Slayersnext's Import [1st Serge from Chrono Cross]

Started by slayersnext, September 05, 2012, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 10, 2013, 04:41:34 AM #15 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:21:05 PM by SergeHimself







The Mastermune is the greatest weapon ever made hands down.  Don't know if it's got too much detail to import into brawl or something though.

Azure_Shadow, if you're still planning on PSA'ing Serge, its cool that he's over Ike.  I think Ike's forward B move would work pretty well as Serge's Dash&Slash tech.  It'd work even better if he ended up behind the enemy after going "through" them.  Just started looking into all the Brawl hacking stuff though so I'm not entirely sure on the limitations of PSA's and animating through Brawl Box etc.



Post Merge: February 11, 2013, 03:21:04 PM

And this may answer slayersnext's question about 3dsmax if I understood it correctly.  Not sure.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74045

Quote from: slayersnext on February 05, 2013, 01:57:08 PM
anyone know if there's a chance to load the original animations in 3dsmax??

I don't think so. If you somehow managed to do it though, that would make his PSA a bit easier. I'd still need to ask some animators for help with his other moves though- even if he uses a lot of elements in Chrono Cross, elemental PSAs are generally looked down on here and I think most of his attacks should be physical. I'd probably use Lumiere as his final smash and have just 1-3 other elemental attacks, depending.

Quote from: SergeHimself on February 10, 2013, 04:41:34 AM
[img width=695 height=616]Azure_Shadow, if you're still planning on PSA'ing Serge, its cool that he's over Ike.  I think Ike's forward B move would work pretty well as Serge's Dash&Slash tech.  It'd work even better if he ended up behind the enemy after going "through" them.  Just started looking into all the Brawl hacking stuff though so I'm not entirely sure on the limitations of PSA's and animating through Brawl Box etc.


Ike's >B code wouldn't be a good way to go for that, although the attack itself would be fairly easy to PSA from scratch. But I'm not committing to making a full PSA until this is released and I get an animator's help.
Now available in blue.

February 17, 2013, 04:09:12 PM #17 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:43:59 PM by slayersnext
QuoteI don't think so. If you somehow managed to do it though, that would make his PSA a bit easier. I'd still need to ask some animators for help with his other moves though- even if he uses a lot of elements in Chrono Cross, elemental PSAs are generally looked down on here and I think most of his attacks should be physical. I'd probably use Lumiere as his final smash and have just 1-3 other elemental attacks, depending.

Owww that's a pity ^_^'
Anyway, here's the swallow. Its a bit low poly... but I think that it'd look OK in the game:


I'll put all together and make the versions ;D

EDIT: Nah, forget aboout the low poly!



:V he's looking incredible wowowow!!! can't wait for thisss

Thanks and... well, after an afternoon filled by 'beeps of death' I managed to make the version with the Highpoly Mastermune. Some problems comes with the size of the textures and the reflective shader added to the edges xD
Here some screens and at night the release:

* Sword Version:


*Thug Sword Version:


* MasterMune Version:


:D

 :o

You are the man!!!!  This all looks amazing.  When I first saw the low-poly Mastermune, I thought "Holy crap! That looks just like the cc ingame model in battles.  That's awesome."  But that high-poly Mastermune blows EVERYTHING away.  That is amazing.  You seriously took it to another level with that.  This is the best brawl model I have ever seen.  Hands down.  Amazing job.

February 21, 2013, 11:41:12 PM #21 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:52:15 PM by slayersnext
QuoteYou are the man!!!!  This all looks amazing.  When I first saw the low-poly Mastermune, I thought "Holy crap! That looks just like the cc ingame model in battles.  That's awesome."  But that high-poly Mastermune blows EVERYTHING away.  That is amazing.  You seriously took it to another level with that.  This is the best brawl model I have ever seen.  Hands down.  Amazing job.
Jajaja, thanks, SergeHimself :P

Released!!
You can find the link in 1st page!

February 22, 2013, 12:25:04 AM #22 Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:27:05 AM by Ricky (Br3)
I [censored]ing love you. :srs:

You should re-rig him into other characters as well, like Pit/Ike!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I've been watching this thread for awhile. I may not know much about Chrono Cross, but that is best custom model of Serge I have ever seen. Great job and I hope to see more from you. ;D
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Uh, is there a reason why his eyes aren't blue?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I like the eyes like that and also
I done a recolor of his clothes
Sorry if it doesn't do nothing for ya but i added you on credit and collab
Have a look if you like. I will also be glad to delete it if you want
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=8730&Moderated=0

I am blown away by how awesome this model turned out.  You deserve a serious pat on the back slayersnext.

Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on February 22, 2013, 12:25:04 AMI [censored]ing love you. :srs: You should re-rig him into other characters as well, like Pit/Ike!

Re-rigging into Ike would be awesome as I love using his moveset, but if someone PSA's this awesome model, it won't matter.

Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on February 22, 2013, 02:22:38 AMUh, is there a reason why his eyes aren't blue?

Actually, if you compare Serge's game-art, art from the various official books released for the game and so on, this is the correct color of his eyes.  They are only blue for ingame battles and cutscenes.  It's kind of funny.  If you look at his battle model in-game, there isn't any yellow on his bandana, he's never wearing his necklace and the mastermune doesn't have the loop in the center of it to hold onto.  So really, blue or the magenta-ish color.  Either one is right.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on February 22, 2013, 12:57:33 AMI've been watching this thread for awhile. I may not know much about Chrono Cross, but that is best custom model of Serge I have ever seen. Great job and I hope to see more from you. ;D

I second this, 1000 percent.  Slayersnext, this model went so well, that I'd go as far as to possibly beg you to make a Kid model.  Permitting you got the time of course.  The one Kid model that's out there isn't that great.  It's definitely not on the level of THIS model of Serge.  If you made a Kid model this great, I could get the Radical Dreamers back together with Serge, Kid and Magil (Magus).    :af2:

Ooh, nice!
Okay, time for me to go plague some animators! I'll start sending the PMs in a day or two...
Now available in blue.

February 22, 2013, 10:46:29 AM #28 Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:21:57 AM by agent-s
really awesome work :)

@azureshadow i am sure your psa will be incredible :)

February 22, 2013, 02:11:02 PM #29 Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:20:19 PM by slayersnext
Thanks for that. It makes me feel so happy!!
I'm gonna do a few more then.

Now, abut the eyes. It's based on the artwork, where he has them purple (even when he talks in the game). At first they were blue, but then, the face only have 2 colors. Purple gives more... color to the model.

About make something for Ike,  I have some ideas for him:
:af:

The recolors are fine. No problem about that. Thanks! The PSA, It would be cool.  I'll be watching for it!

In my deviantart page (2playerwins), you can see more models from Chrono Cross... They're a bit low poly because they're designed for Dissidia, but, well, you can have and idea.