Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Friesnchip on February 26, 2015, 06:58:59 PM
I didn't realize she was so young, that makes more sense then. Well, regarding my other comment I believe the legs do still need some attention.


I think the model is over emphasizing the hind muscles and forming an irregular curvature in the front before reaching the shins.
You are completely right, I haven't noticed it before. I don't know if that error was in mhy first model, might've happened when adapting the model to marth's skeleton. Already fixed.

Also modified a bit the hair texture and made it a bit darker, fixed the UV maps on the sheath (didn't notice that dark line before), fixed a weird vertex on her cape and made her arms a bit wider. Tell me what you think:






The leg issue has definitely been fixed, legs look a lot better now. Maybe the ankles can be thinned out some. Also, the arms look long-ish, though if that's to fit Marth's skeleton it is easily forgivable.
The model as a whole looks astounding, and the textures are great as well. I am impressed considering I haven't ever posted here and seen this model.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

I think the reason the arms look long is because Lucina's upperbody is relatively narrow.



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

There's also that.
Actually, I don't think anyone's body CAN be that narrow. Maybe widen it a bit so that it's not as wide as her head.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

I agree that narrowing the ankles and widening the body would probably help equalize the proportions.

And not that this is a fault of the model itself, but I've noticed Lucina's forehead looks off without a shadow being cast by her hair. Would texturing that in be an possible improvement?

Yeah, her hair looks awkward without casting a shadow, I'm sure it could be textured in. I think that's how it works on Marth's model.
That aside I'm excited to see this model nearing completion, great work.

I won't change the body because it might affect the shoulders and also the rig, but I textured the hair shadow. Also improved a lot the hair texture and started some recolors. I don't plan to do all of them, only the ones I use the most in Smash for 3DS and some custom ones. Already finished Tikicina, and my custom Chromcina is nearing completion. I plan to do Owaincina next, then release.












These textures are incredible. Really good work.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

That Chrom one looks awesome. Nice job.

One request... if it's not too much trouble... is I'd ask for the Cordelia red recolor from Smash 4. It's my favorite color of my favorite girl from the game. If not that's fine.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May I toss in a suggestion for Tiki Lucina?

The Smash 4 color based off of her had a pretty nice touch to her textures, involving her cape emblem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It might be a nice touch for yours as well! The thing is, of course, mirrored on the Smash 4 model (and is present on both the Wii U and 3DS variations).


While I'm posting here, I remembered that I had a decent Fire Emblem Brawl thing that I've been working on:


He'll be released when the newest Smash 3 Marth is, for those of you want a good alt of Marth to go alongside his revamped look.

You can see the recolors on DeviantArt here: http://fav.me/d8iw94g

I'm not entirely sure how to react to that.

All I know is that the arm textures look godly while the leg textures are not as godly. I'm sure this is because of how they're mapped, but I can't help but feel like it'd be perfect if they looked more clear.

It doesn't look like he has any muscle definition on his arms or legs at all. I think texturing some in would do him some good so he doesn't look like a doll. It takes strength to weild a sword as effortlessly as he does. I'm not saying Smash 4 Ike muscles... or Captain Falcon muscles... but something to make him not look so flat. He may be a prince... and be called girly... but he's still a man, and a knight. He should have the physique of one.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SatoshiKura on March 02, 2015, 07:39:13 AM
-snip-

Good lord.

Even with the points mentioned about muscle definition, this costume is absolutely wonderful.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

The muscle definition was something I considered doing, but honestly, I don't know how to pull it off on the model itself, with all its wonky mapping. I had to do some major UV editing to get things looking even remotely correct.
As for his leg texture, the texture itself is the same size as the original Mar02 (256 x 256). That's why it doesn't look quite as good as the arms in the render.

Quote from: SatoshiKura on March 05, 2015, 04:40:16 AM
The muscle definition was something I considered doing, but honestly, I don't know how to pull it off on the model itself, with all its wonky mapping. I had to do some major UV editing to get things looking even remotely correct.
As for his leg texture, the texture itself is the same size as the original Mar02 (256 x 256). That's why it doesn't look quite as good as the arms in the render.

Muscle definition isn't that hard to do. Just look at Ike in the new Smash or anyone with muscles.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302