Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT

Started by Omniscient X, April 11, 2012, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Why not use the Chimera that Anubis kept by his side during the judgement of a deceased Egyptian? That is, if there's even a model of it.

I forgot his name (and most of his design), though I know the Egyptian Mythology backstory to it.

Maybe someone will know if I said how Anubis' judgement went in Egyptian Mythology...

This may not be entirely exact, though people who are into Egyptian Mythology should catch onto it.

[spoiler]After the death of an individual, Anubis takes the heart of the said individual, and puts it on one side of a balance scale. He then proceeds to put a few ounces/pounds (I can't remember which weight measurement was written) of lead on the other side of the balance scale.

If the lead weighs more, then the deceased individual goes onto paradise.

But if the heart weighs more (i.e. heavy with sin), then Anubis feeds both the heart and the deceased individual to a Chimera (all I know is that he has a crocodile head. And I think a hippo's body).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Ammut I guess is his name, thanks for the deep description though because people posted about it before but all they put was Chimera or Anubis's monster and I had nothing to go off of.  Here's an image of the Chimera:

Unfortunately his Ethereal Form should be bipedal so he can do a "Full Astral Projection" where his body hovers in the midsection of the form, and I have no idea where I could find a model for this beast though I will look through some sites and see what I can find!  Thanks again.
-Omni

Yes. That's exactly the Chimera I was talking about.

Though if you can't find an exact model of Ammut, there should be some models of crocodiles, hippos and possibly something for his headgear somewhere on the Internet, which you could merge into one model and rig it.

And glad to be of service. =P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Well Anubis finally has a model to go with the PSA that, while under construction, I'm happy to say is now nearing a beta-phase and near the end of the week I'll be looking for beta testers if you want to be one just shoot me a PM.

Huge thanks to my partner in crime Randomizer for rigging up this model beautifully, honestly that guy is quite the rigger.

Anyway what would a BUMPDATE without some previews  r)

Here you all go enjoy the first look at Anubis's new model and brand new attacks I've been working on:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anubis looks great! Can't wait to use him in-game.


Check out my model import thread here
Want a sig? Well, click here!

The effects and the model look nice, but his legs look kinda odd.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I thought Anubis would be wielding his Scepter?

Like this: http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027983/Anubis.jpg

He does look amazing though, even if I still think he'd look better with his scepter X3
You Never Know!

Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 27, 2013, 05:24:52 PM
The effects and the model look nice, but his legs look kinda odd.
Thanks Jigz and yeah the legs are a minor as his model was already emaciated so with the slight warping that occurs between rigging and animations they did lose a little substance.  Randomizer and I are looking for ways to fix this now.

Quote from: zutox on August 27, 2013, 09:17:04 PM
I thought Anubis would be wielding his Scepter?

Like this: http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027983/Anubis.jpg

He does look amazing though, even if I still think he'd look better with his scepter X3
Nah the scepter was crap lol the khopesh is way more badass even if it does need a texture revamp which I'm already working on.  The model came with a scepter but I made a khopesh blade model and mounted it on a sword hilt to give Anubis a badass sword.
-Omni

Ah okay. Will there be maybe an alternate costume with the scepter?
Kinda tired of seeing every single new character made wielding a sword X3
You Never Know!

  Well I suppose I'm not going to be writing to many more of these posts so I might as well make it a good one!  As a couple of you already know I'm going to be retiring from Brawl hacking at the end of this week, but I'm making sure to go out with a bang!
  I've been constantly working on Anubis and really trying to give him some unique attributes so that you guys as players can really enjoy him!  I've scrapped his ethereal form concept and he can now undergo a full transformation into his new form I've dubbed "Guardian of the Underworld", at least he can when he's in Lord of the Dead Mode.

So as far as progress goes I've got almost all of his moves working at this point the Up-Smash is still left on my todo list and I've got a couple more moves for LoD Mode but after that I'm going to package it up and send it out to beta testers early this week for immediate feedback so I can revamp whatever needs tweaking!

I've really been enjoying my "Shifting Sands" move where the Obelisk actually blocks projectiles and other attacks similar to Pit's Mirror Shield making you invulnerable to Assist Trophies, Pokemon and various projectiles so long as their not transcendent hitboxes and they must collide with the Obelisk even if they're inside of it the hitbox will override theirs and destroy their hitbox so it won't actually hit you.  I really think most of the players who use this move are going to love it as well!

Here's some screenshots of that attack:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


As for the Guardian of the Underworld I'm still working on a good texture for the beastie but for the moment here's what he looks like:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well I hope this keeps most everyone sedated for the moment and hopefully you're all looking forward to the final release of Anubis later this week!
-Omni

PS: Beta Testers are still welcome just shoot me a PM

Guardian of the underworld is Sanctuary Keeper from FFX? :D
Also, that obelisk attack looks pretty darn sweet.
Sad to hear you are quitting brawl hacking though
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on September 09, 2013, 02:44:09 PM
Guardian of the underworld is Sanctuary Keeper from FFX? :D
That sir is damn impressive that you got that right off the bat lol.  Yeah I almost went with an energy textured Behemoth, but I thought the SK just had a bit of a darker appearance.  I may change the transformation a bit I'm not a big fan of his wings but they're in the model so he might sprout them for a couple attacks!
-Omni

Great. Another great PSA maker is retiring. D: Soon there'll only be me (okay PSA maker), SB (cool PSA maker) and KJP (Awesome PSA maker) left. D: I know real life can be a pain and all, but still. It always saddens me to see a Brawl hacker retire. :(

I'll be sure to check out your stuff sometime in your memory, if I may say that.

Uhh...I replied but my reply is not here..how strange.

Anyways, I feel so accomplished XD

If you can change the model you might want to remove his face "horns" I think that would make him better suited for anubis, and it's really a dead (get it..underworld...oh never mind XD) ringer for where the model originally came from :) 
You Never Know!