[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 01, 2014, 12:47:50 AM
There's been a change of plans.

SDo0m's stream will be this Friday.
So is this stream gonna happen? :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ganon's B-Air and new N-B (?) look mighty fine. Nice to see more energy into those strong-ass punches~

His U-Tilt too, until he winds back. What's supporting his weight when he's returning into position? His left leg is almost flat on the ground, and his right one just kinda sliding back into place.
If you try yourself to recover from such a position, you're going to straighten up and (at the same time) use the left foot as support to pull the right foot back. Pretty certain it's anatomically undoable to do that while staying as low as he does.

Charizard's F-Air (Wolf is that you) looks more vicious which is cool, but the tail lacks in follow-through movement. Seems the wings movement is stiffer too, but that might well be the different angle.

And I imagine Pit's Shield is supposed to shrink back at the end of the new animation? Because otherwise, man, dat clipping.

Quote from: Taiko on October 01, 2014, 10:42:39 AMAnd I really think that the taunt where he thrusts his sword up could just stop there, without the extra bit at the end. It...doesn't really look fitting? I get that it's from the GBA animation, but some animations just don't translate well to a 3D environment. That's why Sakurai freestyles in many cases and just makes stuff up.
More than the 3D environment, the difference is that Eliwood (not Roy) followed that fancy flourish with a lightning-fast critical-hit stab. And then a silly backflip 10 feet into the air.
Marth's and Eliwood's on-foot animations are all about style: fancy flourishes with a rapier-like weapon. Roy uses the SoS like a bastard sword and just kinda whacks people on the head with it.
So him using Eliwood's animation, and not even attacking afterwards does seem like he's just kinda swinging his blade around in a manner that neither befits his character and sword style, nor looks intimidating or mocking.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


Quote from: Taiko on October 01, 2014, 10:42:39 AM
Why was Falcon's run changed, exactly? It looks more generic now...
If it was changed for the sake of being "not-Brawl" I'd suggest changing it back, otherwise you lose a bit of character.

Roy's animations look better, but why does he shake? Is he cold?
And I really think that the taunt where he thrusts his sword up could just stop there, without the extra bit at the end. It...doesn't really look fitting? I get that it's from the GBA animation, but some animations just don't translate well to a 3D environment. That's why Sakurai freestyles in many cases and just makes stuff up.
I agree with this. Falcon's run animation looks even more exaggerated than before and just looks goofy. I don't see the reasoning behind changing animations that already look good.

These are the only animations i want changed for Captain Falcon.

1. DamageFall, because it was so much better how he was flailing around like some sort of cartoon in the air and they ruined it in Brawl.

2. Passive F&B, i don't understand why that was changed when it was perfectly fine in Melee and made it slower in Brawl. Kipping with one hand was more manly than kipping with both.

3. WallJumping, His Walljumping was faster and jumps like a Badass Ninja, but in Brawl he jumps like an old fart like Ganondorf would do.

4. Melee Taunt, I JUST HATE HIS BRAWL TAUNT! He just slouches over and does a halfass salute. It was so much better in Melee.

For his new running animation.... i don't know why that's getting changed either. His running animation was never an issue in Brawl honestly.


Like the recolors. Although, I want to know why the Red Ike Hector recolor has blue boots while Green has green boots?

Really minor. But... curious.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

ARTE SE HA DADO

I like Ness's purple shirt a lot, I'd say that I hope that he gets more shirt designs but his PJ alts will probably fill up the rest of his slots. Oh well.

While the Ike recolours are fine, the new purple ones seem really boring? They're all just purple+white (plus slight red on Ness' shoes...), I wish you guys would mess around with some other accent colours more. Pink and blue never fail to screw up purple, so there's a quick idea.

And what happened to Falcon's belt buckle and scarf?

Whats this!?!?!?

[spoiler]


http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ilotm/project_m_art_tuesday_double_jet_set_sonic/

[\spoiler]

Quote from: Taiko on October 07, 2014, 09:04:01 PM
While the Ike recolours are fine, the new purple ones seem really boring? They're all just purple+white (plus slight red on Ness' shoes...), I wish you guys would mess around with some other accent colours more. Pink and blue never fail to screw up purple, so there's a quick idea.

And what happened to Falcon's belt buckle and scarf?
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816133755/ssb/images/5/5d/SSB64_Falcon.gif


I am honestly speechless.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


pwetty awesome stuff :P

but yeah, the red armor ike with the green clothes and blue boots is kinda weird...

You [censored]ing mad man! I want it!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]