Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I've been wanting to show these off for a while now :0


Nephenee - Ramon and Wolfric are doing the hard stuff, I made the textures. I believe Ramon is done with the rigging. I just have some minor texture work to do. Plus she needs facial expressions. Maybe some recolors.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Lucina - Vert and Shun's Lucina model. Wolfric's rigging her and I'm doing some textures. I've been messing with the textures and altering the UVs off and on for a few months and I'm nearly done. I also vertexed the mask. Specifically the nose part. Might make some recolors for her, too.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Holy sh!t that's gorgeous.

Although, Lucina's eyes seem... off somehow.
They don't look bad, quite the contrary, but they just seem a little out of place.

Well, I'm comparing it to this anyways:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Other than that, hype for those fine pieces of work.

:patrick:

I'm at a of words...
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: SJS on March 26, 2013, 05:04:50 AM
I've been wanting to show these off for a while now :0

Nephenee -

Lucina -
These things make me happy.

I am also going to assume her left eye is going to sport the brand before it's all done.


Quote from: SJS on March 26, 2013, 05:04:50 AM
I've been wanting to show these off for a while now :0


Nephenee - Ramon and Wolfric are doing the hard stuff, I made the textures. I believe Ramon is done with the rigging. I just have some minor texture work to do. Plus she needs facial expressions. Maybe some recolors.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Lucina - Vert and Shun's Lucina model. Wolfric's rigging her and I'm doing some textures. I've been messing with the textures and altering the UVs off and on for a few months and I'm nearly done. I also vertexed the mask. Specifically the nose part. Might make some recolors for her, too.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nice work! I like the overall look of the new texture Lucina uses (it's amazing that you turned the original cartoony style of the textures to a fitting brawl style, just like Shun did with Marth - and amazing work in the Falchion!-), except her eyes and her armor. I think the eyes are out of place, they don't fit with the rest of the model. You should try to make them following the style of Yusuke Kozaki, the artist behind the designs of No More Heroes and Fire Emblem Awakening. Also try adding some eyelashes and make them darker, they look too bright. She's also missing her birthmark.
Oh, and Lucina seems to be flipped. She's right handed (well, at least my model, Awakening hasn't been released yet so I don't really know...) and her belts and sheath are pointing the wrong direction.
About her armor, the model looks somewhat off... If you want, I can remake it, now that I have more references I can make a better model to reflect better her character design, and send it to you. What do you think?
I can even try to make
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I hope you won't have much trouble retexturing the end of her arms, the UVs were a bit messy in that area
-------
About Nephenee, she looks awesome, just make the eyes a bit darker.


-------


I made a bit of progress on awakening Roy. Finished the bandana, added some belts and more stuff. Here are some previews, keep in mind that the textures are just placeholders.









SJS, AWESOME Lucina work, man. That Falchion especially, considering it gave me so many problems (and I didn't have a good idea of how to texture steel at the time). Love what you've done with her, man.

Nephenee is also astounding. It makes me glad I'm an FE fan.

@Vert
Roy...I have been practicing for the day I must work on him again. That said, his new textures will look at least as good as Marth's, I assure you.

Also, this is random, but I had been considering making a new FE series logo inspired by the mark of the Exalt. Anyone interested?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on March 26, 2013, 03:58:21 PM
Also, this is random, but I had been considering making a new FE series logo inspired by the mark of the Exalt. Anyone interested?

I've been fiddling with that idea myself, made a kind of half-assed for my own personal use in P:M. But seeing one from someone with texture skills such as yours would be very nice. Very interested here!

that's freakin beautiful SJS!  *tear*   all of it.

it's also niice to see progress on Roy. he's getting there.

wh00t. looking forward to these 3's completion. they look ultra niice so far.  :D

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it really helps.

Quote from: Rufure on March 26, 2013, 05:13:29 AM
Holy sh!t that's gorgeous.

Although, Lucina's eyes seem... off somehow.
They don't look bad, quite the contrary, but they just seem a little out of place.

Well, I'm comparing it to this anyways:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Other than that, hype for those fine pieces of work.

Woah, that's such a helpful reference to have. Thanks!

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 26, 2013, 05:17:42 AM
:patrick:

I'm at a of words...

But those are words :I

Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 26, 2013, 06:06:29 AM
These things make me happy.

I am also going to assume her left eye is going to sport the brand before it's all done.

Yup, the brand is there in the PSD file. I just like it better without the brand.

Quote from: Vert092 on March 26, 2013, 03:04:12 PM
Nice work! I like the overall look of the new texture Lucina uses (it's amazing that you turned the original cartoony style of the textures to a fitting brawl style, just like Shun did with Marth - and amazing work in the Falchion!-), except her eyes and her armor. I think the eyes are out of place, they don't fit with the rest of the model. You should try to make them following the style of Yusuke Kozaki, the artist behind the designs of No More Heroes and Fire Emblem Awakening. Also try adding some eyelashes and make them darker, they look too bright. She's also missing her birthmark.
Oh, and Lucina seems to be flipped. She's right handed (well, at least my model, Awakening hasn't been released yet so I don't really know...) and her belts and sheath are pointing the wrong direction.
About her armor, the model looks somewhat off... If you want, I can remake it, now that I have more references I can make a better model to reflect better her character design, and send it to you. What do you think?
I can even try to make
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I hope you won't have much trouble retexturing the end of her arms, the UVs were a bit messy in that area
-------
About Nephenee, she looks awesome, just make the eyes a bit darker.

Just Googled Yusuke Kozaki, this oughta be helpful. I've always loved her work even though I had no idea who she was. And the ends of the arms were giving me some problems. Haven't tried messing with the UVs yet though.

And I'd love it if you redid the armor.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Shun_One on March 26, 2013, 03:58:21 PM
SJS, AWESOME Lucina work, man. That Falchion especially, considering it gave me so many problems (and I didn't have a good idea of how to texture steel at the time). Love what you've done with her, man.

Nephenee is also astounding. It makes me glad I'm an FE fan.

Thanks! Once everything is said and done, I can send you the files if you want to put your texture over her.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on March 26, 2013, 09:47:34 PM
Woah, that's such a helpful reference to have. Thanks!

No problem, I'm no good at this stuff myself, so I try to help in any way I can. Also, the FE wiki has some good scans from the Awakening artbook already (which is where that image came from) and could probably help out with any future projects from you guys.

Here's that FE franchise icon I was working on.
48x48 for info.pac:
64x64 for common5:

Quote from: SJS on March 26, 2013, 09:47:34 PM
Thanks! Once everything is said and done, I can send you the files if you want to put your texture over her.
Sure, I'd definitely like to do that!

Speaking of which, mind if I borrow your Falchion texture for Chrom?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I feel that icon should be a bit wider.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Shun_One on March 26, 2013, 10:46:37 PM
Here's that FE franchise icon I was working on.
48x48:
64x64:
Sure, I'd definitely like to do that!

Speaking of which, mind if I borrow your Falchion texture for Chrom?

Beautiful icons are beautiful. But they seem compressed somewhat.

Also, I'm wondering: Will the new Falchion will ever be rigged onto Awakening Marth?
And
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

...I know not what you two are speaking of. It looks fine.

Ninja'd my post
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Yup, the icon looks fine to me. May I ask where you traced it off of?