Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Need help putting Scott Pilgrim into Brawl.  (Read 4777 times)
sakamichi
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »

Eh... I probably worded that horribly, sorry! >_<

Well, anyways, I downloaded the Scott Pilgrim files and have absolutely no idea of what to do next. Well I know I have to put them on my SD card or something. d:

I use USB Loader, USB Loader GX, and Wiiflow to play Brawl. Will I still be able to play as Scott (and other characters)?

Agh, sorry. These feel like really "noob-ish" questions. But I am a noob so, yeah. ._.

If you could help me out, like step by step (in a way that a noob like me could understand) that woudld be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance~! :'D

carbuncle700
Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »

If you're using an ISO loader of any type, you must modify the ISO itself with WiiScrubber and replace the files manually. Make sure to make a backup of your unmodified ISO before editing any files in it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:15:15 PM by carbuncle700 » Logged

sakamichi
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

Thanks for responding. ^^

What do you mean by "modify the ISO itself with WiiScrubber and replace the files manually."? What am I modifying exactly and what files am I replacing? :0

Mareeo 64
Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »

Ok, first there is Fit(character name).pac, which is the file that has the data for the moveset, then there's fit(character name)**.pac, and/or fit(character name)**.pcs. the ** should be renamed to a specific value to correspond with the specific slot of a character's costumes.

So, "00" would be the character's first slot, or the main/default color of a character.
    "01" is the next slot. See, the numbers correspond with how many times you press on the character to change their costume. So, then there's 02, 03, 04, and 05. (unless the character you're replacing has more/less than six slots, such as Wario[12 slots], or pikachu[I believe he has only 4 slots])
    so in the download for scott pilgrim (I'm assuming it's replacing Lucas) you'll get the files listed above, plus  the following file:

FitLucasMotionEtc.pac

this file contains the data for the model to work correctly with the PSA. (I'm actually not an expert on the motionEtc file, but that's basically what it does). If you don't have the motion file, then the PSA won't work properly, and vice versa.

anyway you should have:

FitLucas.pac
    FitLucas00.pac and/or FitLucas00.pcs
    FitLucas01.pac and/or FitLucas01.pcs
    FitLucas02.pac and/or FitLucas02.pcs
    FitLucas03.pac and/or FitLucas03.pcs
    FitLucas04.pac and/or FitLucas04.pcs
    FitLucas05.pac and/or FitLucas05.pcs
    FitLucasMotionEtc.pac

Now, If the download included pcs files the correspond with the pac files, then they are essential to ensure the new Scott Pilgrim custumes work properly.

after you're sure you have the necessary files, they need to be placed properly on your SD card. Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with WiiScrubber, so I can't help you there.

carbuncle700
    Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »

From what info you've provided, you seem to be playing Brawl with an ISO loader, is that correct? If so, then you can't use Riivolution or Gecko to load custom files as they don't support ISO loaders. Instead, you will need to download WiiScrubber which is a special program for replacing/editing files in Wii games.
    Is this the case?

EDIT:
    @mareeo64
    Sorry about any mixup but I was actually referring to sakamichi's situation
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:48:36 PM by carbuncle700 » Logged

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »

No, actually I use Riivolution, and sometimes Gecko. Gecko and riivo use this setup. Gecko is:

SD:/Private/Wii/app/RSBE/PF/Fighter, Menu, menu2, info, info2, stage, module, sound, toy, etc.

and Gecko requires a file patch code in the codes folder of your SD card to patch your hacks.

and for ShadowSnake's Riivo loader it's
    SD:/Brawlmods/*music*, *movies*, vBrawl, SSB4, BrawlMinus, BrawlPlus, [a few others]/fighter, menu, etc.

Riivo has a slightly different setup than Gecko. It doesn't need the File Patch code, but you need an XML file made for Brawl. It comes with ShadowSnake's Riivo loader, and other loaders.

