Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with 3dsmax 2010?  (Read 1292 times)
Parvati ~ <3
KC-MM's Family Drama Queen
Supreme Kitten

i forgot about this place wow im so old now wtf

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 22, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »

I have read every tutorial on here on how to vertex with 3ds max, but nothing ever works right... Can someone please walk me specifically through every part of it? Thanks so much.

Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
    KCMM Alumn.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:20 AM »

If you click on your desired Object, you should see a bounding box around it, as seen in this picture.

When you have your desired Object selected, go to the second Editing option on the window to your right that says "Modify" and click on it. I put a red box around the Option you should choose.

Then you should see your list of Modifiers under it. It should say either "Editable Mesh" or "Editable Poly".

After that, click on the + icon next to your modifier, and select the Vertex Option.

You should now see the vertices that your selected object has. The vertices should show up as blue squares/dots on your model.

To edit a vert, just click on it. But this alone just selects it. A selected vert will show up red.

And if you want to select more than one vert, then hold down your Ctrl key, and click on all the vertices you like. And if you accidentally select the wrong vert, just hold your Alt key (you're safe to let go of Ctrl) and click on the vert that you didn't mean to select.

Right-click, and you're able to choose between "Move", "Rotate", "Scale", and "Select". Each option should be self-explanatory.

Make sure you make a Back-up of your file and make sure that no other Modifiers are in your window. If there are, just Right-Click in that area, and click on "Collapse All", and accept the warning prompt.

This is just the basic stuff, though. Hope this helps. Smiley

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Parvati ~ <3
    KC-MM's Family Drama Queen
    Supreme Kitten

i forgot about this place wow im so old now wtf

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

If you click on your desired Object, you should see a bounding box around it, as seen in this picture.

When you have your desired Object selected, go to the second Editing option on the window to your right that says "Modify" and click on it. I put a red box around the Option you should choose.

Then you should see your list of Modifiers under it. It should say either "Editable Mesh" or "Editable Poly".

After that, click on the + icon next to your modifier, and select the Vertex Option.

You should now see the vertices that your selected object has. The vertices should show up as blue squares/dots on your model.

To edit a vert, just click on it. But this alone just selects it. A selected vert will show up red.

And if you want to select more than one vert, then hold down your Ctrl key, and click on all the vertices you like. And if you accidentally select the wrong vert, just hold your Alt key (you're safe to let go of Ctrl) and click on the vert that you didn't mean to select.

Right-click, and you're able to choose between "Move", "Rotate", "Scale", and "Select". Each option should be self-explanatory.

Make sure you make a Back-up of your file and make sure that no other Modifiers are in your window. If there are, just Right-Click in that area, and click on "Collapse All", and accept the warning prompt.

This is just the basic stuff, though. Hope this helps. Smiley

Everytime i import my model, it looks all effed up like this ):
    I click "fix ais import" but it dosent fix anything.
    and by the way, I'm diggin that model Wink

Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
    KCMM Alumn.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »

Everytime i import my model, it looks all effed up like this ):
    I click "fix ais import" but it dosent fix anything.
    Oh. That's a character's bone-set. I assume you want to vertex a Brawl Model. I think there is a tutorial on how to do that. Look in the Model Tutorials section of the forums.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: