MediaFire Account Suspension

Started by mnsg, October 11, 2012, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I regret to inform you all that due to copyright violations, MediaFire has suspended my MediaFire account.  Because of this, I can no longer host my downloads there.

Any advice for what I should do now?  I don't want to get overrun by several Brawl Vault reports.

That's a bad new.
Mediafire is not the only host, just find another one and re-upload your hacks.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Quote from: Chaoszard on October 11, 2012, 06:17:27 PM
That's a bad new.
Mediafire is not the only host, just find another one and re-upload your hacks.


That's what I'm doing, but a lot of file hosting sites have those terms of services mentioning about copyright infringement.

I was thinking about using 1freehosting.com, as I have an FTP account there, which is used to host my Stat Viewer PHP script for Mario Kart 7.  The only problem is how the FTP account handles .zip files.

Really? Thats weird. Mines still up and i got mp3 files there.

Try http://www.gamefront.com/


You must keep in mind though that my MediaFire account has had to deal with copyright infringement reports several times in the past.  Those instances eventually lead to the downfall of my account, and everything that was on there.

Anyway, I did see what Game Front is all about, but right now it doesn't look too promising.  For one thing, files that aren't downloaded within 60 days are subject to deletion.

Quote from: Chaoszard on October 11, 2012, 06:17:27 PM
That's a bad new.
Mediafire is not the only host, just find another one and re-upload your hacks.

Yup, its 4shared, box.com, there are tons to do that ;D

I have both and have no problems atm ;D

dropbox.
Brawl friend code: 1333-3472-6731. If you want to add me PM me so I know to add you back, thanks! (it would be helpful to include brawl friend code in the message).



October 11, 2012, 11:56:09 PM #9 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:22:39 PM by mnsg
Thank you for your suggestions people.  Fortunately, I was smart enough to back up all of my work onto a storage device, so once I've chosen my new hosting area, I'll be updating all of my Brawl Vault entries with new download links.

Post Merge: October 12, 2012, 07:22:39 PM

I've managed to get things back in order now, now that I'm using Dropbox.  All that I can hope for now is to see that the change holds itself.