Flygon Psa Released

Started by Carnage, August 14, 2012, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gyarados Size
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 09, 2012, 06:23:13 AM
Really would like to see some screenshots or maybe a preview video, but it sounds like you guys are doing pretty well with Ridley.  I thought I'd offer my hand to do a couple animations/moves, I'm really good with the fireballs and exploding stuff  >D so Carnage just let me know if you want me to help out because War is nearing a close, and after that I think I might be leaving KCMM.  Anyway just wanted to pop in and give my two cents keep up the good work guys I'm looking forward to the release of Ridley  :happy:
-Omni
no. you cant leave :oshi:
i havet sed you chaos cuz my pc isnt working. im usibg my phone to wrte this. <_<

and im 50% about to lose all my stuff :oshi:

why are you leaving omniscient ? its a shame we gonna lose another psaer

Quote from: Anivernage on November 09, 2012, 08:20:55 AM
no. you cant leave :oshi:
i havet sed you chaos cuz my pc isnt working. im usibg my phone to wrte this. <_<

and im 50% about to lose all my stuff :oshi:
that seems bad  hope you can fix your pc
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 18, 2012, 01:38:25 AM #108 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:02:22 AM by the_randomizer
Awesome! The animations are also very well done!

Out of curiosity, how did you edit the move animations, did you alter the FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac or a common_en file (2,3,4, etc)?

Could someone make a video of this? I'd like to see it in action... I hope the animations look fluid...
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

November 18, 2012, 02:45:13 AM #110 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:44:48 AM by _Data_Drain_
Alright... No one really asked me to give feedback for Ridley. But here I go anyway. This isn't going to be a full breakdown. I'm just gonna point out my first impressions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I may make a video to show what I mean... It's been awhile since I made a video on something.

November 18, 2012, 06:49:49 AM #111 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:52:33 AM by GanonG0d81
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 18, 2012, 02:45:13 AM
Alright... No one really asked me to give feedback for Ridley. But here I go anyway. This isn't going to be a full breakdown. I'm just gonna point out my first impressions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I may make a video to show what I mean... It's been awhile since I made a video on something.
This might as well be a full breakdown. Also, most of this moveset is based on SSBC so the animations are like that intentionally. This PSA was NOT rushed (besides my FS animations) so I would have expected more positive feedback than this. Fortunately, these were just your helpful opinions, and like I tell others, feedback is ALWAYS good. 
I'm addicted to Brawl.....HELP :\
-I feel like calling it quits

:srs: *BANG! BANG!*

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

Quote from: GanonG0d81 on November 18, 2012, 06:49:49 AM
This might as well be a full breakdown. Also, most of this moveset is based on SSBC so the animations are like that intentionally. This PSA was NOT rushed (besides my FS animations) so I would have expected more positive feedback than this. Fortunately, these were just your helpful opinions, and like I tell others, feedback is ALWAYS good. 
I apologize for sounding harsh. It's just how I do things...

I see a lot of potential in this move set. That's why I broke it down a bit...

Anyway. As I said. I made a video... Actually two.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I hope they are perhaps helpful for balancing. And showing others what's been done so far.

thanks for the video data drain i credited you and putted the video on one of the previews

Also thanks for the feedback, about some moves:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

thanks for the feedback DD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, I was tired when I did the review.

I still say the dash attack should just have less distance. Honestly, it's kinda fun to cancel it into a grab. Since if the foe can predict that, they can punish you... And believe me, in several failed matches, Bowser grabbed me out of the move, or just punished it by attacking me during it.

But still, it should travel less distance, for the sake of how Brawl is.


As for the GFX... Look at other Brawl characters. See how the dust travels from them when they attack? Replicate this with Ridley. Study how the Brawl characters moves GFX look.


Also... For a positive... I found landing the forward throw very amusing. Just dragging the foe through the ground. Especially after the dash attack.
XD

Anyway. I'll be testing this more. To see if I find anything more.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 18, 2012, 11:43:14 AM
Well, I was tired when I did the review.

