Aafyre's Unorganized Mess - Genesect Released (finally)

Started by Aafyre, December 10, 2012, 04:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Hmmm, I haven't touched that stage in a while. I don't know how far along DSX8 is with it either. The basic stage and background models are all done though (but I might play around with the textures a bit). I had some ideas before about putting zingers and Rambi in the background, but I dunno.

On a related note, no one has picked up that Lakeside Limbo stage yet ;)


January 19, 2013, 02:37:08 AM #228 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:07:25 AM by Aafyre
Yeah, but that would require making a zinger model....

There is a zinger model in DK64, but no one's ripped it yet. To my knowledge, that's the only zinger model there is. Mind you, I've never played that silly Barrel Blast game.

Post Merge: January 20, 2013, 02:07:24 AM

Blastoise, Blaaah!


Okay, I disregarded what Joke. said  :P and T-posed his melee trophy, using StarWaffle's Blastoise head instead of the trophy's (because it's lower poly, has an openeble mouth, and quite frankly just looks better). I even gave him teeth. I don't know why Blastoise models always lack teeth. He clearly has them in his artwork and sprites....

Anyways, I have some questions now. Joke. was right about him being high poly. As he is now, he is just over 8k, which I think should be safe, but Bowser also requires a secondary shell for a lot of his attacks. When I clone his current shell, it brings the poly count to just over 12k, which may be too much. So there's a few things I'm thinking of:

1. Would I be better off just using the PokePark model's shell for when he goes inside it? The downside here is that that would need its own texture, which may defeat the purpose of trying to save file space from using a lower poly shell.

2. Is it possible to just use the same shell that he has now for those attacks, without even having to clone it? The downside here is that his canons would still be out, but that's not that big of a deal.

January 20, 2013, 02:27:19 AM #229 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:28:16 AM by Mr.MW
you can pro-optimize the [censored] out of the other shell
also 12000 polys is about the max it can get, but it should work


On another Note
Epic Frog Day
On a Saturday Nite!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

N dont worry ill get some more pics and a video and stuff probably later tonight


Wrong link Mugen. You linked to the Vault :P
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30699
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I can optimize the Blastoise model for you. I usually work with very high-poly models, so I know quite a lot of tricks to lower poly-count without ruining much of the quality

you will need the extra shell for Blastoise, at least from what i could tell with previous Bowser imports i've done.  he is looking really good though.

also, i'm pretty close to done with Skyla.  just a few more places to finish rigging, and materials to fix, which is why one of the straps is missing on her in this pic, and why the eyes are funky.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Damn Aafyre!

Battletoads, Pharaohman, Frog, Skyla almost done, and Blastoise in the works.

You are amazing sir.

I'm more than happy that you are back.

about blastoise's double shell thing, i'd go for a lower poly shell, and since pokepark textures are pretty much plain textures, it wouldnt really increase the file size that much, since it almost looks the same at 512 as at 128 :srs:

Quote from: ItalianStallion on January 20, 2013, 08:27:59 AM
Damn Aafyre!

Battletoads, Pharaohman, Frog, Skyla almost done, and Blastoise in the works.

You are amazing sir.

I'm more than happy that you are back.

Thanks! But remember that if it were not for all these people willing to help, I'd just have a bunch of unfinished projects  :happy:

Also Skyla's coming along nicely

melee trophys sure are amazing no wonder the gamecube could only handle one at a time xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.