[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nanobuds on November 19, 2013, 01:52:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0
:happy: There are no words for this! Thank you guys so much for your work. I'm more excited for this than Christmas...

You guys had me fooled for a sec there, I thought Samus wasn't gonna be in this release. But boy oh boy did she show up.

Hype hype hype

I think the thing i want the most is turbo mode. I dont have interest in the extra costumes (they look good tho), and i don't think I could get the clone engine working for vbrawl, bit man, that turbo mode.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"The Clone Engine was created by Dantarion and ds22 and is for the use of the PMBR"....Sounds like a Project M only thing

Quote from: chocodino on November 19, 2013, 02:31:16 AM
"The Clone Engine was created by Dantarion and ds22 and is for the use of the PMBR"....Sounds like a Project M only thing
That's because it kinda sorta is at the moment.

Quote from: Nanobuds on November 19, 2013, 02:33:56 AM
That's because it kinda sorta is at the moment.

^ Unfortunately this.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

my body is [censored]ing ready! the only thing more exciting than this is 3.0b, with the big fixes an all, but this is what dreams are made of. I may like brawl minus, but I started out on project m. with all the characters in, I just wish I could add one more myself (as a separate character). I would kill for an inclusion of megaman, but that would be treading on both Nintendo's and Capcom's turf; plus he was never in a previous smash bros game (even though he deserved a spot in even melee).

new mechanics will 'wow' my friends with a combination of both tactics and just sheer awesomeness.

the only thing that bugs me (and this is more of a minor OCD thing) is that there's still room for 3 more spaces. problem is, there were only 7 extra slots created after the removal of the forbidden 7. although the gimmick character slots fill 7 slots, pokemon trainer has been entirely removed (speaking of which, do the 3 separate pokemon, mewtwo, and roy get final smashes of their own?). this leaves one slot open. dr Mario is Mario's alt costume, pichu would need size-modding, removing balance, and young link would just be another link. what im asking is, do you have any plans for that slot?

in conclusion, you guys have come far into making a melee/brawl mix (with a hint of SSB64 added). now the only thing you guys need is more melee stages. maybe work on the Brinstar Depths BETA and get it to spin perhaps? idk, just spitballing. well done guys, well done indeed.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Holy [censored] that Samus.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Just watched that video. Damn, guys. Damn.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


Quote from: Gnorcteen on November 19, 2013, 02:42:29 AM
my body is [censored]ing ready! the only thing more exciting than this is 3.0b, with the big fixes an all, but this is what dreams are made of. I may like brawl minus, but I started out on project m. with all the characters in, I just wish I could add one more myself (as a separate character). I would kill for an inclusion of megaman, but that would be treading on both Nintendo's and Capcom's turf; plus he was never in a previous smash bros game (even though he deserved a spot in even melee).

new mechanics will 'wow' my friends with a combination of both tactics and just sheer awesomeness.

the only thing that bugs me (and this is more of a minor OCD thing) is that there's still room for 3 more spaces. problem is, there were only 7 extra slots created after the removal of the forbidden 7. although the gimmick character slots fill 7 slots, pokemon trainer has been entirely removed (speaking of which, do the 3 separate pokemon, mewtwo, and roy get final smashes of their own?). this leaves one slot open. dr Mario is Mario's alt costume, pichu would need size-modding, removing balance, and young link would just be another link. what im asking is, do you have any plans for that slot?

in conclusion, you guys have come far into making a melee/brawl mix (with a hint of SSB64 added). now the only thing you guys need is more melee stages. maybe work on the Brinstar Depths BETA and get it to spin perhaps? idk, just spitballing. well done guys, well done indeed.

Mewtwo and Roy will have final smashes.

The pokemon, however, still won't have any.

And regarding your questions about the clone engine slots... I'm sorry but I am unable to answer those questions.

Their parents must be proud.  :>.>:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


No 3.0 will not be the final version, but this will be the most defining of the existing versions.

the day project m is done updating could be the day the poke trainer's pokemon get their own final smashes, however that is only my personal hypothesis; there could/will be many more updates after that.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524