I still say the dash attack should just have less distance. Honestly, it's kinda fun to cancel it into a grab. Since if the foe can predict that, they can punish you... And believe me, in several failed matches, Bowser grabbed me out of the move, or just punished it by attacking me during it.

But still, it should travel less distance, for the sake of how Brawl is.


As for the GFX... Look at other Brawl characters. See how the dust travels from them when they attack? Replicate this with Ridley. Study how the Brawl characters moves GFX look.


Also... For a positive... I found landing the forward throw very amusing. Just dragging the foe through the ground. Especially after the dash attack.
XD

Anyway. I'll be testing this more. To see if I find anything more.
i agree foward throw is one of the best amazing moves ridley has kagemaru made an epic animation xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh yeah... About down B. Think about holding the charge this way.

Samus and Lucario can hold their neutral B charges. By either holding the shield button. Or pressing left or right to roll out of it. However if they are hit during the charge animation. They lose all charge they had.


The best way to make Ridley feel as if he belongs in the game. Study how all the other characters work. And all the GFX placements on them. Use Smash attacks with all the characters. Study their coding within PSA. Heck, study other PSAs. Like Waluigi. Or something with what you're looking for.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 18, 2012, 11:57:49 AM
Oh yeah... About down B. Think about holding the charge this way.

Samus and Lucario can hold their neutral B charges. By either holding the shield button. Or pressing left or right to roll out of it. However if they are hit during the charge animation. They lose all charge they had.


The best way to make Ridley feel as if he belongs in the game. Study how all the other characters work. And all the GFX placements on them. Use Smash attacks with all the characters. Study their coding within PSA. Heck, study other PSAs. Like Waluigi. Or something with what you're looking for.

thats a true charged attack no one made a chargable move like that its just not possible really  the holding going away if hitted during the charge animation even sdooms chargable moves like he has on shadow only hold the last charge if there is any psa with a true psaed charged move let me know since i never saw any i have a theory but it is untested and it will take tons of codding lol the brawl char moves work with internal codes we cant replicate by psa  i already studied alot of psas incase you didnt know i always do to compare knockbacks, and make some moves im not to sure how  to do thats how i learned to psa by studying  alot of psas.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I watched both those videos...

The only animation issues I have are with the down air tbh... I think it could use a bit more start up lag to make it feel less stiff.

Aside from that, it looks like a pretty fun PSA to play with. I do however hope that Carnage at some point removes all the voice effects from Ridley. hearing Captain Falcon's voice when Ridley does moves kinda throws it off.

Also, Data, you didn't show a lot of the other moves. I think out of both videos, you did the down grab once, and the up grab 2-3 times and the forward grab a bunch of times but the back one wasn't done at all I don't think (i could have missed it) IIRC thats the one where he throws them back, and swipes them with his tail. I don't know if Carnage put it in.

The forward Air could use a bit more landing lag. I suggest moving the landing lag code thingy from whatever its on, to just after the tail has passed from under Ridley. Thinking of it like a degree... if 270 is directly under Ridley (facing right), then when its around 240 or so.

Perhaps we can think of a different back air move for him since currently its still Charizards.

As far as the dash goes, the way I see it is that it goes so far and that balances it because its punishable but if you can hit someone with it, you can combo grab it. So that kinda balances it for me.

Carnage, you should add in a start animation for whatever animations that need one because smooth transitions always make things look better.

All in all I'm proud that I was a part of this project. Ridley looked really fun to play with in those videos. I just wish he wasn't over Captain Falcon D:

Also, sorry I've been too busy to make a FS animation... but I'm sure GG did a good job.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

kage the back throw is in and the back aerial is charizards since well it looks like the move ridley does in ssbc  im fixing some stuff knockbacks giving some  attacks less speed  and such  tryed everything i know but the cf special grab still moves alittle and i cant fix that tomorow i will mess around with the downB giving it a start animation and i will try some code i have on my mind to see if i can make a true chargable attack xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.