[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



Big thanks for sharing this. It would actually be really cool to discuss these codes.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Can we also discuss the leaked characters? Like the reason behind their inclusion in P:M, for example (I'm really curious...)

Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh, it's over...

Well I'll still be a newbie retexturerererererr guy.

If anybody could upload a full version of 3.6 with Beta Lynn and Knuckles (and maybe isaac idk) that'd be awesome


Hmm. It's weird posting on the forum. I was never the type to be on forum, just cared more for the results of my mods than to actually socialize  :-\. I regret that a bit to be honest.
Well to the point. I just wanted to give my respects to the greatest brawl modding team. No rather the most successful brawl modding team. There are plenty of great modders still active and I'm sure we will create something grand from the ashes of what PM was. I learned a lot from studying PM's files. I learned about quality. Their mods showed that, and as a model rigger and creator it tested my limits. They made me as good as I am now, and I am still learning.

Sorry for the long and odd post but I just wanted someone to read it

So why is the download link not available on their site anymore? Anyone know?

Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?

Keep in mind, I'm not asking for them, but I'd like to know what the concepts for them wete because I was really looking forward to both if these characters before the announcement.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: libertyernie on December 11, 2015, 01:52:32 AM
So why is the download link not available on their site anymore? Anyone know?

The download link is gone because they didn't want to risk a direct lawsuit from Nintendo, since they were competing at the time.(Which is why they took it down, because Nintendo knows of P:M, but, according to P:M's lawyer, it was likely that releasing the new version could cause a lawsuit from Nintendo, as, since Nintendo's SSB Wii U's DLC is the same characters, they would be directly competing.)

Quote from: Nebulon on December 11, 2015, 02:11:47 AM
Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?

Neither of the assets for those two exist in any completed state.

Quote from: windhunter7 on December 11, 2015, 02:29:53 AM
The download link is gone because they didn't want to risk a direct lawsuit from Nintendo, since they were competing at the time.(Which is why they took it down, because Nintendo knows of P:M, but, according to P:M's lawyer, it was likely that releasing the new version could cause a lawsuit from Nintendo, as, since Nintendo's SSB Wii U's DLC is the same characters, they would be directly competing.)

I'd preface your speculation with a disclaimer stating it's speculation. It's alright to assume, but don't state it as fact.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on December 11, 2015, 07:47:51 AM
I'd preface your speculation with a disclaimer stating it's speculation. It's alright to assume, but don't state it as fact.

You're correct. However, although it is technically speculation, it is most likely true, because according to something Br3 posted, an image showing a post in some other forum or whatnot, in answer to the first FAQ, the second answer, he says that if Nintendo had come at them with the lawsuit, it would have likely been because of direct competition and/or more issues with IPs. Notice how he uses the word "likely", indicating probable cause, but still technically conjecture.

Here's the image I was talking about: http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg

Quote from: Nebulon on December 11, 2015, 02:11:47 AM
Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?

Keep in mind, I'm not asking for them, but I'd like to know what the concepts for them wete because I was really looking forward to both if these characters before the announcement.
I'd be interested in this as well, and I suspect that it does exist, at least for Isaac and Sami. Someone posted a video of Isaac and Sami fighting each other, and it looked as though Sami was quite a bit further along in development than her incarnation in the leaked dev build

^ I've seen that too.

I didn't know if it was a further build or just a different version of the build.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 13, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
I'd be interested in this as well, and I suspect that it does exist, at least for Isaac and Sami. Someone posted a video of Isaac and Sami fighting each other, and it looked as though Sami was quite a bit further along in development than her incarnation in the leaked dev build
Quote from: Nebulon on December 13, 2015, 08:28:58 PM
^ I've seen that too.

I didn't know if it was a further build or just a different version of the build.

To my knowledge, as I also may have explained to Nebulon, the leaked build doesn't have the versions of Isaac and Sami featured in that specific video. More updated versions of those two characters exist somewhere out there. I, too, am interested in seeing just what else was updated, even if the characters themselves won't be released.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Now that PM ceased development. We in Europe and Africa will never get a PAL release, right?