[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

And by "model importer they use," I presume they mean the default BrawlBox importer, which does not support tristripping or whatever. They mentioned they were working on a fix, so hopefully one of the P:M members will pick up where BJ left off and add tristripping to the BBox importer, or at least something along those lines.

A fix should be coming in the near future. We didn't want to miss the release over a relatively small issue.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

A mere 30 seconds until mine finishes downloading! *Fan-Boy Scream*

Is there a way to make Roy and Mewtwo work with this?.

Every time I choose either and select a stage, it hangs for me.

Do I need to add some lines in BeyondRiivolution.XML to make it work?

Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.

Also Gravity is the winner in explaining the Caution signs and why they are there.

My body has never been more ready.

Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.

I assume it was due to file space issues?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Also Gravity is the winner in explaining the Caution signs and why they are there.

Booyah.

Also, I think concept art Meta Knight's sword isn't set to the proper visibility bone, he has it in his hand when he's in his Lose animation. Not really a bug, but well there ya go.

Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
My body has never been more ready.

Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.

I assume it was due to file space issues?
Correct; since we had to make room for Clones and Alts

Quote from: Gravity on December 10, 2013, 03:02:12 AM
Booyah.

Also, I think concept art Meta Knight's sword isn't set to the proper visibility bone, he has it in his hand when he's in his Lose animation. Not really a bug, but well there ya go.
That's my fault then. I didn't eve know that MK used a visibility bone for his sword... I never remembered him not having one during the lose animation >.>

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.

I would almost~ try this method, as Riivolution is compatible with my SD Card. The one thing that puzzles me is how I'd assign the new costumes, Roy, and Mewtwo to any on-disc files or folders. I figure I just cannot name non-existent directories after them and expect it to work.

December 10, 2013, 03:25:29 AM #1209 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:29:24 AM by Bad Box Art Gnorc
hey Nanobud, 2 questions:
1) Would PM3.0 Dry Bowser work in other hacks?
2) Would PM3.0 Dr. Mario work in other hacks? (forgot about added sound effects and custom model replacement)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

All the alts will work with other hacks. Even Roy's model works on Marth.

However Mewtwo won't work on anyone.

Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
My body has never been more ready.

Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.

I assume it was due to file space issues?

Yes memory limits are a cruel mistress.

Well, I must say, Samus and Roy are hella fun to play. Mewtwo is pretty fun too, I just was never very good with him in the first place. It's been a while since I played Project M at all, so it felt brand new again. He's not my favorite to begin with, but Yoshi seems much better as well. I actually think I could get used to this version of Samus. I've tried to get good with her in Melee for years, but being a Ganondorf main, I just could never get used to her floatyness, but I feel a little more in control with her this way and I really like the dodge being changed to something faster. The Ice Beam attacks also really feel strong with less damage and more knockback to counter the flamethrower (Plasma Beam I guess) being the complete opposite. I don't know what to think about Turbo Mode yet. I almost got beaten by a level 5 just trying to figure out how it all works, but I definitely want to try it again as well. I shall be playing a lot more of this once I get through my finals this week and maybe there will be a tournament at MAGFest next month that I can sign up for. :D

December 10, 2013, 03:53:49 AM #1213 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:55:34 AM by Hero ©
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.
Then I'll wait until someone does that.

I can't really use Gecko because no SD slot in my computer.


Turbo Mode + Meta Knight + Training Room is godly, oh my jesus.