Make Yourself Into A Brawl Character!!

Started by mariokart64n, June 10, 2012, 04:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

June 10, 2012, 04:33:01 AM Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:09:23 AM by mariokart64n
A free program called "123D CATCH" http://www.123dapp.com/catch takes a series of photos and stitches them together into a full 3D model!

I've been messing with it for the last few weeks, and for a free program it isn't half bad ^_^
Thought I would share this little treasure with the rest of you guys. I'm going to be trying to port myself into brawl ^_^

You can see CATCH was able to reconstruct a 3D scene, just from a variety of 40 photos take around me.



I'm happy with the amount of detail that CATCH was able to capture from my images.


The unfortunate thing, is that the models are too large for brawl to use.
So I've been modeling a low mesh in 3dsmax, to transfer the texture over to.


Here are some PVC figures I used CATCH on aswell. I had planned to port them to brawl... but it would be easier just to model from from scratch. rather then trying to Tpose a slop of vertices :\

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

o.o
Umm... might wanna spoiler some of these pictures.

On another note, this seems like something interesting. Could result in some neat things.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Interesting.....I can imagine custom models being easily made with this.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Wow. This could be used very well if the textures are fairly easy to transfer over.
I have a bunch of old action figures that can easily be T-Posed.

June 10, 2012, 04:24:14 PM #4 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:25:31 PM by FallenKing
Aww yeah! I wanna make an import and PSA of myself! Lol


Its easy to take the textures from the CATCH capture and copy it over to my newly modeled mesh (Lowpoly)
in 3dsmax just press "0" to bring up texture baking. Texture baking will allow you to transfer textures or shading from one object to another. I use it for making normal maps from a high res model to a low res model.. or in the above case I can take its textures.

This technique is also great if you want to add real reflections to your model, and bake it into a single diffuse.

In this example below I baked the normal map and spec map into Rayne's Diffuse


Notice before where the leather was just solid black, after baking the highlights and subtle details from the normal/spec map appear into the diffuse. This is important when porting a current gen model from say xbox360, to a older gen system like brawl on the wii..
There is evidence that the MDL0 format has support for normal maps and spec maps. But nobody here knows how to get them to work with brawl unfortunately..
Until then texture baking is a must for experienced model porters.
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

ouah awesome this lol all the guys of the forum in brawl for do team it would be cool  :)

so does texture baking reduce the hassle of uv editing so that u can use the textures of one object to another?

Sounds awesome I want some of old toys in brawl but first I need to be able to import learning it now.





I do accept requests for recolours.

June 10, 2012, 09:23:22 PM #10 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:25:09 PM by mariokart64n
Quote from: mr.mugenwii on June 10, 2012, 06:56:56 PM
so does texture baking reduce the hassle of uv editing so that u can use the textures of one object to another?

UV editing is important.. I could get into the topic but it would be a lengthy discussion.
bottom-line, UV space in important it is in direct relation to your texture resolution and the quality and balance of the port into said platform.

texture baking should be used to trasnfer your textures over to a new and better designed UV layout suited best for your target platform

example
2048x2048 texture = OK for xbox360
2048x2048 texture = FAIL for wii

to resolve, shrink the 2048x2048 down... !!problem of resolution, solution, dice your textures.
:: UV Editing Required <- {Important} = Baking is the Tool in this process
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

so baking is used to adapt a texture to a new UV map, right?

and what about in a case when the model your are borrowing textures from already has seperated uv's and textures, does texture baking transfer the uv editing to the new mesh?

I don't understand...how does this work? What exactly is this?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

June 10, 2012, 11:41:59 PM #14 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:44:34 PM by Tawa_Hoda
Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on June 10, 2012, 11:29:26 PM
I don't understand...how does this work? What exactly is this?

Take about 40 - 50 screen shots in a full circle of the object, you can turn what
those screenshots are of into a 3D model on a computer.

Aka what I've awaylys wanted to do with all my toys I used to have.
Till I got rid of 76% of my "stock"  :srs:
[move][/move]