Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

My one complaint with Smash 4 Marth: It looks like his hair is thinning out and super damaged because of the way it's made. But I guess that's the future of video game hair. That's how a lot of games do it these days.


That's IF he's in the new one, kinda hoping myself but who knows what Sakurai is planning for sure.

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 01:29:18 AM

Quote from: Lockablefaceman on November 09, 2013, 09:53:25 AM
My one complaint with Smash 4 Marth: It looks like his hair is thinning out and super damaged because of the way it's made. But I guess that's the future of video game hair. That's how a lot of games do it these days.
I think that's how his hair looked in awakening but a little more revamped I suppose. To be honest I like it better this way. Plus his hair actually moves in this new one instead of the static bucket head he had in brawl.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: heavyd88 on November 10, 2013, 01:25:14 AM
That's IF he's in the new one, kinda hoping myself but who knows what Sakurai is planning for sure.

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 01:29:18 AM
I think that's how his hair looked in awakening but a little more revamped I suppose. To be honest I like it better this way. Plus his hair actually moves in this new one instead of the static bucket head he had in brawl.

Nope everything about this marth is based on his design from New Mystery of the Emblem, the japanese only sequel to shadow dragon.

It did say that his design was based on recent Fire Emblem games, so it's a mixture of a few designs.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 10, 2013, 02:30:56 AM
It did say that his design was based on recent Fire Emblem games, so it's a mixture of a few designs.
I'm getting the feeling that they took the New Mystery design and just put some touches from his original model on there, with a bit of Awakening's stylizing.

Quote from: Rufure on November 10, 2013, 04:12:58 AM
I'm getting the feeling that they took the New Mystery design and just put some touches from his original model on there, with a bit of Awakening's stylizing.
Yeah I was kinda thinkin that myself actually. It seems they slightly changed some colors from the New Mystery design, his chest plate and shoulder pads are black instead of blue, and his boots are slightly lighter too. All in all I love the way he looks and can't wait to play him again!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: heavyd88 on November 10, 2013, 01:25:14 AM
That's IF he's in the new one, kinda hoping myself but who knows what Sakurai is planning for sure.
Ofcourse he'll be in smash bros. 4 right? right?

Quote from: Linkers on November 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM
Ofcourse he'll be in smash bros. 4 right? right?
...Nothing is certain at this point. Ike IS certainly one of the most popular/successful FE characters of all time, so there's a decent chance he's coming back. He's what brought attention to the Fire Emblem series in North America.

But it's CERTAIN that Chrom is in this game. Sakurai needs to stop teasing us and just reveal him already.

Provided we get 3 FE characters, Ike might just make the cut. But there are plenty of other FE Lords gunning for his spot, that's the problem.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get 4 FE characters, haha. Marth, Chrom, Roy, and Ike.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on November 10, 2013, 10:31:26 PM
...Nothing is certain at this point. Ike IS certainly one of the most popular/successful FE characters of all time, so there's a decent chance he's coming back. He's what brought attention to the Fire Emblem series in North America.

But it's CERTAIN that Chrom is in this game. Sakurai needs to stop teasing us and just reveal him already.

Provided we get 3 FE characters, Ike might just make the cut. But there are plenty of other FE Lords gunning for his spot, that's the problem.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get 4 FE characters, haha. Marth, Chrom, Roy, and Ike.

I wouldn't mind Roy coming back, but I'd rather have Chrom or Ike before him. He'd probably have to get somewhat of a new moveset too.

Honestly, I don't see how Chrom can replace Ike or could have replaced Marth because for one thing, Chrom is probably stronger than Marth, but he uses the exact same sword, so he wouldn't have the overall physical strength that Ike does along with Ragnell, but he still wouldn't likely have the speed that Marth does since based on his Melee and Brawl style, Marth seems like more of a 'sword fighter' than Chrom if you know what I mean, like maybe Marth would probably do better at fencing or something. That's why I'd want Chrom as a balance between the two in terms of all around attributes. I'm going to hope for those three. I don't see how Awakening can't have a character with all the success it's had either.

...That and I'm doing an album based on its amazing soundtrack for crying out loud!  :P

I still hope for Lucina or Ike to be in smash 4....
Also Smash 4 Marth looks AWESOME.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Amarythe on November 10, 2013, 10:31:26 PM
...Nothing is certain at this point. Ike IS certainly one of the most popular/successful FE characters of all time, so there's a decent chance he's coming back. He's what brought attention to the Fire Emblem series in North America.

But it's CERTAIN that Chrom is in this game. Sakurai needs to stop teasing us and just reveal him already.

Provided we get 3 FE characters, Ike might just make the cut. But there are plenty of other FE Lords gunning for his spot, that's the problem.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get 4 FE characters, haha. Marth, Chrom, Roy, and Ike.
I was thinking that Chrom would be in there for sure before they announced Marth but I dunno, I would like to see Lucina too if possible. One of those two should be there considering how popular their game has been, I'm still playing it myself. Roy on the other hand I doubt. It would be nice but I doubt it's happening. They took him out for a reason. Unless they de-clone him he's not joining the roster IMO. A possibility; they could have more FE characters as Assist Trophies. Eh? Eh?


Post Merge: November 11, 2013, 12:51:29 PM

Quote from: Linkers on November 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM
Ofcourse he'll be in smash bros. 4 right? right?
You know it would be awesome to see either Lord Ike, or Vanguard Ike revamped, just to see what they can or would do with his design.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The direction of the art design doesn't look to be aimed at "revamping", actually. If we see Vanguard Ike, he's going to look EXACTLY like his character portrait does. Trust me.

...That would be SO awesome. I want Ike in Smash 4 so damn bad.

Speaking of Vanguard/Lord Ike, something I just want to throw out there: Vert, when you guys are finished with the models I'd be MORE than happy to apply a rim effect to them. I would be able to adjust the textures properly and everything, too.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Me and Satoshi Kura have been working on this for the past few days. Haven't been able to do much texturing since I've had the flu, but this is a general idea, right?



EDIT: and for the record, Smash 4 Marth is a combination of Shadow Dragon and New Mystery designs. His tunic and collar is pure Shadow Dragon, while most other elements are New Mystery.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on November 11, 2013, 11:54:47 PM
Me and Satoshi Kura have been working on this for the past few days. Haven't been able to do much texturing since I've had the flu, but this is a general idea, right?



EDIT: and for the record, Smash 4 Marth is a combination of Shadow Dragon and New Mystery designs. His tunic and collar is pure Shadow Dragon, while most other elements are New Mystery.