Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Slayersnext's Import [1st Serge from Chrono Cross]  (Read 27739 times)
SergeHimself
Newbie Kitten

Hail To The King, Baby!!!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

The Mastermune is the greatest weapon ever made hands down.  Don't know if it's got too much detail to import into brawl or something though.

Azure_Shadow, if you're still planning on PSA'ing Serge, its cool that he's over Ike.  I think Ike's forward B move would work pretty well as Serge's Dash&Slash tech.  It'd work even better if he ended up behind the enemy after going "through" them.  Just started looking into all the Brawl hacking stuff though so I'm not entirely sure on the limitations of PSA's and animating through Brawl Box etc.

Post Merge: February 11, 2013, 08:21:04 AM
And this may answer slayersnext's question about 3dsmax if I understood it correctly.  Not sure.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74045
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:21:05 AM by SergeHimself » Logged

Azure_Shadow
Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

anyone know if there's a chance to load the original animations in 3dsmax??

I don't think so. If you somehow managed to do it though, that would make his PSA a bit easier. I'd still need to ask some animators for help with his other moves though- even if he uses a lot of elements in Chrono Cross, elemental PSAs are generally looked down on here and I think most of his attacks should be physical. I'd probably use Lumiere as his final smash and have just 1-3 other elemental attacks, depending.

[img width=695 height=616]Azure_Shadow, if you're still planning on PSA'ing Serge, its cool that he's over Ike.  I think Ike's forward B move would work pretty well as Serge's Dash&Slash tech.  It'd work even better if he ended up behind the enemy after going "through" them.  Just started looking into all the Brawl hacking stuff though so I'm not entirely sure on the limitations of PSA's and animating through Brawl Box etc.

Ike's >B code wouldn't be a good way to go for that, although the attack itself would be fairly easy to PSA from scratch. But I'm not committing to making a full PSA until this is released and I get an animator's help.

Now available in blue.

slayersnext
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 09:09:12 AM »

I don't think so. If you somehow managed to do it though, that would make his PSA a bit easier. I'd still need to ask some animators for help with his other moves though- even if he uses a lot of elements in Chrono Cross, elemental PSAs are generally looked down on here and I think most of his attacks should be physical. I'd probably use Lumiere as his final smash and have just 1-3 other elemental attacks, depending.

Owww that's a pity ^_^'
    Anyway, here's the swallow. Its a bit low poly... but I think that it'd look OK in the game:

I'll put all together and make the versions Grin

EDIT: Nah, forget aboout the low poly!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:43:59 PM by slayersnext » Logged

Granfalloon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »

:V he's looking incredible wowowow!!! can't wait for thisss

slayersnext
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

Thanks and... well, after an afternoon filled by 'beeps of death' I managed to make the version with the Highpoly Mastermune. Some problems comes with the size of the textures and the reflective shader added to the edges xD
    Here some screens and at night the release:

* Sword Version:

*Thug Sword Version:

* MasterMune Version:

Cheesy

SergeHimself
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »

Shocked

You are the man!!!!  This all looks amazing.  When I first saw the low-poly Mastermune, I thought "Holy crap! That looks just like the cc ingame model in battles.  That's awesome."  But that high-poly Mastermune blows EVERYTHING away.  That is amazing.  You seriously took it to another level with that.  This is the best brawl model I have ever seen.  Hands down.  Amazing job.

slayersnext
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »

You are the man!!!!  This all looks amazing.  When I first saw the low-poly Mastermune, I thought "Holy crap! That looks just like the cc ingame model in battles.  That's awesome."  But that high-poly Mastermune blows EVERYTHING away.  That is amazing.  You seriously took it to another level with that.  This is the best brawl model I have ever seen.  Hands down.  Amazing job.
    Jajaja, thanks, SergeHimself Tongue

Released!!
    You can find the link in 1st page!
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:52:15 PM by slayersnext » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »

I [censored]ing love you. Im srs here

You should re-rig him into other characters as well, like Pit/Ike!
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:27:05 PM by Ricky (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »

I've been watching this thread for awhile. I may not know much about Chrono Cross, but that is best custom model of Serge I have ever seen. Great job and I hope to see more from you. Grin

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »

Uh, is there a reason why his eyes aren't blue?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Jamrock
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »

I like the eyes like that and also
    I done a recolor of his clothes
    Sorry if it doesn't do nothing for ya but i added you on credit and collab
    Have a look if you like. I will also be glad to delete it if you want
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=8730&Moderated=0

SergeHimself
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 10:33:29 PM »

I am blown away by how awesome this model turned out.  You deserve a serious pat on the back slayersnext.

I [censored]ing love you. Im srs here You should re-rig him into other characters as well, like Pit/Ike!

Re-rigging into Ike would be awesome as I love using his moveset, but if someone PSA's this awesome model, it won't matter.

Uh, is there a reason why his eyes aren't blue?

Actually, if you compare Serge's game-art, art from the various official books released for the game and so on, this is the correct color of his eyes.  They are only blue for ingame battles and cutscenes.  It's kind of funny.  If you look at his battle model in-game, there isn't any yellow on his bandana, he's never wearing his necklace and the mastermune doesn't have the loop in the center of it to hold onto.  So really, blue or the magenta-ish color.  Either one is right.

I've been watching this thread for awhile. I may not know much about Chrono Cross, but that is best custom model of Serge I have ever seen. Great job and I hope to see more from you. Grin

I second this, 1000 percent.  Slayersnext, this model went so well, that I'd go as far as to possibly beg you to make a Kid model.  Permitting you got the time of course.  The one Kid model that's out there isn't that great.  It's definitely not on the level of THIS model of Serge.  If you made a Kid model this great, I could get the Radical Dreamers back together with Serge, Kid and Magil (Magus).    AWESOME 2.0!

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »

Ooh, nice!
    Okay, time for me to go plague some animators! I'll start sending the PMs in a day or two...

Now available in blue.

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 03:46:29 AM »

really awesome work Smiley

@azureshadow i am sure your psa will be incredible Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:21:57 AM by agent-s » Logged

slayersnext
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 07:11:02 AM »

Thanks for that. It makes me feel so happy!!
    I'm gonna do a few more then.

Now, abut the eyes. It's based on the artwork, where he has them purple (even when he talks in the game). At first they were blue, but then, the face only have 2 colors. Purple gives more... color to the model.

About make something for Ike,  I have some ideas for him:
    Awesome Face

The recolors are fine. No problem about that. Thanks! The PSA, It would be cool.  I'll be watching for it!

In my deviantart page (2playerwins), you can see more models from Chrono Cross... They're a bit low poly because they're designed for Dissidia, but, well, you can have and idea.
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:20:19 AM by slayersnext » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: