KnightMario's sweet models: Just Some 3DS Stuff

Started by KnightMario, April 26, 2012, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sorry but I've been busy messing with Starwaffle's Paper Mario over G&W, I've been trying to get him more parts like blinking eyes and stuff, but the black part is acting up, I might forget about it, I will for sure work on Classic Silver this weekend, that's for sure, but I might not get to it tonight. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

okay.
and I wouldn't go for eye movement/blinking on game and watch.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 04, 2012, 01:12:51 AM
Sorry but I've been busy messing with Starwaffle's Paper Mario over G&W, I've been trying to get him more parts like blinking eyes and stuff, but the black part is acting up, I might forget about it, I will for sure work on Classic Silver this weekend, that's for sure, but I might not get to it tonight. :P
thats... not possible on G&W

it is, but it'll take a while.
have a blink and half for each eye, scale 0 except when blinking which scale is one.
you can animate G and W.
thanks for checking my thread, having YOU here is pretty cool.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on May 04, 2012, 02:15:36 AM
it is, but it'll take a while.
have a blink and half for each eye, scale 0 except when blinking which scale is one.
you can animate G and W.
thanks for checking my thread, having YOU here is pretty cool.
o rly? i thought he was impossible to animate lol

ive been stopping by every day just to see what you're up to ;)

Oh no its possible, I just don't know how nintendo made it so his animations aren't jacked up in game. Because in most of his animations, G&W does a bunch of crazy translations between each of the "frames" for his animations, the ones that show in-game. But when I made a custom wait animation for PM, like you would any other character, it plays the full aniamtions smoothly in game. I'm just going to do the animations, and then maybe try to get blinking eyes and stuff later because the black polygons for PM's outline started giving me trouble when I exported the model as a dae, made edits, and then imported it back as a dae. The black polygons kept showing infront of PM's head and body. Now I plan on this to be used with Starwaffles first version, I might try to edit it so it has some of the things from v2 (recolors), but it won't have recolors so he'll have the great quality. Plus I only had one other textrue I wanted to use with it, and it was a Luigi one I made, he's green with an "L", but it'll be like an extra texture. It's going to strongly based of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so the animations and attacks will be those from PM2. I'll work on Classic Silver tomorrow. ;)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

nano, srsly?
that's very nice of you.
and to fix the paper mario model glitch invert the black parts normals or make the scale -1. one of them should work.
I hope silver works!
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

hey Knightmario im back

just wanted to tell you......idk why
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Quote from: -SSJ gogeta- on May 04, 2012, 05:57:00 PM
hey Knightmario im back

just wanted to tell you......idk why
*facepalm*
it's nice to say, but try adding something else.
or else it's just spam.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on May 04, 2012, 02:58:21 AMnano, srsly? that's very nice of you. and to fix the paper mario model glitch invert the black parts normals or make the scale -1. one of them should work. I hope silver works!
I tried iverting the normals, and actually only the black around his shoes and arms&gloves worked. The others didn't change whenever I inverted the normals, and I tried multiple times, and yet it didn't work.
@Mephiles In the Paper Mario series, there are things I like in Paper Mario, and then ones from The Thousand-Year Door, and things from Super Paper Mario. I like Bowser more in the first one because I liked the way he looked when he talked and stuff, if they could've had him do the same motions while still have the nice quality, then he'd be great for me. But then again the Hi Res textures for the Paper Mario rom pretty much solve the problem for me. XD I like Mario more in Paper Mario TTYD, although he has about the same qulaity in SPM (Maybe better because the textures are actually kinda crappy if you look at the Spriter's Resource, and after looking at that you can see roughly in the actual game.), but in SPM, Mario's hat is a bit lower and Mario seems a bit happier in PM2. Now I love the M&L and PM series for their humor, storyline, and RPG battles.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

any luck with the models I sent?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: Mephiles on May 04, 2012, 09:22:14 PM
Spam, spam everywhere! And about Paper Mario, am I the only one who really liked the way he looked in the first game?

What's wrong with the other ones?


Quote from: KnightMario on May 04, 2012, 09:51:54 PMany luck with the models I sent?
Well for some reason his long right spike has a reversed normal that doesn't won't to change. The spike's textrue is see-though, and nothing I do fixes it. :P I'm still working on, and no that's not the only thing left. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Mephiles on May 04, 2012, 10:48:50 PM
Meh, somethin 'bout the way he changed that I didn't like.

Post Merge: May 04, 2012, 11:58:19 PM

Who likes the way this looks? >.>

It's okay, but there's already some very good textures out there.
I'm making mephiles for my classic shadow.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

there's no pretty much.
it is or it isn't.
for mephiles, all I need is a little head revamp and the sphere and he's done.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P