WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

i hope horn drill isnt an ohko move like in the games xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.
His wings are too big to flap them like during flight while on the ground and it will allow me to make a faster dash attack instead of previous one that went on for too long and broke the pace.
Nice Nidoking. Arms are bigger than on actual Nidokings from what i see, but that is not that bad i guess.

i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 26, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?
I was trying to make him look like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But he should be brighter, like previous model, to better fit Smash 3 style or at least SSB4 style.

Like in Ganondorf's wait2 (or wait3) animation?

He runs at the same speed as in Metroid Other M, just covers less distance because he is smaller. But he walks slowly.

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:22:05 AM*Ridley stuff*
I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM*Nidoking stuff*
The effects look great. Though like Carnage said, I hope it's not a OHKO move. It can be powerful with a lot of endlag, but certainly not a OHKO. Also, make sure to try and polish up your animations skills.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Instead of getting buttmad and insulting users with very bad insults ("Derp." Really?), you should take all forms of critique to heart. Hence that long winded angry rant I made a while ago.

Derp means duh. I wasn't insulting anyone.
President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

October 26, 2014, 02:20:55 PM #1641 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:22:57 PM by KingOfDreamland
Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:22:05 AM
Ridley Stuff

Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Nidoking Stuff

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 26, 2014, 04:01:34 PM #1643 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:05:34 PM by BaganSmashBros
New textures:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model has some shading issues (not as bad as SSB4 Ridley and his glass shading) on stages like Battlefield (he becomes very dark as if light source is right above him). Not much else can be done since i will have to edit all bone references on the right side and that will take a while. For now, im further modifying the model and testing some coding stuff i know using very simple animations.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:54:07 PM
I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.
What exactly you mean by this? I want to make sure he doesn't covers too much area when he is standing or walking, so, tail is limited to left-to-right and right-to-left movement during those.
Arm shaking will be added later.
Quote from: Shulk on October 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.
It is based off Metroid Prime 3 Omega Ridley walking animation shown during cutscene, but less hunched over because he has long arms. What exactly bothers you about it?

Quote from: Shulk on October 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:01:34 PM*More Ridley stuff*
Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.

I'm just suggesting to put it at a very low chance to actually OHKO.

I completely agree that OHKO moves on normal moves is OP, but think about how fun it would be when you use Horn Drill on your friends all match and nothing happens.

Then the next game, the first horn drill you hit insta-kills your friend. And then never happens again because of it's low occurrence. You could even set it so that it can only OHKO once a match.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 26, 2014, 04:12:43 PM #1647 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:16:25 PM by BaganSmashBros
Quote from: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.
Then something like G&W's Judge special could work - low chance of happening, but if it does, then it deals high knockback.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 04:05:31 PM
Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.
Super Metroid design has proportions that won't look good on a small Ridley, so, i won't be able to use much from its design that isn't present on Other M model. And i can't do the modeling stuff other than moving verticles in BB.

It looks like that from the side. But since SSB is 2.5D, i will add move movement at tail's base.

October 26, 2014, 04:54:39 PM #1648 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:36:08 PM by KingOfDreamland
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 02:20:55 PM
Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.

Thank you.
President of Fanincapse. Chillin' and making PSA of Smash 4.

Thanks guys so I have Horn Drill set up so its similar to Metaknight's Drill Rush, Nidoking runs forward as long the B-Button is held, dealing continuous damage (It's 1% every 20 frames) so it racks up pretty quick but I buffed the DI on the move so opponents can get out of it and not suffer more than 5-7%.  Also there's a relatively strong knockback-based hitbox that pulses randomly every 30 frames that deals 8%.  So its not a OHKO, not even close, but it's chance is around 60% to 40%, the latter being the chance it'll occur. 

I'll have some updates in a couple days with Ice Beam and Thunder (which are his two N-B moves via move swapping) hopefully I get Earth Power up and running soon too.

Also WTF is up with Bowser's Actions I'm literally so turned around right now lol.
-Omni