[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

I wasn't into Project M... But now... I think it may change xD
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Yuck, Melee Fox. Never was a fan of that design. Kind of disappointed to see it as an alt.

Oh well, the rest look nice. 'Specially that Shadow Queen.

November 06, 2013, 05:35:47 PM #827 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:45:30 PM by Miacis
Not very inspired on some of those alt designs... Shadow Queen stands out, but that's about it for me.

Quote from: Strong Bad on November 06, 2013, 08:37:09 AM
I'm glad you guys have been enjoying our promotional videos and images! <3
Is somebody going to fix that awful Mewtwo page someday? Seems like none of the regular PMBR visitors are willing to do it. Maybe you can? :3

Quote from: Nanobuds on November 06, 2013, 03:27:41 AM
Nahhh they're gonna stay with PM.

At least I don't plan on releasing any to the vault.
Why?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


I agree with Data on the eyes. Looks more vampire like than possessed. Regardless, pretty awesome job on it, Pik!

Great models, you guys.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Miacis on November 06, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
Oh hey, one of the PMBR big shots visiting KCMM for once.

Is somebody going to fix that awful Mewtwo page someday? Seems like none of the regular PMBR visitors are willing to do it. Maybe you can? :3
Why?

The ones who handle the pages have already been notified and it will be edited in a little bit.

In other news, there's more stuff to come so stay tuned.

I actually just noticed something else about Shadow Queen...

Her shoulders don't seem quite accurate.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen

But, this might be due to rigging issues. And left intentionally inaccurate. For the sake of rigging.

And I still say something should be done with the eyes to seem more possessed looking.

Not sure what though... Maybe giving the eye whites a SLIGHT purple hue? Or do something with the iris to make it look... Creepier? I don't know.

Still, as I've said before though. It looks really good other then these little nitpicks. And is the best of the P:M alts by far.


But when you compare it to uninspired things like Melee versions. It stands out big time. You COULD have gone the unoriginal route, and made the Peach alt Rosalina. But chose not to... Props to ya.

November 06, 2013, 08:14:13 PM #833 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:57:17 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 06, 2013, 07:56:44 PM
I actually just noticed something else about Shadow Queen...

Her shoulders don't seem quite accurate.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen

But, this might be due to rigging issues. And left intentionally inaccurate. For the sake of rigging.

And I still say something should be done with the eyes to seem more possessed looking.

Not sure what though... Maybe giving the eye whites a SLIGHT purple hue? Or do something with the iris to make it look... Creepier? I don't know.

Still, as I've said before though. It looks really good other then these little nitpicks. And is the best of the P:M alts by far.


But when you compare it to uninspired things like Melee versions. It stands out big time. You COULD have gone the unoriginal route, and made the Peach alt Rosalina. But chose not to... Props to ya.
We're not trying to 100% copy off the official alt from their original games. Each model will be slightly tweaked and modified to fit the modeler's taste and to fit in with Brawl's art style.

More alt costume I for can be found here:

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/alternate-costumes-blogpost

Literally the same model as found in the vault... but here's a new picture I guess.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^ I don't think it needed changes anyway, the model was already really good.

I like the Shadow Peach render, but that Dry Bowser one isn't very flattering. Same with Mr. L.

Edit: I should probably elaborate so I sound less [censored]ish. The Dry Bowser render is just sorta awkward, and it draws attention to the less-than-flattering parts of the model. The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Just read that page on the alt. costumes and it made me wonder if standalone costumes would get recolors after everyone got their costume and the remaining characters were added. Is that even a possibility?

Quote from: SJS on November 06, 2013, 10:17:07 PM
I like the Shadow Peach render, but that Dry Bowser one isn't very flattering. Same with Mr. L.

Edit: I should probably elaborate so I sound less [censored]ish. The Dry Bowser render is just sorta awkward, and it draws attention to the less-than-flattering parts of the model. The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.
Yeah. I have to agree.

The Dry Bowser render doesn't seem menacing enough.

At the moment. He's just standing there all like "meh".

His pose should be a bit more dynamic.


And as SJ said about Mr. L... Yeah, the prospective seems off. It should have a better sense of depth.

Quote from: SJS on November 06, 2013, 10:17:07 PM
The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.

They are small looking because Luigi's hands aren't that big. They are scaled a lot in Luigi's animations.