WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 09, 2015, 10:54:46 PM #1935 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:56:26 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 09, 2015, 09:26:33 PM
Left:


I don't like the silhouette on the start and end frames... I think angling it would do you better.

Amazing otherwise.

April 09, 2015, 11:34:39 PM #1936 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:00:34 AM by Anarchy Panty (Br3)
I think he spends too little time on the actual charging pose... Just compare to the in-game animation:

Keep Master Sword using Din's Fire

But since it's a WIP, it's OK
And also the coreography is really smoothly animated. Good work!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


April 10, 2015, 01:33:13 AM #1937 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:49:27 PM by TheShyGuy
Oh, thanks for the clear reference, Br3! Dins Fire is so much different than what I remember (I haven't looked at a ref since about a year ago and went off what I started =/ ) I might make an alternate animation afterwards since it's different enough.

Thanks for the crits, I'll take it all into account went I make more progress.

___

Quote
How do you always get the arm swaying to look so nice?

By making sure that they follow a smooth motion without noticeable jittering - attention arcs.

Quote
It's a shame you're not making psas,
I don't mind doing requests for PSA-ers, but that'll have to wait until the summer.  Though, I failed to complete requests the last time. It was so frustrating because I couldn't get the quality animation I was happy with.

Copy + Paste OP. Better nerf Greninja.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on April 09, 2015, 07:22:30 PMI come bearing previews of Deoxys. A huge thanks to Theytah for doing the shader, material, texture, and model work for me.

Normal Form (Take note that both the arms and tentacles are visible in this preview, as shaders were the top priority at the moment)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Attack Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Defense Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Speed Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Would it be safe to assume that it's his X/Y boneset? If so, I applaud you for having the patience to do a whole character with all animations and such.

Yes, it's the X/Y skeleton. But I haven't done any animating yet. Only a simple pose for testing purposes. I still have model work to do.

Due to Brawl's limitations, I cannot have true transformation between four characters in one, so I have to put all four forms onto the same skeleton and use model changers.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Model changers?... How would that work? Would that just be like having the 4 directions of his taunts turn him into different forms, or what? I'm trying to figure out some PSA stuff, but that seems like quite a feat and amazing if you can pull it off. ;)

I'll know what to do, as I've used the exact same method for Solo Charizard.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: PMCB on April 11, 2015, 01:01:41 AM
Model changers?... How would that work? Would that just be like having the 4 directions of his taunts turn him into different forms, or what? I'm trying to figure out some PSA stuff, but that seems like quite a feat and amazing if you can pull it off. ;)

Model changers is essentially setting a switch to turn the visibility of a bone on or off.

Do you know how Link "puts away" his sword and shield when he fires his bow?
They actually just get turned invisible and then the sword and shield on his back become visible.

Then after he's shot the arrow, the reverse happens: sword and shield on back become invisible and the sword and shield in his hands become visible.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Does he have extra bones in his arms?

Who? Link?

Yeah, he has bones for his Shield and Sword.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 11, 2015, 07:23:51 AM #1946 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:32:52 AM by Malfioz
No, I meant Deoxys, because the arms look smoothly bent.

Quote from: Malfioz on April 11, 2015, 07:23:51 AM
No, I meant Deoxys, because the arms look smoothly bent.

O

I c
How rude. Jk, but I think he's using the rig from x/Y. Although I could be wrong.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yes, they're using the X/Y rig. But that is unfortunately going to change, as I'm going to have to put all four forms onto one skeleton, due to Brawl's limitations (I can't have a transforming character with 4 characters in one, so I gonna have to do what I did for Solo Charizard), which is going to require re-rigging.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Is "Necro Posting" a thing here in the workshop?

Anyway,
I've been working on this and it still needs some fluid looping...
I don't know if I can do these animations alone.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.