Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 735648 times)
PseudoTypical
Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #405 on: September 19, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »

By "perfect" I mean that it has no glitches or bugs. The code is extremely stable, and we can clone whoever we want. However, the coding is very specific and complex, thus why we haven't released it. Even I don't know how the codes work, and I personally can't make my own slot with a custom character.

At the moment we do not have any further new clone announcements, due to our limitations and current projects we are working on.
    That's better news than I was expecting, actually. I'm not really concerned about the public release of the codes so much, but it's great that there aren't any barriers with making stuff. This includes projectiles and the like, right? (inb4 nothing is stopping Mewtwo now)

Kind of expected that, but thanks anyway. Sorry if I/we are kind of grilling you on this stuff. It's pretty darn exciting.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #406 on: September 19, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »

I think our CE depends on a lot of the general PM codes... Which is another reason we won't release it yet. It doesn't work with normal Brawl.
    We don't want to cause a lot of people the frustration of crashes due to code and module errors.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #407 on: September 19, 2013, 01:54:39 PM »

I think our CE depends on a lot of the general PM codes... Which is another reason we won't release it yet. It doesn't work with normal Brawl.
    We don't want to cause a lot of people the frustration of crashes due to code and module errors.

This really isn't for me since I'll be playing P:M for as long as I play Brawl, but does that "yet" mean that adaptations are being made? I think a lot of people believe that the codes are and will be P:M exclusive.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #408 on: September 19, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »

Hasn't that Engine been operational for quite awhile now, if you guys had the time to make a fully operational Roy? oô

It certainly looks impressive, but I have trouble understanding what exactly makes it so impossible for non-PMBR users to set it up. If Dant and ds22 have been working for years on it, they should be more than able to explain how they got it to work.

we don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.
    This in particular, I do not understand the logic of. CE =/= PM. If you released it separately, I doubt even half the users would associate it with P:M.

Besides, there's been other supposedly "dangerous" codes. They didn't seem to trigger such backlash in the overall community.
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:29:58 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #409 on: September 19, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »

Hasn't that Engine been operational for quite awhile now, if you guys had the time to make a fully operational Roy? oô

It certainly looks impressive, but I have trouble understanding what exactly makes it so impossible for non-PMBR users to set it up. If Dant and ds22 have been working for years on it, they should be more than able to explain how they got it to work.
    This in particular, I do not understand the logic of. CE =/= PM. If you released it separately, I doubt even half the users would associate it with P:M.

Besides, there's been other supposedly "dangerous" codes. They didn't seem to trigger such backlash.
    That does make a good deal of sense, at least once there's a version for vBrawl. I think what he's saying is that they will release and explain, but only once they make a version that doesn't need to run alongside other P:M codes.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #410 on: September 19, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »

when i used to have the clone engine leak i found on a pastebin site, i could never get it to work for vbrawl. so i belive its in P:M's main coding or what not instead of just the clone engine code

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #411 on: September 19, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »

when i used to have the clone engine leak i found on a pastebin site, i could never get it to work for vbrawl. so i belive its in P:M's main coding or what not instead of just the clone engine code
    That's how it's sounding, yeah. Still, how were you able to test it? Don't you need more than just the code to get everything working?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #412 on: September 19, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »

yeah. you also needed .rels. which caused gfx gltiches.

Quotes:

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #413 on: September 19, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »

yeah. you also needed .rels. which caused gfx gltiches.
    That sounds pretty good, though. I figured that you meant other things went wrong and the character wouldn't play, or something messed up before then. It seemed pretty difficult to change the interface to have more characters (whether in the CSS, CSPS, BPs, result screen, etc), and then you still have things like SFX and other game modes. That code must be pretty darn comprehensive.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »

the extra slots wouldnt load the icons on screen if i used vbrawl or what not. i made teh .rels myself and they wrked

Quotes:

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #415 on: September 19, 2013, 07:21:44 PM »

Wow Roy Is Back and better than ever!Come on my main Mewtwo!

One general PM question:

I noticed that the cpu can wavedash and L cancel is this only level 9?Because I keep losing by a lot so can I take this off?Maybe by making them level 8?

nerdbot
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #416 on: September 19, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »

I hope we can at least see some stuff to add Roy to vanilla Brawl, just to have the option. Really impressive work all the same though.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #417 on: September 19, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »

...look in the Vault?

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #418 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »

GAH! I really hope this Clone Engine thing works!

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #419 on: September 19, 2013, 08:23:14 PM »

I'm going to guess it was a happy mistake that some of the code already in the PM framework just happened to be key components in getting the clone engine to work, as well as some of the other things like character modules and CSS stuff (like the way Zelda/Shiek and the Pokémon are separated).

Buuuut that's a guess, just based on how I read nano's post and what I've seen in PM.

(On an OT note, I would also guess that your current avatar comes from some of emperpep's work. I recognize that art style anywhere.)

Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: