WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM
Wait. 16? I thought the max was 10.

As far as I know, a few characters have extra space. 10 is a number that all of them can reach, but a selected few can go further.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM
Wait. 16? I thought the max was 10.

my bad. not 16, 12. 6 each
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So, now half of basic movement animations (rolling, jumping, walking, running, etc. kind of animations) are done and i figured out what names in SFX ID list mean (i had to use Brawlbox for that, but meh). I would post previews for them. If site im using would work. But i can tell what has been done in text at least:
Turning animations while standing and running;
Stopping during running turn animation;
Jump and landing animations;
Falling after jump animations;
Added correct sounds to jumps, landing, wait 2 and running (needs to be louder).
Soon i will reach attack animations. But i won't be able to show all stuff done in a video like i did before using 4shared until i will fix one major glitch - when moving or even being pushed, he randomly rotates at Y axis. There is also a new one, but less annoying and noticable - his transition between running turn and running turn brake animations is incorrect and he just...don't know how to call it...spasms out (?) for few frames before continuing as he should.
Quote from: Onii-chan on November 12, 2014, 12:53:48 AM
my bad. not 16, 12. 6 each
Only Wario can have 12 colors...right?

Sorry about the double post, but its been a while since i posted previous message.

What have been done since last update:
All basic movement animations;
Jab combo (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dash attack (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side tilt (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All 10 recolors are done now.

Those Ridley animations are looking good!

In all those gifs it is in PM. So is it meant to work with both PM and vBrawl?

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on November 24, 2014, 09:37:49 PMIn all those gifs it is in PM. So is it meant to work with both PM and vBrawl?
Most likely yes. If i will ran out of available space for animations, then only for PM. It is tested only in PM for now.

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on November 24, 2014, 09:39:48 PM
Most likely yes. If i will ran out of available space for animations, then only for PM. It is tested only in PM for now.
Cool. I know I have used different PSA in PM before, but some of them just don't work... The biggest issue is with the air dodge I've found. Like the Goku PSA. It crashes PM if you try and air dodge in a certain way.

November 24, 2014, 09:46:29 PM #1717 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:48:02 PM by Omniscient X
Alright so I've been hard at work despite the lack of the forums so here's whats been done on Nidoking:

Surf:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Stone Edge:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Earth Launch:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


New Lava Version of Earth Power:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've got alot more done in animations I'm working on coding Megahorn right now, more updates to come!
-Omni

November 24, 2014, 09:48:00 PM #1718 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:49:03 PM by Pokemon Master CB
Earth Launch.... I'm really wondering what attack that is... up-b?

Post Merge: November 24, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

That lava also looks better

Earth Launch is Nidoking's grounded Up-B in the air it becomes Rock Thrusters/Storm where a maelstrom of rocks spiral around Nidoking's lower body and lift him up.  A more in depth description is that Rock Storm is great for damaging opponents and it allows for great horizontal recovery but not more than an average vertical recovery.
-Omni

That's cool! So it's a mix of PM Charizards down-b, and Fox's up-b. Am I thinking right on that one?

November 24, 2014, 10:04:37 PM #1721 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:08:41 PM by Omniscient X
Hmmm yes PM Charizard's Down-B could be compared to Earth Launch because they both toss the user into the air, I'm not sure what you mean by Fox's Up-B.  Rock Thrusters/Storm isn't a locked-in movement move, you can essentially fly for a short period of time you just can't fly upwards as well as you can sideways.
-Omni

By Fox up-b I meant that you could angle your direction and that you do damage as you fly through the air. :P

Yes and no you can essentially fly so maybe more towards Pit's Up-B?  Though a much more limited version and the damage is akin to Mach Tornado, however its inverted and spins beneath Nidoking.  It's quite the move though it doesn't last for long and Nidoking suffers serious landing lag.

I must admit I got to watching some Infamous: Second Son gameplay videos to see how this "Concrete Power" looked and it gave me some great ideas for a variety of terrakinetic moves for Nidoking that use Pokemon moves as a base, for example I believe you'll find Stone Edge to be a beautiful breath of fresh air as far as smash attacks function and the fact that it looks awe-inspiring in its full animation and effects.

I've given most moves a great visual update redoing most of the graphic effects so I need to post more progress pics and I've scrapped Giga Impact (despite the fact I finished the move) because I feel it doesn't suit Nidoking's style it seems like more of a Ganondorf Final Smash move than a functional Side-B.  Right now I'm considering Toxic where Nidoking spews a poisonous cloud in front of him dealing continuous damage but no flinching.  If you have suggestions I implore you to post them in the Nidoking thread and I'll have a poll at the end of the week.
-Omni

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 24, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Alright, since KCMM's been down for a while I can post and bump this up lol.

Some Gifs have changed since I've made them:

Up Air - will use sword (I added spinning in BBox)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral Air - will use sword (I added spinning in BBox)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have to rework the Front Smash and then the main PSA (sans Final Smash) will be done.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.