Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Shun_One on March 26, 2013, 11:10:32 PM
...I know not what you two are speaking of. It looks fine.

Ninja'd my post
Ninja my ass.




You can't Kellam this one.
Not even deleting can save you, tovarich.


New eyes. Better, I hope.



Also fixed her pits.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


While Lucina looks absolutely fantastic, the eyes are still a bit... Uh... Disturbing, maybe?

Since, from the looks of it, you're going for a more realistic tone in texture, perhaps you should shrink the eyes or something?
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: SJS on March 27, 2013, 04:26:31 AM
New eyes. Better, I hope.


I'd say a step in the right direction, perhaps they should be rotated a slight bit?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Something along those lines, just ya know, better and less half-assed.

much better. i think the thing that still throws them "off" is the rotation. looking at that huge image Rufure posted a page ago, you'll noticed her eyes look more "relaxed" at the outer edges.

so i'd say, either widen the edges or rotate them so they look more "relaxed" and "horizontal".

Edit - niice, Rufure provided pretty good visual aid there.

I agree. Her eyes look really good, but still slightly... off. Still, great work so far!

It's the distance between the eyes. They need to be set further apart. Rule of thumb is basically give a character about the width of an eye between the eyes. And a very subtle down twist on the corners helps, too.



Cool cool cool. Thanks for all the helpful feedback. This is the final version of the eyes. I'm happy with it, and I really need to focus on finishing the rest of the texture XD

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on March 27, 2013, 05:57:56 PM
Cool cool cool. Thanks for all the helpful feedback. This is the final version of the eyes. I'm happy with it, and I really need to focus on finishing the rest of the texture XD

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Perfection

Now I'm nothing but pure hype for this release, can't wait.

On a side note, I just saw the artwork for the Awakening soundtrack(5 discs, woah) and guess what beauty is featured on said artwork?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now this is better. I like the eyelashes ^^
Great job on her arm texture as well! I'm already working on the armor, once I'm done I'll send it to you.

The eyes are looking better! A few suggestions:

1. I'm using Marth's eyes as a reference here, but the eyes might look a bit better as a slightly darker colour.

2. Size wise, I think they just need to be a bit less wide.

3. Minor thing, but might help achieve a more "Brawl-style" look. Try flipping the side the light reflection is on, I noticed it was on the other side on the Brawl Marth model. A second, smaller reflection under the large one might be a good idea too.

All together, something like this. (The right eye, I got lazy and didn't edit the left)


And here are some (low quality) screens of her ingame model, they might help with positioning and size.
Probably not, I tried!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

IMO the only problem left with the eyes is the actual curvature of them.. They're too drastic currently so I've taken the last post and edited the image to show what would make the eyes improve:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see I used lines to show the curve from the edges of the eyes and how extreme it actually is. The other eye is the one I changed and the best way to notice the difference is by looking at the one on Lucina's face. Well.. if her eyes never become perfect we can always use the masked version xD
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

It seems everyone is messing with her eyes. >.>
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Alses on March 28, 2013, 03:04:34 AMIMO the only problem left with the eyes is the actual curvature of them.. They're too drastic currently so I've taken the last post and edited the image to show what would make the eyes improve:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
As you can see I used lines to show the curve from the edges of the eyes and how extreme it actually is. The other eye is the one I changed and the best way to notice the difference is by looking at the one on Lucina's face. Well.. if her eyes never become perfect we can always use the masked version xD

This one looks perfect