Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 18, 2013, 07:52:36 PM #360 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:05:18 PM by Shun_One
I think Link looks good. The hair is the only part that makes me raise an eye-brow, but that may just be from me being unused to looking at it.

Zelda's out as well.
Zelda
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The one with the white dress is there too.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Apples on May 18, 2013, 07:22:04 PM
I think silver was playing with brown shoes (he might have said it wasn't working out as well), but I'll just let him play with that on his version if he likes.

Yeah, but his problem lies with that no matter how he tries, the shoes just refuse to become the right color.

Anyhow, Mars Link looks alright. I'd say darken it a little though.

EDIT: Mars Zelda looks perfect to me.

Quote from: joke king on May 18, 2013, 07:23:35 PM
i gotta say his hair looks kinda weird, maybe just make it brown instead of blonde, and add a red highlight to that.
Quote from: Zacheart on May 18, 2013, 08:04:06 PM
Yeah, but his problem lies with that no matter how he tries, the shoes just refuse to become the right color.

Anyhow, Mars Link looks alright. I'd say darken it a little though.

EDIT: Mars Zelda looks perfect to me.

Hmm. Perhaps that hair shader only really worked on Toon Link?
Reference:

When you say darken it, do you mean just kind of desaturate and dim it a little to about the shade on Mars Zelda? I'll try out a few things.

Quote from: Shun_One on May 18, 2013, 07:52:36 PM
I think Link looks good. The hair is the only part that makes me raise an eye-brow, but that may just be from me being unused to looking at it.

Zelda's out as well.
Zelda
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The one with the white dress is there too.

That red Zelda is so fly, you made like all of the perfect choices for each part of her dress. Great job bro. I still like the first attempt best as it's closest to the original Mars theme, but this one is really great too. Her shoulders make it work so well, so rustic.

Here's a Sheik preview. One with the blonde heated hair and one with brown to match Shun's Zelda.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i meant to make link's hair like the sheik on the right, but with red-ish highlights

Quote from: Apples on May 18, 2013, 08:44:11 PMWhen you say darken it, do you mean just kind of desaturate and dim it a little to about the shade on Mars Zelda? I'll try out a few things.

Yeah basically.

QuoteHere's a Sheik preview. One with the blonde heated hair and one with brown to match Shun's Zelda.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I like the one with the blonde hair better, but the other one fits with the Zelda more. Hmm...

I have zero Sheik suggestions. Looks great (both of them).
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Zacheart on May 18, 2013, 08:04:06 PM
Yeah, but his problem lies with that no matter how he tries, the shoes just refuse to become the right color.
Not sure, but this might be the fix you're looking for:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5912

For Link, I agree with the brown-er hair idea. For the reds, they might be a bit too bright, try darkening them a bit, saturation is fine though. And a random suggestion, but how does it look when you make the shield darker than his tunic, or the other way around? (It might already be, I'm looking at the third screenshot)

For Shiek...it looks great, I wouldn't change anything!

For Sheik, go with the brown hair. Also, I'm pretty curious how she'd look if the red was more saturated.

I've hit a stump for mars sonic.
Brown just doesn't work with a red sonic and I don't know what I could do to make mine different from Apple's.

As for the mars climbers I just switched the colors from last update so that nana wears red but popo doesnt look right wearing the brighter biege parka.


Quote from: silver856 on May 21, 2013, 08:00:48 PM
I've hit a stump for mars sonic.
Brown just doesn't work with a red sonic and I don't know what I could do to make mine different from Apple's.
I've an idea of what you could do and I had already done the texture myself. If you don't mind giving it a shot, I'll send you the shoes texture and you can apply it yourself.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM


May 23, 2013, 04:10:27 PM #372 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:12:05 PM by Xenozoa425
Here's a few small changes to the Mars Falco I posted a while back.



Made his feathers a very desaturated and pale blue, darkened the jacket a little bit, fixed his boots, and changed his shirt a little bit. I noticed that the strappings on his jacket got really bright when I brightened and sharpened the image, in Brawlbox and in-game it's almost the same exact color as his boots.

What do you guys think?


Call it a project Xeno!

@Silver - Try out these gloves and shoes


Just a quick C&P over your existing texture should do the trick.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM