WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Look at this totally legit leak, everyone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

! No longer available
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


This isn't the thread for that. This is a thread to show in progress PSA work. Not stuff in planning.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 17, 2016, 04:51:16 PM
This isn't the thread for that. This is a thread to show in progress PSA work. Not stuff in planning.
oh sorry

He needs no introduction
Cloud Strife in the style of Smash 4!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side Tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Up Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Forward Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Finishing Touch(Limit charged Down B)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Any Advice/Critiques would be appreciated other then the Slidy Feet issue on a few of them...I'm aware of that and may or may not fix it.

PSN:Undead_Baan
My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

You have the general idea down, you just need to give the animations polish. There's a lot of foot sliding and jittering.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

February 05, 2016, 11:42:34 PM #1986 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:12:32 PM by Large Leader
It's looking pretty good considering it's BrawlBx.

The animations don't look very dynamic, try to move all the bones around in keyframes. It can go a long way to helping an animation look more organic.

I would highly recommend fixing foot sliding, it looks really bad in the grand scheme of things.

I noticed in the FThrow that you used Ike's Nair landing animation for the ending. I'd recommend making your own landing animation. It will really help set it apart from other animations.

I would also highly recommend bending the arm during a swing. Stiff arms are difficult (if not impossible) to keep while swinging swords. Much less a giant sword the size of your own body.

Good job.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Pretty good job on the Cloud. Take the advice from the fellas up here and you'll see your animations will be top notch in no time.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
Even KJP 0_o
I kid, I kid
There's one more animation that I did a while ago that I know doesn't look quite right but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is aside from two things(I know the left arm jitters a lot and the foot sliding here is intentional to show momentum since its a Dash Attack)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

PSN:Undead_Baan
My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

To help on how to go at your animations, since you're re-creating Sm4sh Cloud is to go Frame by Frame (at least the 1/4th option in Training Mode) with each animation you're going to re-create and see how it moves.

Alternatively, you can view the actual animations themselves if you have Ohana Rebirth, alongside Smash 3DS Cloud's model and animations, but I haven't found his 3DS files yet.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Having recreated Smash U animations from scratch myself a few times for Roy, I know how much it can take to make them look right. The options above from KJP are very good ones. They definitely help quite a lot.

As for the Dash Attack animation. The whole of his body twitches at the end of the slide... I know why, but you should look to try and rework or clean up that ending. Also try to animate the legs and feet stepping/shifting back into position.

Out of all the other animations you've posted, Finishing Touch needs the most work. He doesn't step forward during the move. He quickly spins in place twice. Over exaggeration in the arms, waist, and bust would help the look of the move. It looks too stiff as of right now.

I hope you can improve on these. So far you got the base stuff down pretty well. Keep it up.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wow, are those animations ported or custom? Aside from Side Tilt (looks kinda shaky, so I'm assuming custom), everything looks really spot on.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 14, 2016, 01:53:44 PM
Wow, are those animations ported or custom? Aside from Side Tilt (looks kinda shaky, so I'm assuming custom), everything looks really spot on.

Well, both, kinda. (but mostly ported)
At first, KTH and I wanted to port the animations on Brawl's skeleton but since we weren't able to do that, I've ripped Shulk's model from SSB3ds and ported it into the game (with his original boneset) and ported his 3ds animation as well.

But... when we realized that doing this would make the FitMotion's filesize explode, KTH remade the animations by using the ripped ones as a base. (which is the reason why some animation need more work, like the Side Tilt which was made really quickly and some others fixes have to be made, like when Shulk goes from the Win animation to the WinWait)

If you're using the actual 3DS skeleton, I would advise you against that, as your skeleton requires Brawl rotations for things like getting thrown.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]