[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sonic's my main since he has dem really fancy ways. :af:
[/url]

So what I'm reading here is characters being recloned... why, exactly?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

January 04, 2013, 03:55:54 PM #287 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:59:43 PM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 02:58:36 AM
So what I'm reading here is characters being recloned... why, exactly?
Because everything has to be just like Melee!

...

I find it ironic. In Melee. People whined about clones. In Brawl, they changed them quite a bit... Now people want clones back to what they were...

Personally. I think if the clone engine ever gets cracked. It would be neat to have both versions of clones. Like... Holding R button changes the move set. So you have the choice to either play the character just like Melee. Or a fixed up Brawl version of the character, to better fit P:M. (Or in Ganon's case, make him more like the LoZ version.)

This would even be good for those who don't like the direction some characters were changed to. (I'm looking at YOU Lucaryu... Some people liked normal Lucario more.)

But, I do realize this would be a LOT to balance out... So even with the Clone Engine, it most likely wouldn't happen.

I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.

I dunno, it's just a thought.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 04:43:38 PM
I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.

I dunno, it's just a thought.
Well they KINDA did that with Ganny.

If you hold B while doing side B. He does the Brawl version of the move as I recall.

All my PSA's I wanna use are freezing -- why?


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 04:43:38 PM
I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.

I dunno, it's just a thought.

It's more along the lines of the competitive community [censored]ing that their favorite melee mains don't work exactly as they ought to. While characters like Lucas and Ness that are pretty similar have become drastically different in their execution moveset wise, characters like Ganon and Falco have been reverted back to their cloneness as they were better that way.Try playing Ganondorf in brawl, then try him in melee. In melee he is awesome to play as, and in brawl he feels sluggish and unrefined. As far as I know though, no other characters besides those two were brought back to clone status.

Quote from: KC on January 04, 2013, 09:42:22 PM
All my PSA's I wanna use are freezing -- why?
I believe the Project M files have various codes that help them work properly. That could be a cause.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Oh.  No wonder... :srs:


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Well will the earlier demo ones work?

Out of curiosity, because maybe I'd like that. I think those didn't have codes, did they?

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on January 06, 2013, 09:25:57 PM
It's more along the lines of the competitive community [censored]ing that their favorite melee mains don't work exactly as they ought to. While characters like Lucas and Ness that are pretty similar have become drastically different in their execution moveset wise, characters like Ganon and Falco have been reverted back to their cloneness as they were better that way.Try playing Ganondorf in brawl, then try him in melee. In melee he is awesome to play as, and in brawl he feels sluggish and unrefined. As far as I know though, no other characters besides those two were brought back to clone status.

I'm sorry, but Ganon being a Falcon on steroids is far from "awesome". At least in Brawl Ganon feels like his own character, even if Luigified.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 08, 2013, 06:14:19 PM
I'm sorry, but Ganon being a Falcon on steroids is far from "awesome". At least in Brawl Ganon feels like his own character, even if Luigified.
Depends on one's view.

The fact he WAS such a powerhouse in Melee alone could be considered "awesome" to some...

I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.
[/url]

Quote from: battleon469 on January 09, 2013, 08:06:10 PM
I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.

It's got high start-up time and predictability. Shield, spot dodge, roll, or just whack him out of it in the 5 hours it takes for him to start spinning and get to you.

Quote from: Mr.Jackpot on January 09, 2013, 11:00:50 PM
It's got high start-up time and predictability. Shield, spot dodge, roll, or just whack him out of it in the 5 hours it takes for him to start spinning and get to you.

Start-up's not as slow as you're making it out to be.  It's considerably faster than it was in vBrawl.  It's the endlag that you should watch out for.  Unlike 2.1, he can no longer instantly cancel his HA on hit with a special.

Quote from: battleon469 on January 09, 2013, 08:06:10 PM
I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.

Are you playing against terrible people?  It's not OP in the slightest.  Honestly anyone that's outclassed by HA spamming should be deemed a terrible player because it's a horribly ineffective strategy.  It's like getting beat by Kirby Down B spam.  HA works best as a mix-up and gimping tool I find.  It wrecks spacies.

^ lol you could say that I was playing against lvl 9 CPU and my cousin (who is epic at Vbrawl but didnt know what PM was lol)
[/url]