and I'd already pretty much developed his moveset.

Feel free to review his moveset in the OP, I based the standard moveset on the basis of his ability to manipulate shadow energy and being the Lord of the Underworld.  His "Lord of the Dead" mode will allow him access to more necromancy-based moves like summoning souls and skeletons to attack the opponent.  Feel free to suggest moves that I should add and I also need some ideas for the Side Special!
-Omni

Why not do Anubis over Lucario he is based off a Jakal and stuff

 :>.>palm:

1) Not sure on his file size, and how much space is available.

2) I need a weapon bone, Ike has that to rig Anubis's khopesh to.

3) Making hacks over Ike is something I'm experienced with.

4) I already have base animations to work with for most attacks.

5) Lucario's bones don't come close to being proportional for Anubis's Smite model, where as Ike's are nearly perfect.

Under no circumstance would Anubis go over Lucario other than aesthetic similarities there is no benefit.
-Omni

ike has no right finger bones though, if you're looking for a weapon wielder, marth is the best option, or even link, if you plan on using his articles...

By weapon bone I mean sword bone, Anubis will not be manipulating his fingers at all so Ike is the most suitable option especially since his animations more represent Anubis's attacks.
-Omni

July 15, 2013, 03:19:21 AM #324 Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:38:30 AM by Omniscient X
PSA work and animations have been in progress but all of them can only be rough drafts until I have the actual model rigged and able to work with.  So on that rather disheartening note I'd like to enlist the aid of anyone up to the challenge of rigging Anubis on Ike for me!  You will obviously be included as a collaborator for the Anubis hack and if you're interested just shoot me a PM.

UPDATE: I've decided that in Anubis's "Lord of the Dead Mode" he'll be able to summon forth a soul-like entity to enhance his attacks much like Susano'o does for Sasuke.  The question is what should the shroud/soul be?  The poll is at the top of the page please vote.
-Omni

finding a rigger to import something we want is the hardest thing on the vault sadly well i hope you eventualy find someone but the chances arent very high imo.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: joke king on July 01, 2013, 11:26:58 AM
anubis.
if you find a model i could see if i can autorig him.

does the game SMITE have the model?
Joke King said he would do it but I'm having a hard time contacting him and if he's not going to do it I have no idea who would
-Omni

So about that side special :af:
Plan A: Using  :bowser: as insperation a move that has long start up but with super armor. Anubis could use his weapons to blow his enimes away with significant knock-back.
Plan B: Holding the side b Anubis dashes (faster than his run) until you let go of the button. When you let go of the button Anubis uses his weapons to launch his opponent upwards/back or some where in the middle.

I'm working on the PSA right now, finally  ;D and I'd really like to give Anubis a unique Side Special and so many characters have these dashes and movement based moves.  So here are the options I've developed so far:

1) Shadow Armor: Anubis wraps himself in armor consisting of solidified dark energy that makes him invincible to attack for 50 frames and has a cooldown of 5 seconds.

2)Ethereal Assault: Anubis conjures forth an arm of his ethereal form and jabs it forward in a quick rush that moves him forward 1.5 stage builder blocks and the arm does 10% darkness damage and medium forward knockback.

3) Life Drain: Anubis blankets the area in front of him in a greenish energy haze that deals 1% damage to opponents per second and every time an opponent is inflicted 1% Anubis regains 1% health making this move deadly in a 4 player Brawl.

4) Nightmare Slash: Anubis slashes his khopesh imbued with dark energy and unleashes a shockwave of darkness that's the height of Ganondorf that travels for 4 stage builder blocks and inflicts 5% darkness damage and medium forward knockback.

Also I'm having trouble finding a decent "shadow dragon" for his ethereal form so I'm going to try to find someone to rig up this balrog model I have:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
obviously the flames will either be green or purple depending on what the community wants once it's rigged there will be a poll for that.  I feel the Balrog is a more suitable summon for the Lord of the Underworld anyway.
-Omni

Balrog came prerigged which was a bonus until I figured out the wings and the head weren't rigged and that's just not quality so this is my current Shadow Dragon candidate as far as models go:
Pictures:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Video:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I spent a whole day ripping this Bahamut model from FFX and thankfully it came with bones so I was able to toss it into Brawlbox rigged I will post some pictures as soon as I get the textures sorted out of it in game.  I'll be retexturing it to a black dragon with eerie green trim to give it that feel of death.

If you have any other ideas as far as "shadow dragons" go please let me know by replying here.
-Omni