WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 12, 2015, 05:15:51 PM
Wait1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I feel there's not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action in this. Mainly for the body. I'd also mess around with your curves where it starts and ends. There are some cases you'll want to angle those tangents so they aren't flat.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more? I don't quite get what you mean with that.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

January 24, 2015, 04:31:54 PM #1802 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:02:48 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Follow Through and Overlapping Action. Imagine a ball with a tail attached to it. As the ball moves across the air, the tail will follow the balls path. And when the ball changes direction, there is a delay for the tail to follow suit. Normally the tail would go from a C Curve, to an S Curve, to a C Curve in the opposite direction. In the case of the arms, it's more likely to remain a C Curve, but it should be a wider C where an S Curve would normally take place. Basically all I ask of this is to delay when the arms and the head moves, so the body leans forward first, then the mentioned parts will follow.

As for the Keys, look at the graph editor, and look at your bones/control rigs. If you select a key, you can change the angle of the tangents to your liking. When I say look at the beginning/ending keys, the handles for the most part would be completely horizontal. You'll get a smoother loop as a result of changing these angles. So as oppose to a curve like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You'll want a curve like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hope this helps.

Okay, so I said I'd be taking a break and I realized I had more animations to work on...

So...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I suck at capes, so I'll be working on that when I finish with the more important stuff.

KJP suggested adding shaking for when he thrusts his arms out, and also fixing the ending up a bit (making arms and legs follow through). Anything else?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

what's that animation for? entry?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 24, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
what's that animation for? entry?

Up Special for Floating.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think he could squeeze in more when he hugs himself. Looks kinda stiff otherwise.

I was thinking about adding some arm and leg bending before he goes to his pose. Right now, he just relies on tangents to go to the pose and doesn't have anything else going for him.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on January 24, 2015, 04:31:54 PM-snip
So like this?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

January 24, 2015, 05:21:49 PM #1809 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:24:52 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Much better! Loops much more smoothly. It also feels less stiff than it was before!

I like this update. Makes Xeno look more crazy and it fits.

Update



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks much better.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: drogoth on January 24, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
Okay, so I said I'd be taking a break and I realized I had more animations to work on...

So...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I suck at capes, so I'll be working on that when I finish with the more important stuff.

KJP suggested adding shaking for when he thrusts his arms out, and also fixing the ending up a bit (making arms and legs follow through). Anything else?
What, shouldn't cape be animated by wind physics?


Neutral B fireball finally fixed and heavely nerfed (previous version was so easily spammable it was like if Fox's blaster had Pit's arrows' knockback multiplied by 2). It has 3 versions - ground, aerial and alt aerial versions. First one is pretty simple:

I won't show normal aerial version of it because its same as ground version, except done in the air. So, here is alt aerial version:

It has same damage and knockback, but it goes down and creates a small shockwave along with a regular explosion that will launch opponents up and has higher knockback, but lower damage. Shockwave is bigger than in the gif.
Fireball GFX used (its from Meta Ridley, those medium sized because large fireball's glow is visible only at certain angles) should leave a trail of fire on its own without need for extra GFX, but for whatever reasons, only model of it is left when used on Pit's arrows.

January 25, 2015, 03:42:53 AM #1814 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:09:34 PM by drogoth
Quote from: Ridley on January 25, 2015, 02:44:16 AM
What, shouldn't cape be animated by wind physics?

I believe there's an event that disables physics

Post Merge: January 25, 2015, 06:08:03 PM



Really bad concept for Up Air Attack.
I'll be rigging a sword to him Soon TM, no sheath tho.

Some things that I'll do on my own, regardless of critique:

1. Right arm needs work for when it goes to grab the sword hilt (when both hands are in the air)
2. Hip needs downwards rotation to the side when he slashes downwards
3. Arms need to be reworked for when sword is grabbed and both arms start to go up (make it look more like a slash).

Rotation will be included, although I might make him rotate 180 and go back to 0 instead of going to 360.

Any other critique would be fantastic.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.