As for WiiScrubber, you'll have to ask someone w/ more experience how to set that up.

sakamichi
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:46 PM »

@carbuncle700: Yeah, I'm using an ISO loader. Is there any other way? Preferably a simpler way? I have no clue what to do with WiiScrubber. :/

carbuncle700
    Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »

That's the only way that I'm really familiar with that works in ISO loaders. The only methods for loaders that I know about all involve modifying the ISO itself (like this); I don't think there's an ISO loader that will read custom files from an SD card either. I could explain Wiiscrubber if you need help with it.
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:17:20 PM by carbuncle700 » Logged

sakamichi
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »

Oh, alright. Could you explain it for me? :]

carbuncle700
    Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

Wiiscrubber step-by-step
    1) Make sure you've downloaded Wiiscrubber
    2) (Optional) back up your SSBB ISO before editing it
    3) Open Wiiscrubber and load your ISO file
    4) If you get the message "io_read" several times, hold enter until it stops and you eventually
        see the message "partition header"
    5) If your ISO is the full version, there should be 2 sections like this:
        Partition 0 - UPDATE
        Partition 1 - DATA
    6)Expand "DATA/Partition 1" and scroll down until you see the "fighter" folder, open "fighter"
    7)Scott goes over Lucas, so keep scrolling down until you find Lucas' folder
    8)Once his folder is open, replace each individual file by right-clicking, and selecting replace
    9)After all of these are replaced, Scott should be in the game, however he will have no custom
       portraits or anything

To replace portraits and other in-game icons, you'll need to check another tutorial unfortunately unless
    someone else is willing to explain it in this topic as I don't have enough time

10)After you did everything needed, just click the x in the corner and hit yes

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 06:51:40 AM »

From what info you've provided, you seem to be playing Brawl with an ISO loader, is that correct? If so, then you can't use Riivolution or Gecko to load custom files as they don't support ISO loaders. Instead, you will need to download WiiScrubber which is a special program for replacing/editing files in Wii games.
    Is this the case?

EDIT:
    @mareeo64
    Sorry about any mixup but I was actually referring to sakamichi's situation
    Ummm..............

You CAN use codes WITH USB Loaders, what the hell? This is the fourth time I see users misguiding people asking for help and advise in this week. <_<

OP, just download CFG USB Loader, it'll add a folder to the root of your SD, inside that folder, there'll be a "Codes" folder, you'll just have to put the RSBE01.gct in there with the codes for the hack to work, which I believe is only the File Replacement?
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:54:33 AM by Albafika » Logged

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

Me too? I was just explaining the files, I didn't advise anything for him to use. (Wiiscrubber VS USB loader)

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »

Me too? I was just explaining the files, I didn't advise anything for him to use. (Wiiscrubber VS USB loader)
    I was referring to Carbuncle, as he strongly affirmed USB Loaders can't use code and WiiScrubbing was the only way to go.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Smiley

Woot! 200th post! Grin
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:47:50 AM by Mareeo 64 » Logged

sakamichi
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:34 AM »

Wiiscrubber step-by-step
    1) Make sure you've downloaded Wiiscrubber
    2) (Optional) back up your SSBB ISO before editing it
    3) Open Wiiscrubber and load your ISO file
    4) If you get the message "io_read" several times, hold enter until it stops and you eventually
        see the message "partition header"
    5) If your ISO is the full version, there should be 2 sections like this:
        Partition 0 - UPDATE
       Partition 1 - DATA
    6)Expand "DATA/Partition 1" and scroll down until you see the "fighter" folder, open "fighter"
    7)Scott goes over Lucas, so keep scrolling down until you find Lucas' folder
    8)Once his folder is open, replace each individual file by right-clicking, and selecting replace
    9)After all of these are replaced, Scott should be in the game, however he will have no custom
       portraits or anything

To replace portraits and other in-game icons, you'll need to check another tutorial unfortunately unless
    someone else is willing to explain it in this topic as I don't have enough time

10)After you did everything needed, just click the x in the corner and hit yes

I did this and whenever I choose Lucas it freezes when I select a stage. It also freezes if I select Lucas and stay on the character selection screen for a while.

Ummm..............

You CAN use codes WITH USB Loaders, what the hell? This is the fourth time I see users misguiding people asking for help and advise in this week. <_<

OP, just download CFG USB Loader, it'll add a folder to the root of your SD, inside that folder, there'll be a "Codes" folder, you'll just have to put the RSBE01.gct in there with the codes for the hack to work, which I believe is only the File Replacement?

Ahh, thanks! I'll try this out as well. Thanks for the help everyone. :]

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: