[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I finally jumped aboard the bandwagon and played Project M on my own Wii for the first time. The quality is astounding, and whoever programmed that A.I., I gotta commend you. This is the most challenging A.I. I've ever played against in Smash Bros. in all my life. At least it doesn't cheat and camp around like normal Brawl's. XD The mod just feels legit! And I gotta thank whoever decided to include Giga Bowser as a player in 3.0. As a former hacker and Giga main in Melee, it feels great to be able to pick him up and play him again. Speed and gravity are great.

Overall a positive experience.


February 03, 2014, 02:42:07 AM #1681 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:43:58 AM by RoboticCyborg
Quote from: Scout on February 03, 2014, 01:29:09 AM
This is just abusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE
I'm so glad I don't pick spam characters. And I find it funny how the A.I. spams on the highest level. Like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt attack.

Dude, if you're having problems with something as simple as a Pikachu spamming his neutral B I don't know what to tell you. Just jump over them if your character doesn't have a reflector Fox! <3 or, you know, shield them.
That Ivysaur tech seems pretty interesting, too. I don't see it being very useful against Mario or Fox recovering, so it's not like I'd really have to care about it. ;p
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.

Your buns are mine!

Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on February 03, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.
There should be a penalty for spamming.


Quote from: Mr. Me on February 03, 2014, 07:56:54 PM
What about chaingrabs?
That I don't have a problem with, just have the A.I. stop spamming the same tactics over and over again it's boring.

dont even make me start about suicide... xD

Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on February 03, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.
Pit's arrows.

Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.

February 03, 2014, 09:21:08 PM #1689 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:22:27 PM by Mochtroid127
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on February 03, 2014, 09:13:14 PM
Pit's arrows.

Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.

That's still a little different than Mario's fireballs/pills or Pikachu's Thunder. It's one thing to use them to approach or space yourself, but CPUs mostly just spam them repeatedly unless you're right on top of them. It's also incredibly difficult to have that good of aim like Armada, not to mention, there was a purpose to it other than just plain attacking an opponent.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on February 03, 2014, 08:41:19 PM
dont even make me start about suicide... xD

NEVER play on Port Town. I can't help it because I love F-Zero, but if you want a serious match, go somewhere else. I usually end up trying to save the AI every time since they literally just walk to the side and jump off on certain parts. :P

Quote from: Pin0yB0i on February 03, 2014, 09:13:14 PM
Pit's arrows.

Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.
If it wasn't for Foxs fast falling speed the arrows wouldn't have been nearly as useful.
F-Air Neutral B F-Air only really works on fast fallers, which was like his go to combo against M2K's Fox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hey, so just wondering. Will it work if I use my vBrawl Modset on Project M's loader (With proper placement etc)
Cause I have an 8GB card only and Riivolution is JUNK

Riivo is only junk if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

February 04, 2014, 01:09:15 PM #1694 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:10:20 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on February 04, 2014, 01:59:04 AM
Hey, so just wondering. Will it work if I use my vBrawl Modset on Project M's loader (With proper placement etc)
Cause I have an 8GB card only and Riivolution is JUNK

I think you need a certain code for it to work.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323

Just go to this thread.

Hotswapping the SDHC card when the game's running will not work so don't do it.