Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Shun_One on November 11, 2013, 11:54:47 PM
Me and Satoshi Kura have been working on this for the past few days. Haven't been able to do much texturing since I've had the flu, but this is a general idea, right?



EDIT: and for the record, Smash 4 Marth is a combination of Shadow Dragon and New Mystery designs. His tunic and collar is pure Shadow Dragon, while most other elements are New Mystery.

:patrick: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?...

That.

Is.

AWESOME!

His shoulder armor doesn't seem big enough, but that's pretty damn accurate. He'll have Wii U rim lighting, right?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Shun_One on November 11, 2013, 11:54:47 PM
Me and Satoshi Kura have been working on this for the past few days. Haven't been able to do much texturing since I've had the flu, but this is a general idea, right?



EDIT: and for the record, Smash 4 Marth is a combination of Shadow Dragon and New Mystery designs. His tunic and collar is pure Shadow Dragon, while most other elements are New Mystery.
Holy crap man that looks pretty damn good for a couple days! Nice!
Quote from: Amarythe on November 11, 2013, 05:26:33 PM
The direction of the art design doesn't look to be aimed at "revamping", actually. If we see Vanguard Ike, he's going to look EXACTLY like his character portrait does. Trust me.

...That would be SO awesome. I want Ike in Smash 4 so damn bad.

Speaking of Vanguard/Lord Ike, something I just want to throw out there: Vert, when you guys are finished with the models I'd be MORE than happy to apply a rim effect to them. I would be able to adjust the textures properly and everything, too.
Revamped, updated, shinier, you get the idea. I just wanna see all that shiny new goodness. They better put him in man!!! Sakurai, don't disappoint me!!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on November 12, 2013, 02:51:01 AM
His shoulder armor doesn't seem big enough, but that's pretty damn accurate. He'll have Wii U rim lighting, right?
This. I keep forgetting to give actual criticism/suggestions. If it's possible (not sure about the poly count) maybe make the shoulder pads more rounded while increasing the size as well. And maybe buff up the arms a slight bit? Smash 4 Marth looks a bit more manly than past incarnations, lol. I'd say more, but the model will probably be worked on more, so I leave it up to you guys.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on November 12, 2013, 02:51:01 AM
His shoulder armor doesn't seem big enough, but that's pretty damn accurate. He'll have Wii U rim lighting, right?
Was tossing up the idea of rim lighting. Might end up doing it.

Quote from: Rufure on November 12, 2013, 03:09:52 AM
This. I keep forgetting to give actual criticism/suggestions. If it's possible (not sure about the poly count) maybe make the shoulder pads more rounded while increasing the size as well. And maybe buff up the arms a slight bit? Smash 4 Marth looks a bit more manly than past incarnations, lol. I'd say more, but the model will probably be worked on more, so I leave it up to you guys.
hahaha

We have been editing things as best as we can to make sure it looks right. The shoulder pads aren't cooperating with us, so it's not likely that the shape of them will change too much. We're still working with it though, and the final model should look serviceable as a Shadow Dragon Marth, if not a Smash 4 Marth, because go play Smash 4 for that.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on November 12, 2013, 04:23:11 AM
We have been editing things as best as we can to make sure it looks right. The shoulder pads aren't cooperating with us, so it's not likely that the shape of them will change too much. We're still working with it though, and the final model should look serviceable as a Shadow Dragon Marth
Good to hear, always liked that incarnation, I know you guys always make it look great, so I'm looking forward to the model's updates!

Quote from: Shun_One on November 12, 2013, 04:23:11 AM
go play Smash 4 for that.
I-I wish I could... ;-;

Quote from: Rufure on November 12, 2013, 04:37:30 AM
I-I wish I could... ;-;
...Me too.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on November 12, 2013, 04:41:58 AM
...Me too.


Damn lookin nice there Shun. Can't wait to see this in game!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I gotta say, as much as I like Lodestar Marth, I really do feel like his Shadow Dragon/New Mystery outfit is more fitting, really do love how it's coming along.

You and me both. It's both classic and new at the same time. I love it.

Shun what else were you guys planning to add to this new model you're working on. Just wondering, cause it looks pretty much done to me.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: heavyd88 on November 12, 2013, 06:08:36 PM
Shun what else were you guys planning to add to this new model you're working on. Just wondering, cause it looks pretty much done to me.
Plan to give it rim lighting and a spec map for the armor. It's currently being rigged by iwantgames, so hopefully we can get it out before this week ends.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Another costume to add to project m! Man he looks good, can't wait for this!


Glad you guys're liking this! I'm excited to see him ingame myself, I've been constantly checking whatever I have to see if he's finished yet. This is also probably the hardest I've worked on a model and some of its textures. I just really can't wait! Brawl Marth is going to be nonexistent to me once he's out.

That render makes him look better.

Quote from: SatoshiKura on November 13, 2013, 12:49:23 AM
Glad you guys're liking this! I'm excited to see him ingame myself, I've been constantly checking whatever I have to see if he's finished yet. This is also probably the hardest I've worked on a model and some of its textures. I just really can't wait! Brawl Marth is going to be nonexistent to me once he's out.
I can already tell you wanna import him into Dissidia. lol
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509