WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Malfioz on January 28, 2014, 07:06:20 AM
I don't know how to import havok files with Brawlbox, but it's possible to give Mario physics by heavily modifying another character's motionetc files with Mario's.
i hope its possible since im needing it for: Mario(SMBZ moveset with Cape),Pit(Goku´s SSJ3 hair) but pit got physics bones for some parts of his cloth and maybe afew more PSAs
i think i will look into it onces im back to modding again (as i hope i am soon)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
Basicly I'm just renaming the physics bone names using a hex editor.
See the spoiler for more details.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I believe in the video I edited peach' physics from her hair bones (HairAN->DN) to her WaistN->BustN->NeckN->HeadN, which made her look so weird.

I see you're experimenting with physics files......

As you look in a hex editor, you can see that these are maya .mb files, but when opened in Maya even with the appropriate model, nothing happens.

What we need to do is to figure out how to change the base XYZ translations of said physics system so you don't get weird results when changing bones.

Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 29, 2014, 08:45:32 PMAnother Raptor preview. With a twist...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 01, 2014, 06:54:02 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacks: Episode 17- Amy Rose Preview.

Nice work on the PSA but not to
be nit picky, I think some of her animations
could use a little more expression. :)

Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on February 01, 2014, 07:17:43 PMNice work on the PSA but not to
be nit picky, I think some of her animations
could use a little more expression. :)
Her Animations need more than just expressions. They need major polish. Though the Idle pose is good.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Just a little running animation for the metal sonic over wolf PSA. Using Soutcraft's metal sonic over sonic's animation as a base, and I just have to finish fixing the proportions. Not exactly custom, but it is my first animation after all :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on February 01, 2014, 07:38:09 PM
Her Animations need more than just expressions. They need major polish. Though the Idle pose is good.
Kagemaru maid them in like, an hour or something like that. but yeah, i think i can fix them up
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 03, 2014, 02:02:48 AM #1058 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:09:21 AM by JamietheAuraUser
Her Forward Smash or whatever that chargeable hammer attack is needs an animation fix to make the hitboxes actually work properly. Secondly, the Side Special hammer dash ought to have fewer hits with more horizontal knockback. In effect, it should hit once per swing, but each swing should push the foe inescapably into the next swing.

That burying hit needs a LOT of work. Probably have her pull her arm way back and put her whole body into a massive, full-momentum one-handed swing. And have a puff of smoke GFX when her hammer appears or disappears.

Up Special needs more pink tornado, more visible startup (have her make like she's gonna Shoryuken you with her hammer), more actual duration, and a spin-in-place at the top (like Toon Link's Spin Attack in the air). Also, same advice as Side Special: less re-hit rate, more real knockback.

Running animation looks a little awkward, but that idle is pretty good.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: Kagemaru on October 10, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
Making gifs... is really tedious.

basically you have to screen shot each frame in brawlbox... without moving the screen camera. Then paste it into paint or something... then upload all the pictures to a gif making website.... it'll run all the pictures after each other for you which will give the illusion of movement.

At least thats how I make gifs... unless someone knows an easier way to do it

I believe there is a setting in brawlbox. That's how I did it.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on February 03, 2014, 02:02:48 AM
Her Forward Smash or whatever that chargeable hammer attack is needs an animation fix to make the hitboxes actually work properly. Secondly, the Side Special hammer dash ought to have fewer hits with more horizontal knockback. In effect, it should hit once per swing, but each swing should push the foe inescapably into the next swing.

The one with the bigger hammer is the N-B. I have no clue whay it only sometimes works. Looking into that. As for the side special, i coppied it exactly from the Ice Climbers, but i might do that.

QuoteThat burying hit needs a LOT of work. Probably have her pull her arm way back and put her whole body into a massive, full-momentum one-handed swing. And have a puff of smoke GFX when her hammer appears or disappears.
Alright. I could do that

QuoteUp Special needs more pink tornado, more visible startup (have her make like she's gonna Shoryuken you with her hammer), more actual duration, and a spin-in-place at the top (like Toon Link's Spin Attack in the air). Also, same advice as Side Special: less re-hit rate, more real knockback.
The torndao is only there for a bit because the animation is short. I might have Kage edi thte animation to make it longer and such.

QuoteRunning animation looks a little awkward, but that idle is pretty good.

Im not using that. Only the Wait Fall and Specials are changed.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: The Professor on February 04, 2014, 12:57:47 AM
I believe there is a setting in brawlbox. That's how I did it.

You do realize that Kage posted that 2 years ago, right?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Mariodk on January 28, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
i hope its possible since im needing it for: Mario(SMBZ moveset with Cape),Pit(Goku´s SSJ3 hair) but pit got physics bones for some parts of his cloth and maybe afew more PSAs
i think i will look into it onces im back to modding again (as i hope i am soon)
I will recommend using Peach's or Zelda's physics, because the physics are already set to the hair, which makes the process almost done.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 28, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
I see you're experimenting with physics files......

As you look in a hex editor, you can see that these are maya .mb files, but when opened in Maya even with the appropriate model, nothing happens.

What we need to do is to figure out how to change the base XYZ translations of said physics system so you don't get weird results when changing bones.
It seems like they used Maya version 7.0.1, if it helps with anything.
Is it possible to use a Havok plugin for Maya?

I tried that but nothing happened to the scene. Whatever plugin they use must be a special version.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 04, 2014, 01:18:01 AM
The one with the bigger hammer is the N-B. I have no clue whay it only sometimes works. Looking into that. As for the side special, i coppied it exactly from the Ice Climbers, but i might do that.
I just feel like Amy really ought to be a somewhat power-based character, and that the best way to accomplish the feel of that is to emphasize every individual hit, even on multi-hit moves.

QuoteAlright. I could do that

The torndao is only there for a bit because the animation is short. I might have Kage edi thte animation to make it longer and such.
Yeah, the animation definitely ought to be a lot longer. I personally think that the animation ought to end when she stops rising from the momentum boost. That way, there are more actual hits to the move, which will make it usable for actual attacking, and her recovery won't be gimp/edgehog bait.

Quote
Im not using that. Only the Wait Fall and Specials are changed.
Ah, yeah. That clears things up.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."